FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Hearthstone Legendary Midrange Hunter TGT

You can't rely on your early minions sticking to the board all the time, and even if they do, with something with a Creeper or Companion, you'd much rather Houndmaster for Tempo with this deck than draw cards. It doesn't really need card draw, you just curve out.

Guest Scourcher

I do have all the cards for the deck but Im wondering if there's any spot for Emperor Thaurissan?

I do have all the cards for the deck but Im wondering if there's any spot for Emperor Thaurissan?

Thaurissan would be the second biggest minion. This means you won't get much discount value on minions. This deck isn't combo either and therefore he will not make your combos easier. So no, he does not fit the deck at all. 

After changes still doesn't seem very effective against paladin secret decks. Also seems to be impossible to beat warrior control,, any tips against them, or is it hopeless?

After changes still doesn't seem very effective against paladin secret decks. Also seems to be impossible to beat warrior control,, any tips against them, or is it hopeless?

They are just Midrange Hunter's bad matchups. Every deck has them and that's what makes some decks more prevalent on ladder than others. Right now, hunter as a class has a bad time on ladder.

• Like 1

Guest Theo

Hi,

what can I use instead of Dr. Boom? Another endgame threat?

I switched Dr. Boom out with Illidan stormrage. working pretty fine so far.

Hello!

What about Kel'Thuzad as a Dr. 7 replacement?

Thanks!

You wont be trading that much in the late-game to make KT a good swap.

• Like 1

Hello!

What about Kel'Thuzad as a Dr. 7 replacement?

Thanks!

You wont be trading that much in the late-game to make KT a good swap.

Thanks for replying!

So, let's say Dr. Balanced is unreplaceable in this deck? What about Stormwind Champion? Since the Standard format announcement, I do not know if I want to craft Dr. 7 or not...

Thanks!

EDIT: What about Hogger? lol

Edited by ItEm

Dr. 7 has just great value. He is replaceable, but it is hard to find a strong, proactive play without having to reach too far, The usual replacement for Boom is another late-game power, mostly in the form of Ragnaros. However, you might want to try Hybrid hunter out.

• Like 1

Guest Draco Barfboy

DOes anyone know what card I can replace for a flare? I've been carrying around 1 flare in my deck for various reasons. But i feel like whatever I replace it with is detrimental to the deck.

Guest SamIam

What card can you have replaced for a flare? I've tried experimenting by swapping out a bunch of different cards for a flare, but every card seems pretty essential for the deck. 

Guest Atanhe

Hi, i don't have dottor boom but i have princess Huhuran. Can i replace boom with Loatheb? Or Sylvanas? 

Hi, i don't have dottor boom but i have princess Huhuran. Can i replace boom with Loatheb? Or Sylvanas? 

Sounds reasonable. If the meta gets too fast for Sylvanas, include another high-quality late-game power.

Guest Bobbo

well i was too late to get loatheb and i don't have 1600 dust...any other replacements for huhuran?maybe a feign death or a second stranglethorn?

9 hours ago, Daddyo said:

This is not a "Legend" capable deck. It is, at best, a 15.

Please play the deck before you make ridiculous claims.

As is always the way with these comments, what went wrong? Can you show us a replay of your games? What did you play against? How many games did you play? At what point in the game did you lose?

Simply blaming the deck helps nobody, nor does it allow us to help you.

I bow to superior knowledge - my 7k plus wins are clearly not as vast as your experience. 

But after 25 games, even my limited experience is generally enough to indicate where a deck will play.

My real beef is the over-exuberant claims for the potential of a deck. Tell me something like "Expert players can attain Legend rank; experienced players can attain 5 and inexperienced players can get to 10." and if I can't make it, at least I know that it is my lack of skill. And for decks that realistically have only a shot at, say 5, you could say something like "This deck is excellent for building the playing skills necessary to ultimately get to Legend status, at a reasonable cost." 

But claiming Legend potential for every deck you put up only devalues credibility, even if, as I suspect, your stats show that players only click on "Legend" decks.

Please just be realistic.

And, I apologize for my choice of words. I should not have let my frustration of playing 4 or 5 "Legend" decks with substantially worse than claimed results get in the way of a constructive post.

