FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Giants Mage Wild

Guest Hb

I seem to never pull my moltens even by turn 10-15 sometimes... Dropped 2 ranks today cause of it. When I do pull both moltens I win easy and with style. Should I trade off my entire hand to try and get moltens while sacrificing some early game cards? Or have I just been having a really unlucky streak

No, you should never be mulliganing for Moltens, you're just getting unlucky, but also you should be able to win a decent amount of games without Moltens due the rest of the value of the deck. If you have no Moltens in your hand, look to Echo other things than can keep you alive like Healbot and Belchers.

If you want to play crazy, then swap your sheep or some draw for Feugen and Stalagg.  Wait for the opponent to use its premium removal because they think you're just Echo Giants, then plop down the duo.  You can just feel them saying "What the hell is this nonsense?" as you proceed to make multiple Thaddius tokens.

Guest Carcer

You can actually keep moltens in hand in some aggro match ups. I have been playing a variant of this deck for a while with really good success. I run double frostbolt instead of arcane intellect and second frost giant instead of sylvanas. 

Guest Midnight

This deck is shit in my opinion, Call it unlucky or maybe I'm bad but there are better decks www.teamarchon.com I made this deck and lost 3 ranks against people who were only rank 17-18. Not worth the 4000 dust I wasted making it. 

This deck is shit in my opinion, Call it unlucky or maybe I'm bad but there are better decks www.teamarchon.com I made this deck and lost 3 ranks against people who were only rank 17-18. Not worth the 4000 dust I wasted making it. 

Tell that to Neviilz who regularly sits in top 10 Legend with it I guess.

One of this deck's weaknesses is dealing with Emperor Thaurissan.  I remember Neviilz puzzling over this months ago, but do you perhaps have a good answer? 

I usually feel like the polymorph should be saved for a bigger target in non-Patron match-ups, though I suppose it would be ideal to have giants out before something like Ysera comes out.

I started winning with this deck, but then i got a losing strike of like 15 games, cannot be coincidence. I reach under 10 rank lvl normally with control decks, so I'm not new to the game. This one seems too luck dependent. And try to line up the doomsayer with the frost nova and manage to keep it alive is a challenge. Not very happy w this one, has too many countersit seems.

I started winning with this deck, but then i got a losing strike of like 15 games, cannot be coincidence. I reach under 10 rank lvl normally with control decks, so I'm not new to the game. This one seems too luck dependent. And try to line up the doomsayer with the frost nova and manage to keep it alive is a challenge. Not very happy w this one, has too many countersit seems.

Freeze mage is one of the hardest control decks, if not the hardest. Echo freeze can be seen in legend ranks meaning it can surely get you to legend. As it is one of the hardest decks, you are probably just not playing it optimally. Every single little mistake can lose you the game. 

I agree that a little mistake can cost you. But losing to hunters with outdated decks is not normal. I'm guessing this deck does well at high ranks due the nature of the game when it reaches those levels but not been able to pass rank 19 is absurd. I'll give it more shots but I'm reluctant to see its usefulness. Is there a better option to doomsayer/frost nova? maybe instead of running with 2 of each just keeping 1 pair and adding some other form of control or removal, specially at turn 6.

You could also build a Freeze mage as it is stronger than Echo Mage. They seem to have the opposite match-ups. While Freeze mage is is favoured against aggro decks, it loses to Patron and Control. Echo is favoured against patron while losing to aggro decks. Now with the beginning of the season, everyone plays aggro decks or midrange hunters, making Echo unplayable. 

Yeah I've "compared notes" with friends and all they get is aggro, I started playing this mid to last last season and it was effective. A situational deck it seems. I still feel that double doom+nova is too risky. I trade one pair with 2 frost elementals and got better results against rush.

Guest Seifer974

Hello there,

Can I replace the Frost Giant by a Mountain Giant ? Because I've always a big hand.

No, Mountain Giant never gets cheap enough to activate a big Echo turn, the Frost Giant is only in the deck to help against players that try and push you to fatigue, Frost Giant can hit 0, Mountain Giant never will.

The best you'll ever do with a Mountain Giant is Giant, Echo, Giant - 2 Giants.

Frost Giant, Giant, Echo, Giant, Echo, Giant, Giant - 4 Giants.

Guest Seifer974

No, Mountain Giant never gets cheap enough to activate a big Echo turn, the Frost Giant is only in the deck to help against players that try and push you to fatigue, Frost Giant can hit 0, Mountain Giant never will.

The best you'll ever do with a Mountain Giant is Giant, Echo, Giant - 2 Giants.

Frost Giant, Giant, Echo, Giant, Echo, Giant, Giant - 4 Giants.

Ok, thanks for the reply.

I'm still learning this deck but I've a good win/loss ratio with it.

I've cut a duplicate for an Acolyte of Pain like you said. I've some difficulties to manage 4 secrets for 2 Mad Scientists.

One last question, is it ok to replace a Flamestrike by a Blizzard  for more Doomsayer combo or it's not worth it ?

Thanks.

One mistake I made often when getting used to this deck was being conservative with my Echo of Medivhs.  While getting a bunch of giants is bangarang, spawning endless Sludge Belchers is, I say, the better way to fight aggro decks.

Yeah, this is mentioned in the guide I believe, sometimes making extra Healbots, or Belchers, or Emperors, or BGH's is the way forward.

I wouldn't include Blizzard in this deck, it's just a little clunky for what this deck wants to do.

Guest Guest

Hey Sottle,

I was looking at this deck and I want to try it out. I have everything except for Alex. Is there anything you could recommend for a replacement.

2nd Poly, 2nd Explosive Sheep etc. It's not a card that you can replace directly, so just put another good card in the deck.

Because you only need one, your intention is to Echo it. The card just isn't very good in the deck outside of the Molten Giant situation, you don't want two clogging up the deck.

Guest HeartDefect

Hi, love the deck and have loved freeze mage-like decks since I began playing. Is this deck bad against druid, or am I bad at the match up?

It's...better against Druid than standard Freeze Mage is, but the matchup is still quite tough. You want to focus on trying to Dupe high value midrange minions like Belchers and Emperor and be competitive that way. Trying to last all the way through to the big Molten turn is pretty risky.

hi Sottle,

eh, I made this build month ago (but didn't post it in forums yet), I was surprised to see someone else made it here tongue.png

btw I prefer 2 poly and 1 blizzard (instead of sylvanas and big game hunter) the rest is like my build

(nickname: Chick, eu server)

cheers wink.png