FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
VenerableTurkey

Ember Management

I'm lost. Do you at any point dump embers with CB or do you just hover around 2.5-3.5? I know in the opener you dump two then build up. Do you dump again afterwards? I'm basically lost on when I should CB and how many depending on procs.

Dump on damage increasing procs/buffs or when you need the burst damage. Cast a CB if you are about to cap so at about 3.5 embers (less if you have T17). For Havoc and if there are no targets in execute then that is another time to CB.

So you will be building embers, without capping, when there are no buffs.

There is not a set amount of CB to do in the opener as it depends on ember generation and whether the T18 4 set procs. During the whole fight you want to get as many CBs as in you can with Dark Soul, the ring, trinkets etc and limit the unbuffed ones.

Does that make sense?

Edited by spikeysquad

Yes. Spend as many embers as you can when you have procs, waste as few as possible when you don't, whilst being mindful of not overcapping.

There are exceptions however which occur frequently.

If AoE is about to occur you want to bank 3+ embers above anything else to allow you to maintain FnB Chaos Bolt rotation right off the bat.

If there is a constant stream of low hp, shadowburnable adds, you can be more aggressive with ember consumption and fuel yourself via the shadowburn ember return.

Yes. Spend as many embers as you can when you have procs, waste as few as possible when you don't, whilst being mindful of not overcapping.

There are exceptions however which occur frequently.

If AoE is about to occur you want to bank 3+ embers above anything else to allow you to maintain FnB Chaos Bolt rotation right off the bat.

If there is a constant stream of low hp, shadowburnable adds, you can be more aggressive with ember consumption and fuel yourself via the shadowburn ember return.

Hey, thanks a lot. One last thing, is one proc enough for multiple CBs or does it need to be multiple at the same time before you spam?

Get a proc, dump CBs.

Anything stronger than a weapon enchant proc I would dump CBs with. Trinkets, Ring, potion, boss debuff/buff, etc. Weapon enchant isn't really worth it - personally I dont even track it.

Get a proc, dump CBs.

Anything stronger than a weapon enchant proc I would dump CBs with. Trinkets, Ring, potion, boss debuff/buff, etc. Weapon enchant isn't really worth it - personally I dont even track it.

why would you not track it and optimize the little stat buff there is from it?

yeah its just 500 mastery vs 2.8k (using my goren soul as example) but still using the proc you got seem too be worth it for the highest dps possible :)

you probely got your reasons, as you seem too work more as a thoriecrafter than I do, so wane hear your reasoning for it abit more :)

- Frapa

Weapon proc is so common that if you dumped CBs with it each time you wouldn't have embers for important procs. Last I saw numbers the theoretical gain at 710+ was something like 200dps. With mythic mechanics 200 dps isn't worth my time and effort unless we're on a true DPS check boss, which is very rare since I don't raid world race anymore.

Additionally the advice was given to someone that is struggling with their warlock. If you're a player that is working on the basics of a class then you shouldn't worry about *perfect* min/maxing. 

• Like 1

Been off my lock for some time now so need to ask how does the FnB caos rotation look and does it assume the  Charred talent to be used?

AoE Chaos Bolts are only available to Charred Remains so yes the talent must be selected.

An AoE Chaos Bolt costs 2 of your 4 embers to cast; one for the FnB cost and another for the Chaos Bolt.

Falling below 1 embers knocks you out of FnB, severely gimping your damage and ember generation until you can hop back into FnB.

As such you want to alternate FnB Chaos Bolt with Incinerate / Conflagrate to remain above 3 embers when casting Chaos Bolt.