Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

Hearthstone Fast Discard Warlock Zoo TGT

38 posts in this topic

Great deck. Has worked so far in about my first 15 matches. I believe I won atleast 70% of those. Plus its a fun way to play, especially when you are down about 20 health and get a nice little come back for the victory.

Interesting deck... I noticed no ironbeaks. How do you deal with taunts? What would you swap? I'm also surprised to see a deck with Wrathguard and Fists as a viable ladder deck. Do you think these cards are more valuable than what you substituted them for from a zoo deck prior to TGT? 

I can't get higher than 10 rank with this deck. Is it my fault?

Zoos and other decks with low curve are hard to play optimally. After multiple games with this deck, your performance should improve and so should your winrate. 

1 person likes this

Interesting deck... I noticed no ironbeaks. How do you deal with taunts? What would you swap? I'm also surprised to see a deck with Wrathguard and Fists as a viable ladder deck. Do you think these cards are more valuable than what you substituted them for from a zoo deck prior to TGT? 

This is a very different deck from the pre-TGT Zoo deck that ran the Voidcaller package with the big minions like Malganis. This version is more akin to the early builds of Zoo in that it just tries to be as fast and efficient as possible and overwhelm the opponent on the board every turn. It's a different idea with different matchups.

If I was going to switch out Fist of Jaraxxus for Hellfire, would you advise changing the Wrathguards, too? There would seem to be some negative synergy, but perhaps the Wrathguards are just too good to get rid of.

What is the reason for not using minions like leper gnome or worgen infiltrator instead of argent squire? Since its a rush deck anyway it makes more sense to me to just go all out rush?

Im rank 10 newb so im not critisizing just wondering :-)

Argent Squire is better against Aggro mirrors, since it trades much more effectively, it's NOT a face deck, you need to get the board and then push damage all at once when you have control.

How bout a wrathguard for hellfire instead of fist? since they have negative synergy

That might be a better idea, but I think you'd find yourself light on early pressure quite often. Worth giving it a go though, let me know it works out.

I don't have the flame jugglers, but I found that the haunted creepers increase knife juggler's power against aggro and are overall so great I don't know if the flame jugglers could be better. When I have them I'll try them out, they might make matchups against control better.

That might be a better idea, but I think you'd find yourself light on early pressure quite often. Worth giving it a go though, let me know it works out.

I ended up not using hellfire at all. The fast start of zoo is enough to deal with most enemy floods, and since I usually have several minions on the board it just wasn't working. Knife juggler plus haunted creeper/imp gang boss/nerubian egg/imp-losion and other small minions deals with most things hellfire would be useful for. Regarding your suggested switch for hellfire, I absolutely would not trade fist of jaraxxus for anything, since it's so useful when paired with soulfire or doomguard that it's just too good. If aggro were a problem and I were to switch hellfire for anything I think it would be imp-losion, since single target removal or trades are pretty consistent in this deck, you can't use it for burst to face, and they don't work too well together. Plus if I need to be better against aggro imp-losion isn't going to be very useful anyway, since it seems best versus control.

It turns out I love wrathguards so much that there's no way I would trade them for anything. It makes anti aoe decisions more interesting though xD

TL;DR: In summary, against an aggro meta I would use hellfire and haunted creepers, against control imp-losion and flame jugglers, and for more balance imp-losion and haunted creepers. Everything else seems to work really well.

Finally, I'm thrilled there's a new zoo deck similar to the original archetypes. When I started playing (around the naxx release) I used your zoo deck for great results, and I'm so happy it's back. The other more mid range versions weren't as fun for me.

Thank you for all your decks, I use them all the time!

How would u counter aggro paladin decks with this? Also wrathguard seems bad against hunter match ups 

What about using Shadowflame instead of one fist? This seems to have synergy with wrathguard.

Shadowflame is too situational and is a really crappy topdeck, you want to tap into cards you can use every turn with this deck, not hold situational combo pieces.

How would u counter aggro paladin decks with this? Also wrathguard seems bad against hunter match ups 

You just have to outvalue them on the board, your trading should be a lot more efficient than theirs most of the time and they usually only play 1 Consecration for board clear. Match up is pretty decent.

Yes Wrathguard kinda sucks against Hunter, but so has Flame Imp since the beginning of time and that never stopped anyone from playing that.

What about the Tiny Knight Of Evil? Wouldn't that make sense in a deck based on discards?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0