FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Thrailas

Sacred Shield vs Eternal Flame on Holy

l'm a long time holy paladin who rerolled MW a while back because it's impossible for me to learn to play EF. It's a thing of mine, l can't:) So l stuck to SS as much as possible until l just gave up and rerolled.

Anyway, was wondering what's the status of this these days? Is SS still usable or is it strictly EF people are voting for?

l'm a long time holy paladin who rerolled MW a while back because it's impossible for me to learn to play EF. It's a thing of mine, l can't:) So l stuck to SS as much as possible until l just gave up and rerolled.

Anyway, was wondering what's the status of this these days? Is SS still usable or is it strictly EF people are voting for?

EF is a direct heal plus hot while SS plus Word of Glory would trigger two GCDs where you could get away with just the one.  WOG also doesn't bring a hot with it.  Really, if you go SS, you should use your holy power mostly on light of dawn rather than WOGs as the mana to heal will be more efficient but then you need 6 people to recieve your light of dawn to make it worthwhile from a mana suck (over holy radiance).  Thus, SS is difficult to use exclusively.  You have to keep it up on two targets, probably your tanks, and use your holy power on light of dawn where you really need to stand amidst 6 people to make it worth your while.  With the last 4 piece tier set, there was a nice EF triggers free Light of Dawn and Light of Dawn triggers free EFs and so yes, most of us were using EF exclusively. The current tier doesn't have that same thing but I haven't seen folks swapping back to SS and WOG. For myself, a single heal that uses holy power for a heal plus hot is awfully nice to have.

If you wish to give EF another go, I might suggest:

Get 'tellmewhen' and configure it for buff, eternal flame, show timer and then put in the name of your tanks. 

Build up 5 holy power, EF the maintank/holy shock, that should get you back to 3 and then EF the off tank.  Do this every 30 seconds and if you miss a tick or two building up your 5 holy power, no biggie.  The tanks tend to take constant damage and the beacon will help buff both. 

Good luck!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Casdon
      [US] Stormreaver — Skunkworks
      Tuesdays & Thursdays: 7:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M. (pst) || 9-1 (cst) || 10-2 (est)

Progression
      10/11M Antorus
      9/9M ToS
      10/10M Nighthold
      3/3M Trial of Valor
      7/7M Emerald Nightmare

Website
      skunkworksguild.com

About Us
      Skunkworks is a guild for players who can not or do not want to commit to the time-intensive raid schedules of traditional "hardcore" guilds.
      However, we still maintain a high caliber player environment and make an efficient use of our raiding time.
      We raid Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:00 - 11:00 PST, just 8 hours a week and never more.

We are very protective of our guild environment and selective in recruitment. We are looking for solid players mechanically as well as intellectually.
      We all get paid to deal with idiots, why should we pay to spend our leisure time with them as well?

Skunkworks has been around for multiple expansions and has historically always been at the top of the 2-night raiding guild scene.

Past Raiding Achievements

#US 199 Mythic KJ #US 186 Mythic Archimonde #131 US Heroic Garrosh #68 US Heroic Ra-den #77 US Heroic Lei Shen #86 US Heroic Sha of Fear #106 US Heroic Madness of Deathwing #99 US Heroic Ragnaros #147 US Sinestra #91 US Heroic The Twilight Destroyer (Halion) #71 US Heroic Fall of the Lich King #247 US Tribute to Insanity #160 US Alone in the Darkness Current Guild Needs
      Amazing Range DPS ---Exceptional Candidates always considered regardless of recruiting needs.

How to Apply
      Apply with Google Forms
      https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeL-LW1-7rRK28Z3Nswg4xD3-jjQWrIsCh77rYOdxKwY0oPPQ/viewform.
      All applications are kept private.
      Please include at least the following.
          Prominent links to relevant armory pages ]A guild history with reasons for departure
          The reason(s) you have chosen to apply to this guild
          Warcraft Logs
          UI screenshots or fraps/Stream footage

Contact Information
      Shadaka (GM)
      Real ID:Shadak#1881

Aerivore (Recruitment Officers)
      Real ID:  Aerivore#1581

Sovm
      Real ID: Sov#1192
    • By Papawoot
      The Bloodborn is currently a Heroic raiding guild that is trying to break into Mythic progression raiding. We have a talented core and are very enthusiastic about raiding, but unfortunately we lack the numbers to attempt Mythic. We are a mostly adult guild ages 25-35 and would prefer like-aged people.

