Damien

Salvage Guide

40 posts in this topic

Super awesome -- I feel like I just regained a tab or two of stash space just by knowing that this post exists.

If I could make one recommendation, it would be to add the items used in the Followers' Guide to this list as well, because some items, such as the Justice Lantern, are highly recommended for followers (and thus should be of interest to anyone who ever plays solo) but are maybe used in maybe one class build, if that.

But knowing I only have to check two pages (this one and the Followers' Guide) instead of 10+ pages is an incredible improvement.

I would like confirmation this list is current to Patch 2.4

I would like confirmation this list is current to Patch 2.4

I see Band of Might on the list, and it's new in Patch 2.4.  Also, the list includes guides for the Legacy of Nightmares set which are new 2.4 guides.

I think this is during PTR though.. Hmm

The actual guides for the LoN builds did not go up until patch 2.4 hit the live servers.  I know, because I kept watching for them to go up sooner so I could try them out on the PTR. :D  Since the Salvage guide links to those guides, I know it was updated after they went up.  Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if the Salvage guide is dynamic, pulling its info straight from the build guides so it's always up to date.  But either way...

Would love to see in this same list named:

- Used in Kanai Cube for the listed build, Best in Slot or alternative item

- Properties wanted for that build specific build (like dexterity, crit chance, crit dmg, vitality % etc).

This would save me a lot of going back and forth and checking. As I keep currently multiple "sets" open for myself, and my memory isn't what it was (I'm a old guy, can't remember everything anymore, lol)

Would love to see in this same list named:

- Used in Kanai Cube for the listed build, Best in Slot or alternative item

- Properties wanted for that build specific build (like dexterity, crit chance, crit dmg, vitality % etc).

This would save me a lot of going back and forth and checking. As I keep currently multiple "sets" open for myself, and my memory isn't what it was (I'm a old guy, can't remember everything anymore, lol)

Yeah, I agree.  Especially the "Cube, Best in Slot, Alternative" information would be really helpful and hopefully not too hard to implement.  When I find really nice items, I check the salvage guide to see if I want to keep it.  But it doesn't matter if it's got nice stats if it's only for the cube, and I probably already have it cubed anyway.  Clicking through to the guide and scrolling to the bottom for each item is time consuming.

The other stats would be helpful too, but not as important, because I only need to check those on the relatively few items that I actually keep.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll run it through Damien, we should be able to work something out!

Please, please, please implement those suggestions. They would be ridiculously helpful!

Any reason why suddenly the Unhallowed (Accursed Visage etc) items are removed from the salvage list? I checked the builds, but they still stand as "valid" on their pages.

Also, if builds are no longer "valid" in the list, would be nice if it would be shown by color of the build name maybe? (red for invalid maybe?)

There is a fault in the Salvage-Overwiev.

For example my Crudest Boots are needed my Inna-Monk.

In the Salvage-Overwiev they are only neede for other monks.

Maybe there are more faults like this.

Hope this helps you.

Thank you for updating the guide with BiS/Alt/Cube info! Some of the guides do need some updating in regards to current meta. Solo and group Wizard guides are outdated compared to what is commonly being used right now. Please keep up the great work!

How about adding the Legendary Gems?

I'm looking into which ones aren't used by various builds I collect, and as I by now have almost all of them upgraded to ~ level 50-55, I don't want to have to redo all of those that I will need at higher levels etc if on the spot. And as those will get used up with Caldesann's Despair recipe on the cube....

Posted (edited)

On 5/18/2016 at 1:12 PM, MrHandsome said:

Also, if builds are no longer "valid" in the list, would be nice if it would be shown by color of the build name maybe? (red for invalid maybe?)

I ran into this today.  The Flying Dragon shows as BiS for the Dashing Strike Monk, but that build has the following note:

Following the nerfs to the 4-piece and 6-piece bonuses in Patch 2.4, this build is no longer competitive. We have removed it from the menus, but we decided to leave it on the website for documentation purposes.

I know there are several builds like this that were left on the site for documentation purposes, and I'm guessing they're all still showing up in the salvage guide.

Edited by Warden

21 minutes ago, Warden said:

I know there are several builds like this that were left on the site for documentation purposes, and I'm guessing they're all still showing up in the salvage guide.

Yeah, they all are, and this makes them find able, which is fine by me, but their naming in this list and on their pages differ and make me always confused which build is which. By color marking those that aren't valid anymore, It won't confuse anymore between them.

And btw, thnx for adding the Cube/BiS/Alt information, it greatly reduced my browsing back and forth between the list and the builds.

On 1/19/2016 at 0:37 PM, Guest Tat45 said:

If I could make one recommendation, it would be to add the items used in the Followers' Guide to this list as well, because some items, such as the Justice Lantern, are highly recommended for followers (and thus should be of interest to anyone who ever plays solo) but are maybe used in maybe one class build, if that.

I want to +1 the request to have follower items showing up in the salvage guide. 

Awesome guide! Keep up the good work!

I've implemented changes that were submitted here. I added the follower items and a mention of builds that are outdated. I don't think I'll add legendary gems though :p

1 person likes this

Glad you guys like it :p

Will this be updated for Patch 2.4.2 / Season 7 or has it been already?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor