FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
h4rr0d

Yet another my DPS sucks thread (dw frost)

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/neptulon/Tene/advanced

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/2011799/latest/#boss=0

So, as the title says, I'm (and more importantly my guild is) very unhappy about my DPS. It's gotten to the point where I'm not getting taken to mythic progression because, well, I don't deliver.

I've been trying to see what's up by comparing logs but I can't figure out anything but the fact my stuff hits for a lot less damage than the top parsing guys.

I've also tried UH yesterday (the Council kill), but that was just completely messed up. I got couple questions about UH though. The single target spec seems to be good only if the fight lasts couple minutes so the initial breath inflates the DPS quite a bit, is that correct?

For festerblight, I got different question though. In the guide directly on IV, it says, I should keep necro plague stacked up for as long as possible. Some other guides state, that I should use only couple death runes on festering strikes, let the debuff fade eventually and then quickly stack it up again with unholy blight. Which approach is correct?

I was looking at your dps from mythic and it does not seem too bad considering the ilvl. You have to remember that you get very low percentage on Mythic because there are a lot less players competing and majority have higher ilvl than you. That said, I think it also comes down to role and luck.

Depending on your strategy, 65k with your ilvl is ok on Hellfire Assault.

On Iron Reaver 49k is also good.

On Kormrok, this depends totally on your tactic. Are you single targeting the boss or required to contribute to AOE. Also, which pool you start with and so on. Regardless, to increase your dps you have to use cooldowns (including trinkets) when the hands spawn. If you time it right, you will always have defile, pillars etc. ready for the hands. However, as I saw that your raid has fairly high dps and a lot good AOEers, you might be actually better at simply contributing to single target dps and not focusing heavily on hands...but still timing your cooldowns there.

On Hellfire Council, stars must align to get a good rating here and with your gear it is unlikely to happen. You must get hit by the Fel Rage and also be in a position to spread diseases quickly to mirrors once they spawn (I saw some logs where with UB+NP combo they had done this, while also the third boss with NP at all times.

On Killrogg, you have to get to the vision of void and get 20 stacks. Even with that you might not be too high on the ranking with your gear on Mythic.

On Gorefiend, you need to be assigned to Souls full time to get best out of your DPS it seems. If you are not on a fulltime role on those your dps is likely to be a lot lower.

Also, looked at your best on Fel Lord Zakuun on Heroic. You had a bad trinket there. You missed Soul Reapers. You don't have many crits with Obliterates and therefore a very low uptime for the buff. Also, the crit percentage on your Frost Strikes should be higher. On a fairly similar gear level (717), I did a tad under 77k and did not have a perfect run either.

I would recommend looking at the logs and see how people at the top pull their dps. Most importantly, what talents, glyphs and trinkets they are using. When are they using the DPS cooldowns etc. Apart from that I believe it will be down to gear.

Edited by Jexter

Best hc Zakuun I had fairly bad 4pc rng from the looks of it. I probably need to work on my RP pooling a bit to help me with that too though.

I'm kinda lost with Oblizeration. I know the main site guide says to actively try and keep it up, but from the parses it doesn't look like people are doing that. Should I use more KMs on keeping the buff up then?

Soul reaper is my enemy number one, I'll admit that. I haven't raided that much on my DK compared to what I did in wotlk, so I still sometimes forget about the ability. Even with rotation helpers... Still forgetting couple casts should not make my dps unacceptable.

On Krormok we start with the dragging hands pool first so all the hands die in matter of seconds. I try to have as many death runes up as possible for that and often my last HBs will be used only on 2-3 targets.

Edited by h4rr0d

Best hc Zakuun I had fairly bad 4pc rng from the looks of it. I probably need to work on my RP pooling a bit to help me with that too though.

I'm kinda lost with Oblizeration. I know the main site guide says to actively try and keep it up, but from the parses it doesn't look like people are doing that. Should I use more KMs on keeping the buff up then?

Soul reaper is my enemy number one, I'll admit that. I haven't raided that much on my DK compared to what I did in wotlk, so I still sometimes forget about the ability. Even with rotation helpers... Still forgetting couple casts should not make my dps unacceptable.

On Krormok we start with the dragging hands pool first so all the hands die in matter of seconds. I try to have as many death runes up as possible for that and often my last HBs will be used only on 2-3 targets.

When you get a good KM run, which usually happens quite a  few times per fight, I use Obliterate when ever I can't FS and have runes for it or can use PL / BT to get runes. This usually gives you a good uptime also on the tier buff.

When you get a good KM run, which usually happens quite a  few times per fight, I use Obliterate when ever I can't FS and have runes for it or can use PL / BT to get runes. This usually gives you a good uptime also on the tier buff.

On Kormrok, I place the defile slightly earlier before the hands on the spot where we stack and have 10+ stacks on BT and runes ready, I also use Pillars before they spawn and a trinket, if using vial.