FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kaboozey

New Datamined Meta on 5.2

Sinister Primal Diamond

+324 Crit Rating & Chance on dealing spell damage to gain 30% spell haste for 10 seconds.

________

Rewarded from the Black Prince questline. Obviously since it's datamined, this could end up being a delete-worthy thread. But... depending on length of the ICD, this could be a pretty sick meta for us Affliction 'locks.

Edit: Updated with duration of buff.

Edit 2: Changed Stamina -> Crit Rating

Edited by Kaboozey

i already have more health than a lot of the pug 5 man tanks i encounter. I'd hate to have to embarrass them further.

i already have more health than a lot of the pug 5 man tanks i encounter. I'd hate to have to embarrass them further.

Yeah. I don't get the stam part on the obvious dps metas. Just... why?

Yeah. I don't get the stam part on the obvious dps metas. Just... why?

i figure its because it would have normally been an int + secondary. but we're already loaded with a 500int gem, so more int is overkill. not that i wouldn't mind more, but whatevs

I saw an item somewhere datamined that was ilvl 522 or something...it said it removed all gems and enchants from your sha-touched weapon to greatly power them up...I would presume to 522 or something. That stam meta + bloodlust for 10 seconds seems...awkward. The duration reminds me of the HORRIBLE T12 bonus for Warlocks which was some crummy damage buff for a measly 8 seconds. Unless the ICD on this meta is like 35-45 seconds, it won't be of much value.

10sec of Duration it's just terrible if u cant SB:SS in the right moment.

I'd like a 20sec buff and a minor haste increase.

It's also rather lackluster in that it is asking us to trade in 216 Intellect (approximately 850 DPS) for 324 Stamina (exactly 0 DPS). Forcing Stamina on us is awful. What good is another 3k life when our health pools are already in the 430k range at 496 ilvl?!

The return of warlock tanks like SSC??

No. Nothing like that. Spellcasters other than 'locks will be getting this same gem. (Sadly. I was one of the people that thought it was really cool when I saw the glyph a lot of people thought would make 'locks viable tanks during Pandaria beta)

A 10 second Bloodlust vs 216 Intellect and 3% bonus damage on critical hits...I think our current Meta gem will win this one out in the long haul, especially for non-Affliction specs (Affliction can stretch that bonus a bit further with DoTs). Unless this is a bonus meta slot, I think this is a pretty lackluster legendary option. Shouldn't our "Legendary" reward require no thinking? It should be like "ERMERGERD GIVE ME THAT NOW!"

My guess?

The datamined tool-tip for the Crown of Heaven is wrong. It says that it adds a prismatic socket to a sha-touched weapon. But we already have that. I doubt we'll be adding a 2nd prismatic socket to the sha-touched weapon.

I think the Crown of Heavens is an additional socket we'll add to our helms - meaning we'll have both the regular one and the new legendary one.

Updated to newer information that the +324 stat is supposed to be Critical Strike and not Stam. There is some speculation that this could be a gem that will be an *additional* meta. If this isn't the case, I renege on my previous thoughts: This gem is bad unless the ICD is extremely low. Even with the change, 324 Crit is just barely over .5% and 10 seconds is a fairly small window. Burning Meta will simply be more dependable for consistant output. Or... if given the choice, we'd be better off taking the healing legendary meta which apparently gives 324 INT & chance on casting a helpful spell to make your next spell cost no mana. Value-wise between the healer & dps gems, something is really scwu-wee (Elmer Fudd).

That's what I get for looking at datamined stuff. <sigh>

They originally announced it would be a helm enchant, so the fact it's datamined as a Meta gem doesn't really sit with me. The released stats and proc from each of them sounds like a helm enchant the more you read them. Obviously I can't confirm, but I'm about 85% sure those will be enchants, or as earlier put, an "extra" meta.

I'll have to run some figures once that data is loaded into Simcraft to test the ICD of the 324 Crit + 30% haste for 10 seconds proc versus the 324 Int + no mana cost proc. Crit is pretty powerful for Destruction and Demonology, but not to the point that 324 rating will make the difference. Intellect is still more powerful. Affliction wouldn't benefit from the no mana cost much, but it would be huge for Destruction. Having a non-Backdrafted Incinerate cost no mana would be pretty huge for allowing less Haste and more Mastery/Crit.

Maybe I'm brain-farting, but what "helpful spells" do we cast as part of our rotation as any spec? It's odd that it isn't worded as "healing spell", but I don't think we'd ever get the free cast proc. I just figured that the 324 int would be inherantly better (for Affliction for sure). In the case of Destro, if you're stacking enough crit, Burning would theoretically outperform a static 324 crit + buff. For Demo, it's tight, and I'd have to use a simulator.

Not sure...perhaps a Healthstone would proc it? Maybe Dark Regeneration? Mortal Coil? The passive Soul Leech heals or heals from glyphed Corruption? All too early to tell atm.

Sinister Primal Diamond – 0.84 RealPPM on damage/absorb of harmful or periodic spell. No ICD. - Spell DPS

Courageous Primal Diamond – 1.00 RealPPM on attempting helpful spell. No ICD. - Healing

• Like 1