21 minutes ago, Daddyo said:

I bow to superior knowledge - my 7k plus wins are clearly not as vast as your experience. 

But after 25 games, even my limited experience is generally enough to indicate where a deck will play.

My real beef is the over-exuberant claims for the potential of a deck. Tell me something like "Expert players can attain Legend rank; experienced players can attain 5 and inexperienced players can get to 10." and if I can't make it, at least I know that it is my lack of skill. And for decks that realistically have only a shot at, say 5, you could say something like "This deck is excellent for building the playing skills necessary to ultimately get to Legend status, at a reasonable cost." 

But claiming Legend potential for every deck you put up only devalues credibility, even if, as I suspect, your stats show that players only click on "Legend" decks.

Please just be realistic.

And, I apologize for my choice of words. I should not have let my frustration of playing 4 or 5 "Legend" decks with substantially worse than claimed results get in the way of a constructive post.

I think you are missing the point here. These decks are all decks that were used at one point by one or more players to reach Legend status with. They all have Legend potential... if you know what you are doing. And that isn't only knowing how to play a particular given deck well, but also read the flow of the meta and know at which moment said deck will have the most chance of running into decks it is strong against.

I may be missing a point, but so are you.

Claiming "They all have Legend potential (because they) were all used at one point by one or more players to reach Legend status with" and then qualifying it with the meta argument, when the category is "1.1 Meta Wild Decks" that "dominate the Hearthstone Meta" indicates you're just trying to have it both ways. Either it dominates, whatever that is (mid-single digits...?), or it doesn't belong in the 1.1. category. If the Meta has changed and it no longer dominates, then move it to a more appropriate category.

The point I'm making is credibility - claiming every deck has Legend potential devalues the attribute and, in turn, leads to loss of credibility (if you don't get what I'm talking about, think about what the repeated claims of political candidates you oppose does to your sense of their credibility...).

Any, you've made your point, which I get and will act on.

And I've made mine. You'll either find it valid, and act on it. Or you won't.

18 hours ago, Daddyo said:

The point I'm making is credibility - claiming every deck has Legend potential devalues the attribute and, in turn, leads to loss of credibility (if you don't get what I'm talking about, think about what the repeated claims of political candidates you oppose does to your sense of their credibility...).

Just wanted to stop by and fill in a few gaps of information here. As you can probably tell, the last time this guide saw an update was in June. The deck is still capable of hitting Legend, as most are, but you do need to know exactly how to play it.

Our Wild section has been slightly neglected due to HUGE differences between the Standard/Wild meta (It's tough for Sottle to stay on top of both at such a high level). We have a second guide writer joining us in the near future to give our Wild section a complete revamp (we recently tweeted out looking for someone and have since found an individual). This should see new decks and updates to the Wild portion of the game.

Just wanted to leave this here so that you know we are reading and listening, as well as working hard to fix the issues that are appearing.

Thank you - I now better understand the challenges you have been facing and appreciate the efforts you are making to address them. And, again, I apologize for venting my frustration in the original post.

3 hours ago, Daddyo said:

Thank you - I now better understand the challenges you have been facing and appreciate the efforts you are making to address them. And, again, I apologize for venting my frustration in the original post.

It's no problem, hopefully once the section is updated the decks will be much more effective in the Wild ladder. Thanks for understanding!

I gave you the benefit of the doubt and tried it again. Best I could get was 11.

So, I clearly  don't have the skills or capability of playing it to Legend, like you.

So, good luck to you on Icy  Veins - clearly not a site for me. (And you don't need to respond - I won't be back).

2 hours ago, Daddyo said:

I gave you the benefit of the doubt and tried it again. Best I could get was 11.

So, I clearly  don't have the skills or capability of playing it to Legend, like you.

So, good luck to you on Icy  Veins - clearly not a site for me. (And you don't need to respond - I won't be back).

I'm sorry to hear that. I had hoped you would perhaps understand what I said in that you do need to understand exactly how to play the deck to hit Legend, because it is outdated. Hence why we are going through the updates.

Anyway, apologies once again and good luck wherever else you choose to go.

Sign in to follow this