FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Hearthsone Legendary Warrior Control TGT

Guest CptDestiny

Hey Guys, it seems to be a wonderfull deck to me if it comes to lategame, but honestly, 80% of games I just got rush pwned easly until I've even play any legend card out there...

can anybody help me here, since only rush-aggrodin / mechrush and facehunters on the road ....? Cant climb the latter..

You have plenty of tools to stop early aggro, you just need to try really hard to secure your War Axe and Armorsmith, against Aggro you need to mulligan your whole hand to get one or both.

Guest CptDestiny

Yes nothing new to me... but chance to not get any of these pretty high... and I see only few tools against rushdecks.. so if you dont have any axe, your done, which happens prettey often to me

I believe the chance of hitting 1 of 4 cards before turn 2 if you full mulligan for them are between 35-45% depending on whether you have coin or not. Add into that other cards that can help you survive like Taskmaster, Shield Slam etc, and you get some sort of reasonable draw more than 50% of the time against Aggro. The deck is more about stabilising late than it is surviving early though, and you have a LOT of tools for doing that.

i want to make this deck since my dragon priest gets owned by it so much.  i have 3200 dust, so who do i craft for this deck between wrynn, justicar, and grommash? and what do i replace the uncrafted one with?

I like this deck very much, but I am having a huge problem dealing with 100% aggro decks. 

I did some changes, I'm playing 2x shieldmaiden and 1xbash, but I think I need more early taunts and removals.

What about unstable ghoul or deathlord?

Unstable Ghoul, Whirlwind, second Brawl, Senjin are all good additional tech cards if you want to hard farm Aggro decks.

Guest Madgambler

I would put geddon instead of varian or justicar. what do u think?

I substituted an extra Shieldmaiden for Justicar, Loatheb for Sylvanas and Gorehowl, Nefarian and Ragnaros for Boom, Alex and Ysera. Do you think the deck is still competitive after these adjustments?

• Like 1

The only really suspect change there is cutting Alex, that will make your life difficult for sure, but it can certainly still work.

• Like 1

Hello, i made this deck but with some changes, so im wondering if they're ok. 

-1 Whirlwind, +1 Revenge 

-1 Varian Wrynn, +1 Nefarian

-1 Justicar Trueheart, +1 Shieldmaiden

Thanks!

By the way, I have a few more questions:

-What card do I take out to tech in a second Revenge?

-How am I supposed to use Armorsmith? Do I hold it until I get a whirlwind effect or is it a proactive turn 2 play?

-Cruel Taskmaster is also hard for me to use. I know it's an activator for Grommash, but sometimes in the early game Taskmaster sucks at removal too so it just sits dead in my hand.

-Is turn 2 casting fiery war axe on an empty board correct or is it more correct to armor up? Also, when is hitting face with weapon the correct play?

-Is Shieldmaiden really the card to take out for second Brawl?

Thanks for the help!

Hello, i made this deck but with some changes, so im wondering if they're ok. 

-1 Whirlwind, +1 Revenge 

-1 Varian Wrynn, +1 Nefarian

-1 Justicar Trueheart, +1 Shieldmaiden

Thanks!

I don't like Revenge that much, the other changes are fine.

Armorsmith can just be played out on 2 in most matchups. Equipping Fiery War Axe is usually better than armouring up on turn 2, unless you have Death's Bite to come soon after and don't think you'll get use out of the charges. Hitting face with a Weapon is almost never correct in this deck unless you're setting up lethal. Taskmaster has a ton of uses, Execute activator, Proc to draw a card on your Acolyte, used to buff one of your own minions to make a nice trade, or just to clear a 1 Health minion, you should be finding decent for it most of the time.

Guest Ale

i want to add a second brawl, should i replace it for whirlwind or a shield maiden?

actually am using the old control warrior deck its working pretty good btw, and wanted to add justicar, what should i change it for? maybe a shield maiden or another legendary?

Guest Kappachino

should i  craft justicar or ysera? i have everything else!

Guest Wan Yao

Hey Guys, it seems to be a wonderfull deck to me if it comes to lategame, but honestly, 80% of games I just got rush pwned easly until I've even play any legend card out there...

can anybody help me here, since only rush-aggrodin / mechrush and facehunters on the road ....? Cant climb the latter..

It's not you. This deck is too slow for a hyper-aggressive mega and runs a number of questionable cards, to boot. Following is a list of cards to swap out, in order of priority. 

First of all, Varian is just bad in control warrior. Cut him with prejudice and never look back. The next card to ditch is Thaurissan -- again, an inappropriate card in control warrior. Replace these with a second Shieldmaiden and a tech card, usually Geddon, Harrison, Loatheb or a second Brawl. Finally, I consider Ysera to be too slow and generally unnecessary to win. You ought to swap her one of the cards I just mentioned. 

And if you find the deck is still too slow after all that, ditch one of Sylvanas or Trueheart. 4 6-drops is a lot... But you don't want to lower the curve too much: the late parade of giant monsters is how you win with control warrior...

Control Warrior struggling against Aggro is not really a thing...

I strongly disagree with all of the above changes, it's pushing the deck more towards a fatigue style of Control Warrior and even then not really going all the way there. The fatigue version is something i'm working on uploading this week, so you might find that a little more appropriate, since it plays even more armour gain and removal, but honestly, this deck is favoured against almost every Aggro deck.

Guest jeb

Sottle, any tips against midrange hunter. Is this deck favored against midrange hunter?

Lost 3 consecutive games around rank 8 as he started dropping 2xHighmane and Boom in turns 6,7 and 8 and finishing me off with kill command + hero power in turn 9. 

Maybe I am unlucky not to draw enough removal. Even trading their minions like shredder/misha with my weapon is costing lot of health.

hey sottle, i got some questions :

- is bash a good replacement for shield slam? i'm using bash instead of shield slam for a long time but i have my doubts.

- is loatheb a good replacement for alex? if not, what card should i use ?

- i also replaced whirlwind with ironbeak owl, its that okay ?

Keep the good work ! :)

Sottle, any tips against midrange hunter. Is this deck favored against midrange hunter?

Lost 3 consecutive games around rank 8 as he started dropping 2xHighmane and Boom in turns 6,7 and 8 and finishing me off with kill command + hero power in turn 9. 

Maybe I am unlucky not to draw enough removal. Even trading their minions like shredder/misha with my weapon is costing lot of health.

Midrange Hunter is strong against Control Warrior yes, as you say they play a lot of sticky Deathrattle minions that are a pain in the ass to remove and hit like a truck.

hey sottle, i got some questions :

- is bash a good replacement for shield slam? i'm using bash instead of shield slam for a long time but i have my doubts.

- is loatheb a good replacement for alex? if not, what card should i use ?

- i also replaced whirlwind with ironbeak owl, its that okay ?

Keep the good work ! smile.png

If you have Shield Slam, you should use Shield Slam, if you don't, then Bash is ok as a sub.

Alex is really really key to this deck, but if you don't have it, Loatheb is not a terrible replacement.

Owl for WW is fine.

Sign in to follow this