FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Letholdrus

How do you guys handle the rares in Tanaan as a mage?

These mobs are extremely difficult to solo as a mage.

What do you guys do to be able to solo them? For now my mage is used only in raid and dungeons as there is somebody to tank so I can deal out the damage.

ilvl 680 Frost Mage can solo the lower health rares before they can get into melee range.

You can have Barracks assigned Bodyguard follower to either tank, or deal damage while you kite rares with more health.

Edited by Archimage

It depends from mob to mob to be honest - as a general rule I only try to take on the mêlée ones on my own (I think most of them are mêlée type anyhow?) .  If you have artillery strike use that before you engage as does quite a bit of damage - you have three so also try to use it if your mob is not moving at any time in the fight - I tend to drop my mirrors then move away to max range which tends to hold the mob still enough for a second and third artillery strike.  If you have a body guard try and use a tank type one but in all honesty I usually find I end up pulling the mob with higher threat!  The real key is to learn to kite mobs - ice flows really helps here as does a Glyph of Momentum/Glyph of Rapid Displacement combination.