Topic Details

Lunar Festival

13 replies to this topic Started by Damien, Jan 25 2013 02:36 PM comments lunar festival

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France
This thread is for comments about our Lunar Festival guide.

Join us on IRC! | server: irc.quakenet.org | port: 6667 | channel: #icy-veins

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

ElPewPew
  • ElPewPew
  • Vagrant
Great guide, very helpful for someone like me who hasn't participated in previous festivals. Just had a quick question, I play on Horde, so if I use an Alliance character to complete Elders of the Alliance will it count towards the achievement for the festival on my horde characters?

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France

Great guide, very helpful for someone like me who hasn't participated in previous festivals. Just had a quick question, I play on Horde, so if I use an Alliance character to complete Elders of the Alliance will it count towards the achievement for the festival on my horde characters?

It should, but I haven't been able to test whether the Alliance elders will offer their quests to Alliance players. If you could test and tell me whether it works, I'd be very grateful. I won't be able to test before Tuesday, as I am currently abroad.

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:17 AM

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guest_Guest_*
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
i think you missed one in the entrance to zg

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:53 AM

Guest_Tom_*
  • Guest_Tom_*
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
You are wrong. The single acheivements are NOT account-wide only the meta acheivement. That means you could do the alliance acm with an ally char and the horde acm with a horde char. but than you are missing an acm for both.

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

Guest_Xan_*
  • Guest_Xan_*
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
The Cataclysm zone Elders have not reset this year (Well, for me on Alliance / Dalaran US). The rest have.

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France

You are wrong. The single acheivements are NOT account-wide only the meta acheivement. That means you could do the alliance acm with an ally char and the horde acm with a horde char. but than you are missing an acm for both.

I used the conditional tense, so I can't be "wrong" :P

All I did was make an assumption. I'll check things tomorrow and I'll update the guide accordingly.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France

I've just created a horde character on a random server and all my Lunar Festival achievements are completed. So you can do Elders of the Alliance on an Alliance character and that will give it to all your Horde characters (same for Elders of the Horde).

I don't understand why people make erroneous statements with such confidence. I mean, it's not like it takes long to check how the account-bound achievement system works.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

ElPewPew
  • ElPewPew
  • Vagrant

I've just created a horde character on a random server and all my Lunar Festival achievements are completed. So you can do Elders of the Alliance on an Alliance character and that will give it to all your Horde characters (same for Elders of the Horde).

I don't understand why people make erroneous statements with such confidence. I mean, it's not like it takes long to check how the account-bound achievement system works.

I can also confirm this since the Elders of the Alliance achievement is on my achivement panel and it did count towards the meta, so I'm glad to see that I don't have to risk it with my Horde characters hehe.
Again, thanks for the great guide.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

Guest_Wayne Mangham_*
  • Guest_Wayne Mangham_*
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
I don't know if this still applies but last year i found a few elders that werent on any of the achievement lists,might be worth checking out for people that need a few extra elder coins.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

Guest_Ilia_*
  • Guest_Ilia_*
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
Is there a way to get to Elder Skyseeker at FreeWind Post in thousend Needles if you can't fly? I do not have a FP (Horde) to there and can't seem to find my way to the bridges over to there that I have seen mentioned other places. Posted Image

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France

I don't know if this still applies but last year i found a few elders that werent on any of the achievement lists,might be worth checking out for people that need a few extra elder coins.

I didn't find any, where were they?

Is there a way to get to Elder Skyseeker at FreeWind Post in thousend Needles if you can't fly? I do not have a FP (Horde) to there and can't seem to find my way to the bridges over to there that I have seen mentioned other places. Posted Image

Sorry for the lack of answer, but you should have made a specific topic for that question ;)

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

Guest_Chickenese_*
  • Guest_Chickenese_*
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR

Are there no rewards for Lunar Festival?  Before they awarded a Dragon Mount, now there is no mount and no rewards except achievement?

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:51 AM

Oltier
  • Oltier
  • Frost Mage Guru
  • LocationDebrecen, Hungary

I can't recall any mounts, especially no dragons in connection with Lunar Festival. Except the Violet Proto-drake which is not a Lunar Festival-only mount. There is 1-1 pet for horde and alliance (festival lantern), and that is all as far as I know.

Feedback about me and my work is always appreciated.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net...Oltier/advanced

Reply to this topic

Active Users

0 user(s) are browsing this forum 0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users