FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Secret Paladin Wild

Guest Guest

Hey Sottle!I have question I don't have boom or tirion what are some valid replacements also the coghammer?

I have to say that 4 secrets to 2 challengers are just useless, you draw your secrets in the early game and than you have two expensive 6 drop minions for nothing but the body. I've tried several secret decks and you really need more secrets to make the deck viable. 

Sure. Have you even tried this version of the deck yet?

I lost maybe 5 or 6 games so far playing it, and I faced many of the so called "bad match ups" like FH and freeze mage.

Guest Guest

I don't know why but I'm having a below 40% winrate with this deck and I'm not doing anything wrong(stuck at rank 12)... Neverlucky BabyRage

People often misunderstand why there is two of something in a deck. Having two MC's is not so that you can pull 4 secrets for each time you drop MC.

The reason there are two MC's and only 4 secrets is because:

1) Two MC's means there's a better chance of drawing one before you draw the 4 secrets.

2) With only 4 secrets there is a fewer chance of drawing a secret when you don't want to.

3) Fewer secrets mean more slots available to include better cards like Aldor Peacekeeper and owl which help against mirror matches and other encounters.

4) The strategy is to end the game before you draw the second MC but should you draw it, you would only play it after turn 6 if you do not have Dr boom on turn 7 and Tirion on turn 8. If you don't have those 7 and 8 drops to finish off your opponent then dropping MC with no secrets is still a 6/6 body that isn't BGH-able.

• Like 1

Hello everybody,

I must ask you something. Why are there 2x Mysterious Challengers when there are 1x Avange, 1x Repentance, 1x Redemption and 1x Noble Sacrifice, I think against aggressive decks like mech mage and face hunter is this deck weaker, can I instead of 1 mysterious challenger add 1 Lay On Hands?

Hello everybody,

I must ask you something. Why are there 2x Mysterious Challengers when there are 1x Avange, 1x Repentance, 1x Redemption and 1x Noble Sacrifice, I think against aggressive decks like mech mage and face hunter is this deck weaker, can I instead of 1 mysterious challenger add 1 Lay On Hands?

Substituting a Lay on Hands for MC is not the solution to combat aggro decks. Lay on Hands is good in control decks to outlast your opponent and draw into options in the late game. It won't help you against aggro in a secrets pally deck.

Taking out an Aldor Peacekeeper for a Mind Control Tech would be a more suitable option. This helps you against flood decks on turn 3 while not changing the deck strategy. This substitution also doesn't change your mana curve. It will weaken your ability to have answers to threats such as giants but that doesn't matter because you want to tech against tempo and aggro decks; you can't have it all.

Taking out one MC means the deck is no longer a secret pally deck.

Strong decks have a focus and strategy. Decks that try to tech up too much or do a bit of everything don't excel at anything and become too draw dependent.

• Like 1

The Zombie Chow deck is a different deck, this build is still trying to be aggressive, and is trying to get value out of cards like Redemption, Competitive Spirit and Avenge when they happen to draw them. Argent Squire being a sticky minion is helpful for all of those cards.

As I mentioned though, the Secret Deck with Zombie Chows instead is also available on the site.

• Like 1

I keep losing to control warrior what am I doing wrong?

Maybe you trade too much? Control Warrior usually sits there and hopes you trade. Maybe you overextend before turn 5. Maybe you throw the bad minions in. It is hard to tell without any replay.

I keep losing to control warrior what am I doing wrong?

Yeah hard to answer specifically, but overcommitting to Brawl is usually the biggest mistake.

Should I go for the new adventure, for the secret in the first wing i forgot the name??? and which card to replace in the deck? 

btw, I replaced the loather, with divine favor... i needed card draw  in a lot games..

Edited by Mayson

Should I go for the new adventure, for the secret in the first wing i forgot the name??? and which card to replace in the deck? 

btw, I replaced the loather, with divine favor... i needed card draw  in a lot games..

The new Adventure doesn't seem crucial for deckbuilding. Getting other adventures first seems bit better. Also, get some core cards for your main classes first. Once you have a decent collection, I would go for the Adventure.

• Like 1

Guest Strumfex

thanks for the work , the deck rocks. You can hit a rank between 10 and 5( depends on your skill and luck tongue.png  )  with no sweat with the deck in one day , easily.

The new Adventure doesn't seem crucial for deckbuilding. Getting other adventures first seems bit better. Also, get some core cards for your main classes first. Once you have a decent collection, I would go for the Adventure.

I have full naxx, and first 2 wings black m. ...  4800 dust.... and tirion, dr boom...

Edited by Mayson

Guest Izanagi25

Hello Sottle.

About the Secret Anti Agro midrange paladin, what do you think I can do to help out on matches against other paladins? I'm losing almost all matches against them. 

Thanks in advance.

I have full naxx, and first 2 wings black m. ...  4800 dust.... and tirion, dr boom...

If you don't have anything else to do, buying BrM and LoE is a good investment.

Hello Sottle.

About the Secret Anti Agro midrange paladin, what do you think I can do to help out on matches against other paladins? I'm losing almost all matches against them. 

Thanks in advance.

Mirror matchups usually are usually won by the player with higher skill and better luck. This is an anti-aggro Paladin, that means you should be able to defeat the Aggro Secret. Playing against Midrange Pally is tougher. Every decision matters. For example, you should be prepared for turn 8 Tirion by playing a hero power token to break the shield or by having an owl to silence him. If you would upload a replay of such a match, it would help a lot.

Guest Void

I am losing quite a lot with Oil Rogue (considering the deck i'm using is Season 20 oil Rogue with Kobold instead of Thalnos). I don't have access to Avenge (don't know in what wing is when i can get it?) and don't have Dr. Boom, but i do have Tirion.

Is ok to replace Boom with Ragnaros? And Avenge, with wich one? Or it'd get too weak?

I am losing quite a lot with Oil Rogue (considering the deck i'm using is Season 20 oil Rogue with Kobold instead of Thalnos). I don't have access to Avenge (don't know in what wing is when i can get it?) and don't have Dr. Boom, but i do have Tirion.

Is ok to replace Boom with Ragnaros? And Avenge, with wich one? Or it'd get too weak?

I can't really understand you. You write that you use Oil rogue, but then you write about Avenge and Tirion.

Yes, using Ragnaros instead of Boom is acceptable, but Boom is better. Avenge is really strong secret (the strongest one in my opinion) and I would not play the deck if I didn't have it. Nonetheless, you can try swapping it for secrets, Consecration, Truesilver or maybe even a Murloc Knight.

Guest izanagi25

Hello. 

What do you think about swapping the Blessing of Kings for Keepers of Uldaman?

Guest Valkyrie

So, I really struggle with this deck vs most meta mage decks, I cant beat specifically, Mech Mage, tempo mage or Freeze, any advice on a few card switches?

Mages in general are just pretty effective against this deck. You can try to include a Kezan Mystic to punish their Mirror Entities and Ice Blocks, but it will be very weak in other matchups, so I suggest you leave it as is. No deck will always be perfect against the field, you have to accept a bad matchup or two will happen.