FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Hearthstone Low Budget Paladin Aggro TGT

What about it? I don't think it's good enough, it's a decent trading tool, but this deck already has enough Divine Shield between the minions that already have it, and the Seal of Champions that I deem it unnecessary, it's also a terrible topdeck late when you're trying to squeak in the last few points of damage.

• Like 1

Guest Nathaloup

I have tried this, but replaced the arcane golem for a loatheb. Would you think its a good idea? I had good resulta.

Very nice deck! I was struggling to make Patron Warrior work, so I tried this deck and now I'm flying through the ranks with ease. We'll see how it holds out at the higher levels. Thanks for sharing!

I have tried this, but replaced the arcane golem for a loatheb. Would you think its a good idea? I had good resulta.

It seems ok yeah, Arcane Golem is such a good late topdeck, or card to hit of a Divine Favor though.

Sword of Justice is too slow, Avenging Wrath is too unreliable and clunky. Blood Knight is ok, but only if you're facing against a lot of other Paladins, don't put it in just to remove your own Divine Shields, you want your own Divine Shields.

Guest E1V15

Can you help us understand why the Worgen Inflitrator is there? Seems a second Argent Squire or second Arcane Golem would add more value.

Guest Tazo804

I've been using this deck for about 100 games and I'm hovering around rank 13, any tips of to what I'm doing wrong or is this deck just not good enough to climb much higher.

I've been using this deck for about 100 games and I'm hovering around rank 13, any tips of to what I'm doing wrong or is this deck just not good enough to climb much higher.

Aggro decks are hard to master so being rank 13 is OK. Mistakes are mostly made by trading or not trading. This wisdom will come with time (big amount of time). Maybe you could also watch streams/videos of other (pro)players playing aggro paladin and think about each turn what would you do and if they play differently, try to think why. However, it is quite time consuming, but again, so is playing the deck over and over again.

Edited by positiv2

Guest EyedBread

Is this a better version than aggro secret paladin?

Is this a better version than aggro secret paladin?

They revolve around completely different things.

Secretless pally has many proactive plays and can put a lot of pressure on your opponent. It is in my opinion weaker but easier deck (and also cheaper). Aggro pally is generic aggro without a main synergy (but still has synergy such as Muster+Juggler).

Secret pally is harder and more expensive, but can be more rewarding as the meta hasn't fully adapted to it. Almost every pally is aggro and everyone expects it and plays accordingly. It relies on secrets and Mysterious Challenger. If you don't draw into one, you will have hard time winning. I still think secret pally is superior to generic aggro pally.

Guest Dage9

Would this deck be able to run x1 Equality? If so what would u swap?

Guest VonKaminplatte

wouldn't a Piloted Shredder be a better fit for the aggro play style, than a Defender of Argus?

Defender of Argus immediatly gives you 2 extra attack. Plus, you can protect a high attack, low life minion with it and also protect some minios against AOE damage

Not consistent enough damage for me, too slow for the deck, you wouldn't play a 6-drop in the deck, so why Murloc Knight?

Guest Dooodlefish

Hi, first of all I'd like to say I really like this deck! I doubt there's anything else that would've allowed me, as a new player, to reach rank 5 for cheap!

I've been experimenting with putting an echoing ooze in this deck over 1 consecration, since that card is really slow and mainly only helps you against other aggro decks. Echoing ooze seems really good with all the buffs in this deck. If you play it with might, champions, or kings on turns 3, 5, or 6 respectively it represents great value for curve, and can really help you get back to dealing damage if you got stalled in the opening turns. Even if you play it by itself it's essentially a 2/4 for 2 mana, which is not bad at all. Sure it's a bad topdeck but it still seems better overall than a second consecration.

I'm also pretty conflicted over divine favor. I recognize that it can be amazing in the right situation, but it's pretty much useless against aggro, or really anyone who just got a decent curve in their opening hand. When the opponent has been playing cards on pace with you it's just a dead card, made even worse by the fact that those are the situations where you need as many useful cards as possible to establish tempo. Even if you are able to draw 2 or more cards with it it's still really slow, since skipping your turn 3 or 4 is something you almost never want to do with this deck. After that your opponent has probably had the chance to play some of the cards he was holding, decreasing your value for the card. Don't get me wrong, I know it can occasionally be a game-winner, but I'm really questioning the need for two of them in this deck. Recently I've been swapping out 1 divine favor for a second echoing ooze, but I could see a whole lot of other cards going in that slot there instead.

Divine Favor is crucial, in a deck that plays so much damage you're going to be in topdeck mode at the end of the game just hoping you draw the burn. Even if in that situation Divine Favor only draws you one or two cards, it drastically increases your odds to hit the right cards.

Also without it, your matchup against Handlock, Freeze Mage and Control Warrior goes down the toilet.

Guest The boi

Why 2 consecutive consecrates? I seem to be rarely using even 1.

Sign in to follow this