A little history: The Bloodborn is a guild that has been around since The Burning Crusade. We started on the Lethon server and transferred to Illidan at the start of Warlords in an effort to find more players on a high-pop server.

We have earned AoTC during every raid tier this expansion (and before!). We are a close-knit guild who help boost keys weekly, PvP, achievement hunt, and much more.

We are willing to help people gear up for their tier. Voice is optional, but we use Discord and will require you at a minimum to listen.

Guild Needs:
      DPS (Death Knight, Shadow Priest) are in high demand.
      Healers (Priest, Paladin, Shaman) are in high demand. 
      Accepting applications from all specs/classes.

Raiding Times:
      Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday 9:30pm-12:30am(pst) 11:30pm-2:30am(server-time)

Contact Info:
      Battle Tag-Vengente#11907 (Guild Leader)
      Battle Tag-Berd#11168 (Guild Officer)
      Battle Tag-Khrispy#1471 (Guild Officer)
      Battle Tag-Papawoot#1446 (Veteran Raider)
      Discord Contact-Papawoot#6518
      Discord: https://discord.gg/Qghrpnh
    • By OzzCat
      Good time, everyone. New set-bonus requires to do some rotation and now i mostly use binding heal + prayer of healing, but in case of running in Antorus - could surge of light from legendary be a good option? And maybe some other talent changes as well.
    • By Brerathiel
      As the title suggests - I think it's time that we discuss our Beacon(s) and their place in the current 'meta'.
      Most of you will probably not agree with me but I feel like there's a very limited impact to beacon currently. When Legion was first announced I was thrilled at the prospect of tanks losing the 'I am a wall of iron....' and becoming more dependent on their healers again. And I say this despite playing a Guardian Druid for most of WoD with raiding Mythic throughout the expansion.
      Once more it was going to be down to your healers to keep you level and you would focus primarily on smoothing out the damage intake while still picking up adds, tank swaps, controlling pace, positioning etc. (the list goes on and on obviously!). Healing yourself was no longer to be your responsibility!
      Currently it feels like we've moved too far away from that again. Now this - of course, being an issue not only for paladins but an overall issue with the current state of tanking.
      But I digress.... The reason why I feel Beacon needs to be reworked slightly is because currently beacon is having a very minor effective healing vs the overhealing it 'provides'. I've heard several arguments for this. Some feel that 'it is free overhealing so why should we care?' but I lean to the side of: What is the point of having a spell, which is undoubtedly one of our core abilities, that have such a low impact?
      I feel like some tuning is in order for it. Maybe rework what it actually does? Tuning overall healing throughput of tanks?
      Rework our mastery to be more interactive with throughput in relation to beacons?
      I can't really offer any substantial solutions to the problem but I still feel that it is, in fact, a problem.
      What are your thoughts on this? Has Blizzard dug themselves into a hole again with the current state of tanking or could a rework of the Beacon sort the issue so that it feels that Holy Paladins are once more the Go-To 'Tank Healer' with a more impactful kit? 
    • By Zabimaru
      I have been trying to switch over to a holy pally to help my guild with progression. In under a week I have been able to get my ilvl up to 891. However, my guild is complaining that I don't have the numbers that the other healers do even though I explain to them I only have 2 aoe heals and one of them is on a 3 min cooldown since I use Aura of Sacrifice. I am using Holy Shock on cooldown, but I don't cast it if everyone is as full health, and since I am near the melee, I focus on the tanks and them, but I will still throw a Flash of Light, unless I get the proc from a Holy Shok crit, to ranged and other healers. I have started using Flash over the regular heal just to get them out faster, I have the legendary cloak so I will weave in Light of the Matyr after using a Light of Dawn since it can crit for over 1 mil, but I don't use it that often since I am using Aura of Sacrifice. I am getting tired of them telling me my numbers are low, but unlike some of the dps that tunnels bosses, I actually do mechanics, and I tend to not die as much as other dps and healers. I have been trying to get as much crit as I can for Holy Shock, but not sure if I should even go that route anymore. Any help on rotation would be much appreciated since I have abandoned my 900 warlock to help my guild with mythic progression, but again, they are only focused on numbers and since I only heal tanks and melee and not everyone all the time, my numbers are lower and they can't seem to understand that.
      Here is my current armory link
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/demon-soul/Zabamaru/simple