Proudest Achievement

46 replies to this topic Started by Peelyon, Jun 04 2012 11:53 AM achievement
- - - - -
  • Please log in to reply

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:53 AM

Peelyon
  • Peelyon
  • LocationEngland
Another WoW forum classic is your proudest achievement.

For me I think it has to be

50 Exalted Reputations

It reminds me of some of the horrible grinds I've completed and some of the more enjoyable reputations in the game. Becoming exalted with a faction is an achievement in itself and although for the majority its just a matter of time played it still feels great knowing I'm loved by the majority of Azeroth (well NPC's anyway!)

So what is yours? Is it a particular raid achievement that you completed just before a nerf? An old Feat of Strength that is no longer obtainable?

As always, over to you!

@peterlyon85 peelyon#2117

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:53 PM

Zagam
  • Zagam
  • Sha of Fel Magic
  • LocationMorgantown, WV
I'd say Heroic Madness. For the first time in my short raiding career, I was part of a team ahead of the curve in terms of progression. We got it at the 10% nerf being the 2nd 10 man guild on a VERY large server (30k+ players), so it filled me with a sense of accomplishment. That raid team fell apart due to the monotony of clearing heroic Dragon Soul in 90 minutes, so I put together my own guild and am in the process of teaching others all of the fights and helping them get their Savior title. The Madness kill was the biggest Blizzard signaled achievement, but removing myself from just a DPS role into a guild leading and raid leading role has been far more rewarding. Remember, your gaming experience is not monitored by the number of purples you have but by the friendships you acquire over your time of playing.

Raid Leader of <Semi Respectable> - US-Mal'Ganis, 14/14H

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/icyveinszagam

Gear, Parses, and Achievements - WoW-Heroes Profile & Rankings

Log Analysis Sign-ups here!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

LCSscallywag
  • LCSscallywag
  • Knight
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM
Celestial Defender. My first and only Server First title for Algalon.

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:26 PM

Peelyon
  • Peelyon
  • LocationEngland
There is always a greater sense of achievement when you're leading the group. The progression feels a lot more personal, especially if you are playing with a group that you have developed and helped to improve yourself! Its a great thing starting a new guild and teaching players who maybe havent raided much before. Much needed in a long standing game like WoW so good on ya! Progression is a personal thing as well. Im currently helping a guild raid in Bastion of Twilight who has never raided before and its still a challenge for those guys.

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:23 PM

LCSscallywag
  • LCSscallywag
  • Knight
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

There is always a greater sense of achievement when you're leading the group.

Agreed, my raid team spent Firelands floundering about making very little progress in HM but after our lead stepped down I stepped in and brought on a co-raidlead and we've been tearing into HM DS. 6/8 currently and are so close to downing Spine that I can taste it.

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:46 PM

Alierya
  • Alierya
  • Immortal
  • LocationScotland

Agreed, my raid team spent Firelands floundering about making very little progress in HM but after our lead stepped down I stepped in and brought on a co-raidlead and we've been tearing into HM DS. 6/8 currently and are so close to downing Spine that I can taste it.

There is nothing quite like taking over RL and getting better progress than your predecessors... Plus getting (decent) HC progression makes a difference too.

Though I would say my proudest achievement must be getting lich king about half an hour before the nerf... with aspect on. Ahem.

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

Nyxxiana
  • Nyxxiana
  • Footman
  • LocationSilver Hand ....or Virginia, take your pick :)
....its the one i dont have yet.....im only 3 pets away from 100!!! Im thinking im going to be able to have that by tonight by just scouring the auction hall for great deals on some of the rarer pets that i havent been willing to shell out 7k for :) But i WILL have them! Im too impatient with too much gold burning a hole in my leather pants! hehehe! Other than {Petting Zoo} my proudest was 20 exalted reps..... WOW i cant wait to reach yours of 50, Peelon, that seems soooo out of reach, congratulations! Quite an accomplishment!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:58 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France
I like questing and lore stuff, so my proudest achievement would have to be Loremaster. Just that since we started Icy Veins, I never managed to complete the last few quests I need in Blade's Edge Mountains and Netherstorm.

