FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
sifarus

BiS Trinkets

I have a warlock that's destro/affliction and at the moment I'm kinda confused about what trinkets are BiS. I've looked on the Wowbis.net site, which said the following: For destro it's Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia and Fragment of the Dark Star, for affliction it says Fragment of the Dark Star and Unblinking Gaze of Sethe. 

Now, I read on another site that for affliction Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia is BiS instead of Unblinking Gaze. Is this true? I have both but I'm not sure which one is better

Destruction: Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia and Mythic Goren Soul Repository. If you do not have a GSR a Sandman's Pouch is a good alternative. If you do not have the money to dump on one of those, then I'd almost suggest full time class trinket. The class trinket only excels in single target situations where you can keep the buff up. (Reaver, Kormrok, Gorefiend, Velhari, Zakuun)

Affliction. Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia and Iron Reaver Piston is usually the route most players take. I do not have a Piston, so I am using a mythic Darmac's Unstable Talisman. Class trinket would be behind Piston for single target, but ahead in multi target.

tl;dr Destro = DSI/GSR. Aff= DSI/IRP.

I've looked on the Wowbis.net site

Wowbis is often wrong and not a resource I would ever recommend to people, they tend to just run simc and then write their list. They have little to no class knowledge, they do not consider mechanics, they ignore commonly accepted community standards, and half the time their sims are badly done.

Example, their MM Hunter BiS trinkets is the class trinket and Fel-Spring Coil - this is wrong. The class trinket does well on SIms but in practice it is the worst MM trinket in HFC. The Aff Warlock list has UGoS as BiS, I've never seen a sim agree with that and I've never met a respectable Aff warlock agree with that either.

They are also a VERY shady company with their promotion of actions that break the Blizzard ToS.

@LockyBalbao Oh, thanks. I didn't know that. 

@Curinir: Yeah, I thought Unblinking Gaze was weird for affliction. Are you sure though  about the Iron Reaver Piston? That's purely a stat trinket and I've always learned procs are better. Maybe that's wrong, but that's what I've always heard.

I have the BRF Mythic trinkets and all the HFC trinkets except for the class trinkets, so I have a big variety of trinkets to choose from. I don't mind switching depending on the fight. I'm just really confused atm with these new trinkets.

So for destro I'll just keep using my GSR and if I ever get class trinket I'll purely use that for the single target fights, if I understood correctly.

But Affliction is still a bit vague

So my lock has the worst luck in game on loot still no class trinket. But I have gsr mythic warforged,chipped soul prism with a socket and desecrated shadowmoon isignia heroic warforged.What im wondering is what 2 I should be running atm and which 2 should I run if I ever get the class trinket. Im destro 708il with 4set atm.

So my lock has the worst luck in game on loot still no class trinket. But I have gsr mythic warforged,chipped soul prism with a socket and desecrated shadowmoon isignia heroic warforged.What im wondering is what 2 I should be running atm and which 2 should I run if I ever get the class trinket. Im destro 708il with 4set atm.

Worst luck, but you have a Mythic WF GSR, often considered the best trinket for many Mythic fights that don't allow proper stacking of the class trinket?

Worst luck, but you have a Heroic Warforged DSI that isn't far from the Mythic version in value?

I got news for you, boss.  You don't have the worst luck.  DSI is a permanent fixture - never remove it.  As for class trinket vs GSR - GSR is more reliable for when you need to be swapping targets.  Using 5 globals to apply Flamelicked isn't ideal when swapping to high priority targets such as Doomfire on Archimonde.  GSR gives you a hefty Intellect buff and moderately good uptime on Chaos Bolt damage via the crit proc.  Many Mythic Archimonde progression Warlocks are trying to get a Mythic WF GSR, so consider that task complete for you, which is actually, ironically, REALLY lucky.  

If you're doing your role as a Destruction Warlock and taking down high priority add targets, use GSR.  If the fight lends to a higher single target feel and you aren't playing Affliction, class trinket is fine and might be a little better especially since yours is 20 ilvls above your GSR.

Are people really using piston over Fragment for ST or DUT? I've heard little talk of this being better than DUT or Fragment on ST. I'm talking about heroic versions. I don't have it, but the stats on it don't seem to even be as good as Chipped Soul. Or is there something somehow about the mechanics that make it better?

Edited by Liarparadox

According to sims it's:

Mythic Frag

Mythic Piston

CSP

Mythic DUT

Heroic Piston

Heroic Fragment

I prefer DUT to CSP just because you can get some pretty godly procs with it.

Are you sure though  about the Iron Reaver Piston? That's purely a stat trinket and I've always learned procs are better. Maybe that's wrong, but that's what I've always heard.

I've been thinking about this recently - and I while I haven't seen any specific math, logically I can see why proc trinkets aren't as strong for Affliction.  With Destruction and Demonology you're banking resources until you get big procs so you can dump them.  But with Affliction your primary goal is to keep Haunting Spirits as high as possible - so while you may toss off an extra Haunt during a proc if you have enough shards - you're not 'dumping' them ever.  And you're probably going to save Dark Soul to use during the legendary ring procs.  So I can see why IRP and CSP are stronger for Affliction than other specs.

