Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

Heroes of the Storm Raynor

14 posts in this topic

I enjoyed reading your guide, thanks for taking the time to write it. However, I think you're seriously undervaluing the "Double-Barreled" and "Bullseye" talents (at levels 13 and 16 respectively). Double-Barreled by itself isn't worth much, but combined with the 1.5 second stun that Bullseye adds ends up giving Raynor a respectable amount of CC.

In particular, the situation that comes to mind is when you're not comfortable enough to take Seasoned Marksman over Give Me More. In a game where you're already giving up (IMO) the best auto attack talent, you lose a lot of incentive to continue picking talents that synergize with autos. And presumably, if you're starting out with Give Me More you probably expect to be under quite a bit of pressure, in which having 2 charges of 1.5 second stun can help out quite a bit.

While DoubleBarreled/Bullseye are generally picked defensively, you definitely can't overlook their offensive capabilities. I mean, you have 3 seconds of chain stun for gods sake. 

I agree that the full auto attack build is probably "better", certainly it has better synergy with Raynor's trait. I'm only a 3k mmr scrublord, but in my ~150 games with Raynor I find myself using DoubleBarreled/Bullseye probably 1/3 of the time with good success. 

First off your build is quite nice, I use that same one especially with moral or abb on the team. Though I have been finding a usefulness out of a different build recently. It's more of a stun lock build and makes you extremely dangerous in really any situation. As we know raynor of course is AA char, though his penetratin round has a lot of promise. If you take seasoned marksmen, confident aim, revolution is great of course, but I have also found usefulness with puttin on a clinic, then raiders, double barrel which is necessary with confident aim at lvl 4, then Bullseye here is where this build starts to shine. A 1.5 sec stun on a char with who does not have one plus PR's range at 2 charges you can pop off a PR, inspire, AA until stun is off then PR again each successful hit reduces PR by 4 seconds so with -8 sec on a 12 sec cd I can get off 3 PR's for a total of 4.5 sec stun before anyone can do anything. From their either nexus frenzy or dusk wings I prefer nexus as I chop opponents health down closing the gap for PR. Now f u happen to be in a lane fightin with minions ur cd is for Abilities is shorter from clinic at 7. I have found it effective vs pretty much everyone so far especially buthchers. I just laugh as I stun lock someone from full health to none. Though it's harder to kill tanks this works great for ambushes. Your damage does suffer but the advantage your team gains by being able to lock a single target down in tf's is great.

Bullseye from level 16 should be changed to recommended. It gives a 1.5 seconds stun which is huge, allowing ur allies to chain cc on a target , also raynor's Q is instant making the stun instant as well. I kill other assassins that jump on me with a Q and 3-4 autos, the stun allows no retaliation.

Berserker is really overkill imo, u have to stay still while using it because the attack speed is really high and if u shutter step u lose 2-3 autos.

I always have a hard time against Nova, especially in the later part of the game where she get more power spike. A well aimed combo will instantly vaporize Raynor, making his self-heal officially useless. So when I'm up against Nova I take Fight or Flight, purely for the damage reduction, it guarantee that she won't be able to burst me down within 1 sequence. I wanna know your thoughts about this issue?

I know giving up movespeed from Revolution Overdrive for the sake of survival is kinda sad, but Raynor's playstyle encourages staying in as far in the backline as possible, but Nova also tends to aim for the backline too, it's hard not to be in her shooting range. Raynor's Q is also not good to de-cloak, unlike Valla's Multishot, hence it's very dependent on teammate to protect him from Nova.

So I'm looking for opinions and/or solution for my dilemma :(.

Posted (edited)

I know giving up movespeed from Revolution Overdrive for the sake of survival is kinda sad, but Raynor's playstyle encourages staying in as far in the backline as possible, but Nova also tends to aim for the backline too, it's hard not to be in her shooting range. Raynor's Q is also not good to de-cloak, unlike Valla's Multishot, hence it's very dependent on teammate to protect him from Nova.

So I'm looking for opinions and/or solution for my dilemma sad.png.

Well its pretty simple, you must take deffensive build " Give me More ", " Vampiric Assault " and " Banshee". First will help you to live through here opening, second will help you survive in almost any fight long enough to kill her. Once you found the right one Nova, simply "Banshee" her, that wont allow her to cloak (unless she will take talent for that), while not invisible she will got 2 options run away, or try to kill you which will fail.

Edited by Dantalian

What do you think about 'putting on a clinic' (level 7 reduce cooldown) combined with hyperion? dropping your heroic ability every 60 seconds or so seems huge to me.

A lower cooldown on Hyperion is certainly useful, however, even a reduced CD on Hyperion does not make up for the loss of mobility Raynor would have to suffer from without Revolution Overdrive. 

Raynor has virtually no mobility at all. Taking away the only chance of ever escaping enemy Warriors or melee Assassins is very dangerous. Also, most of Raynor's damage comes from being able to stutter-step and use Basic Attacks, not from Hyperion. 

Still, if you achieve great results with Puttin' on a Clinic, feel free to continue to use it. :)

Thank you for sharing your idea, Weleroth! 

I'd really say that Raynor's double-barrel trait is more useful than stated here, especially combined with Bullseye later on. This gives him 2 stuns, and if you're fighting naturally fast enemies like Lunara, even the Slow from Hamstring shot can be useful (and benefits from double barrel) as now you have a stun, with a slow, times two... making up for Raynor's lack of an E.

On 11/3/2016 at 0:09 AM, Guest Dreadp1r4te said:

I'd really say that Raynor's double-barrel trait is more useful than stated here, especially combined with Bullseye later on. This gives him 2 stuns, and if you're fighting naturally fast enemies like Lunara, even the Slow from Hamstring shot can be useful (and benefits from double barrel) as now you have a stun, with a slow, times two... making up for Raynor's lack of an E.

Will tag @KendricSwissh and let him answer, since I don't play enough Raynor to help properly.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0