Join us on IRC! | server: irc.quakenet.org | port: 6667 | channel: #icy-veins

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:14 AM

HardBeatZ
  • HardBeatZ
  • Sergeant
  • LocationOrlando, Florida
I've been thinking about this for quite a while and honestly do not know what my proudest achievement in game is. I enjoy getting all the various achievements and working towards them, however nothing really sticks out to me.

I guess if I had to pick one then it would be
Glory of the Firelands Raider

Catacylsm was when I really got serious about raiding and it was the first raid I made the most progression on while the content was relevant. I guess with that I can throw in Heroic Nefarian as well, although that happened after Firelands was around.
Raid Leader - The Shadow Proclamation - Emerald Dream
http://us.battle.net...Squäll/advanced
http://the-shadow-pr...n.wowstead.com/

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:04 PM

meukow
  • meukow
  • Knight
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
Definitely Three's Company: 2700.

People 'mire it. Except Glads, they don't :( Posted Image

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:35 PM

Vladamyr
  • Vladamyr
  • Kind of a Big Deal
From Hell's Heart I Stab at Thee I solo'd this on 01/25/11 on my fire mage. 3 tries and 45 minutes approximately to succeed on the last try. Had to maintain perfect range and no kiting mistakes in that time frame.

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:48 AM

Skullflower
  • Skullflower
  • Vagrant
  • LocationCollege Station, Texas
World Explorer This has to be my best one. It's so special to me :)

Posted Image

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:50 AM

Sanketsd
  • Sanketsd
  • Peasant
  • LocationIndia

World Explorer

This has to be my best one.
It's so special to me :)

even i loved that achi ! But its not that difficult , you can go for other thing if you want to perform the #FEATSofstrenght !

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:13 AM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France

From Hell's Heart I Stab at Thee

I solo'd this on 01/25/11 on my fire mage. 3 tries and 45 minutes approximately to succeed on the last try. Had to maintain perfect range and no kiting mistakes in that time frame.

:bow:

Join us on IRC! | server: irc.quakenet.org | port: 6667 | channel: #icy-veins

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

Nyxxiana
  • Nyxxiana
  • Footman
  • LocationSilver Hand ....or Virginia, take your pick :)

even i loved that achi ! But its not that difficult , you can go for other thing if you want to perform the #FEATSofstrenght !

I disagree, even though its not something that requires things like raiding per se, it takes a lot of time, and its definatley something not everyone has.... i still havent finished mine. Way to go Skullflower! Im energized now to finish mine, and its definatly something to be proud of :) ANY acheivement that someone is proud of , wether its considered difficult by others or not, is still an acheivement for a reason :) and something to be proud of :) <3

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:46 AM

Alierya
  • Alierya
  • Immortal
  • LocationScotland
Aye it's that getting to the stupid land of Drainii that is the killer I say! Always end up sailing about on the wrong friggin boat for ages... Ended up doing it at the same time as the fire festival one, two birds, one stone and all that... Got to love detterance... and guild repairs!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:03 AM

Peelyon
  • Peelyon
  • LocationEngland

Aye it's that getting to the stupid land of Drainii that is the killer I say! Always end up sailing about on the wrong friggin boat for ages... Ended up doing it at the same time as the fire festival one, two birds, one stone and all that... Got to love detterance... and guild repairs!

Typical hordey getting lost in the land of the man cows!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:39 AM

Neridae
  • Neridae
  • Sergeant
  • LocationWest Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Getting the 40 man Onyxia's Lair achievement late in 2010 when the ability to actually do that particular raid and therefore obtain that particular achievement had been removed in 2009 :D

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:20 AM

Jazmeena
  • Jazmeena
  • Peasant
Mine so far is The Loremaster And not The Loremaster now where you are told how many quests are where. I'm talking the one before Cata!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:12 PM

focii
  • focii
  • Vagrant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
Leeeeeeeeeeeeeroy. Duh! http://www.wowhead.c...eeeeeeeeeeeeroy

Active Users

0 user(s) are browsing this forum 0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users