But that's just my amateur theory - maybe someone who knows more than I do will tell me I'm wrong :p

I don't get those sim results with my gear. Heoric Frag sims higher than DUT and CSP for me, in both SUP and SAC. In game, when I swapped out CSP for my Heroic WF Frag, i saw a very clear increase in dps. There's no contest.

Those sims are all extremely close to each other number-wise, so a lot of it is quite arbitrary and I can see how it would change for you. However, make sure your in-game testing is in a raid and not on a target dummy.

That being said, I believe most anything can beat Frag in a single target situation. It is just not very good. However, on Council, it absolutely wrecks face.

Remember that these are just sims in perfect conditions and often will not correlate directly to every encounter or indeed every individual character.

I dimmed higher with DuT when I was 710 ilvl. Now at 724 I sim higher with Fragment. There's also been a general shift in consensus that the RNG reduction Fragment offers (via greatly increased shard generation) makes up for sometimes lower sim values.

MY guildy and I are arguing which is better for reaver and council. We have all trinkets in heroic and each have a Mythic piston. He says Heroic fragment and Mythic piston im saying heroic DSI and Fragment It all  seems like apples and oranges at this stage nothing warforged. Thoughts!? All as affliction and Mythic encounter.

Edited by Ripley

I think you might both be wrong. I can only talk about heroic encounters. I don't do  mythic content.

For council: Frag/DSI. Frag is insanely powerful on council.

For Reaver it's still DSI but a choice between Mythic IRP and Heroic Frag. I think they are probably pretty close. I'd give the personal edge to Fragment for the sake of the bombs and shard generation. I hate dotting up low health adds only  to get just a few ticks before they die and I hate RNG and having to pray for shard procs. With Frag. that's just not an issue anymore. From ST sims I've seen there isn't a big difference between heroic Frag and mythic IRP, a few hundred dps in favour of Frag. Heck I'd probably still use Frag on Fel Lord for it's reliability at this point. But again, the difference doesn't seem that big between the two. Basically you can't go wrong it seems. It won't break your dps either way. I personally would rather have less RNG and quicker/more ticks on bombs. Might also consider mythic DUT. It's still a beast. I just don't like the RNG attached to getting a proc then being targeted and having to move, wasting the proc.

Mythic dynamics maybe change something though.

TLDR: DSI on every fight. The other trinket might come down to personal preference/gear/stats but they will both be pretty close I think for Reaver (always Frag for council)

Anyone ran sims/done maths on Orb of Voidsight trinket? Looks sick at 800 ilevel.

What's the ICD?

At 800 ilvl you will be level 110 which the content does not exist so you cannot really compare.

The level 100 version is ilvl 715. Still worth looking into. Which bosses in HFC count as demons?

Anyone ran sims/done maths on Orb of Voidsight trinket? Looks sick at 800 ilevel.

What's the ICD?

Which bosses in HFC count as demons?

Mannoroth, Gorefiend, Fel Lord Zakuun and Tyrant Velhari (and all her adds) are Demons, and so are lots of adds on Xhul'horac and Archimonde. 

Full list: http://www.wowhead.com/npcs?filter=cr=6;crs=7545;crv=0#0+7+1

I definitely think Orb of Voidsight will get some play in HFC.

Edited by Axxym

Ive been experimenting as i currently have the following:

-Heroic Fragment w/socket (+75 mastery)

-Mythic Piston w/socket (+75 Mastery)

-Heroic WF DSI

-Chipped Soul Prism

(oh yea i have shit luck too wink.png lol)

so as https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/affliction-warlock-pve-dps-gear-loot-best-in-slotstates, the CSP should be better than my Fragment. I tried an Iron Reaver one day using the Piston and CSP and my dps was substantially lower than with the Piston and Fragment. Once i got the Piston i put my CSP in the bank as it doesnt seem better in any combination anymore. For destro i keep using the Piston and Fragment unless im on Xhul or Assault, then i swap out the Fragment for the DSI. Im hoping to get a mythic DSI then Ill probably go DSI/Fragment for most Destro fights, DSI/Piston for xhul and assault, and Fragment/Piston for anything Aff. Ive not found one situation where the Fragment has not been the best possible option for Aff. Ill end up resocketing my Piston for +75 haste.

Edited by vaeevictiss

Well, people shouldn't be looking at that list anyway. It was posted in August; pretty useless.  In fact, harmful to use such an old list as a general principle. Sim lists on trinkets this tier, even updated ones are meant to be pretty limited in scope since particular ilevel and mechanics play a huge role in adjusting those standings. A more relevant comparison would be to go sim yourself and use it as a starting point; and of course let live play inform you more. But if anyone is looking at such an old list and letting that guide their trinket choices, that person is just wasting their time.