Damien

Monk: Support Build with Inna set

37 posts in this topic

Cube change: Vigilance 2H-Polearm in place of flying dragon as a cube?    Getting hit has a chance to automatically cast Inner Sanctuary.

What stats should you look for on the Stormshield?

Vitality, Life Regeneration and CDR are your highest priority.

Cube change: Vigilance 2H-Polearm in place of flying dragon as a cube?    Getting hit has a chance to automatically cast Inner Sanctuary.

I would honestly recommend against it, since you will run out of Spirit quickly from all the Cyclone Strike spam you have to do! Flying Dragon helps you rebuild resource with the attack speed procs.

Correct me if i'm wrong....but aren't dashing strike and cyclone strike both secondary abilities? You gotta have one or the other?

Honestly, I prefer to follow Quin69's guidance on monks, especially for healing.

Honestly, I prefer to follow Quin69's guidance on monks, especially for healing.

I like how right at the top it states this build is a joint effort by both Quinn and Deadset.

I like how right at the top it states this build is a joint effort by both Quinn and Deadset.

The guide was only updated a few days ago with Quin's suggestions tongue.png

Can someone please explain why strength is recommended on weapons?

Hey,

thanks for the guide.

There is only one thing I noticed:

you wrote in the beginning under Boots Inna's Radiance instead of Inna's Sandals

The same later in Sec. 5 within the feet category

Thanks for the typo corrections guys! Fun fact, there will be no Toughness difference between a Strength and Dex rolled weapon.

What's the opinion on running with Istvan's Paired Blades?  (little rogue and the slanderer)

gain up to 30% attack speed and armor during cyclone strike spamming

The section "Stat Priorities per Gear Slot" is far from BiS (e.g. missing IAS on both rings; Why MS instead dex on boots (13 * 5 = 65 vs. 650)?; etc...), but it is a nice guide nonetheless.

I also would like to know if Istvan's Paired Blades (with Solanium in KC) could be better than S+TF+FD.

Hello , what should I do to dropping the set. 60 inna ?

The section "Stat Priorities per Gear Slot" is far from BiS (e.g. missing IAS on both rings; Why MS instead dex on boots (13 * 5 = 65 vs. 650)?; etc...), but it is a nice guide nonetheless.

I also would like to know if Istvan's Paired Blades (with Solanium in KC) could be better than S+TF+FD.

At some point stacking into IAS when you're consistently pushing the AS limits through the Flying Dragon procs and the IAS already present on other pieces seems excessive to me. (Thus the recommendation for socket/ChC/CDR/Vit on the rings.) I guess it can be argued in the place of the CDR rolls, if you trust the Cyclone Strike spam for Obsidian Ring resets enough.

Istvan's does not compare favorably - you are (usually) tough enough to drop that armor bonus, and you get more AS from the Flying D.

Hi Guys,

I noticed that you have Inna's Temperance for the Boots. I believe you meant Inna's Sandals.

Thanks Again for the great guides!

Hi Guys,

I noticed that you have Inna's Temperance for the Boots. I believe you meant Inna's Sandals.

Thanks Again for the great guides!

Woops! Thanks for pointing it out :)

Just curious If your running three pieces of Inna's set why assign mantra to a button isn't the point of running Inna's set to get all 4 mantra's?

Just curious If your running three pieces of Inna's set why assign mantra to a button isn't the point of running Inna's set to get all 4 mantra's?

RoRG gives you 4-set + you want one of the mantras active effect

Is there any particular reason why some monks use diamonds instead of amethysts in weapon sockets? I saw that on the leaderboards in 4 players group.

Is there any particular reason why some monks use diamonds instead of amethysts in weapon sockets? I saw that on the leaderboards in 4 players group.

I'm far from being a top monk. However, gemming is usually a min-maxing affair, and the gems one uses need to be considered in the context of the rest of his gear rolls. I'd refrain from copying gem choices (or passives, for that matter) from top ladder guys. It's all a matter of context, and more often than not situational. Don't forget that even the top ladder players don't run 100% items, and neither do their partners. It's a matter of knowing both your potential, and playing with what synergizes best.

The reason for this is unfortunate and simple: Life on Hit gems (as well as any other DoTs and small calculations) tend to lag the game in the absolute highest GRs, certainly in 90+. When doing GR100+ I have personally stopped using gems in weapons, removed Area Damage in paragons, and stay away from any DoT gems (Pain Enhancer, Efficacious Toxin) for this very reason.

Hi guys, 

Love the guide, though I have one question..

Is it normal to breeze through the rift then have a hard time on the rift guardian?

My friend and I have been playing monk/wizard 2 player throughout the season and have reached GR72 using monk: Inna's EP and Wizard: Arcane Orbs. we now reach the Rift Guardian of say GR69 with 4 minutes remaining and then struggle to kill it due to not enough health globes dropping to keep the wizard topped up and casting. any advice would be cool.

Hi guys, 

Love the guide, though I have one question..

Is it normal to breeze through the rift then have a hard time on the rift guardian?

My friend and I have been playing monk/wizard 2 player throughout the season and have reached GR72 using monk: Inna's EP and Wizard: Arcane Orbs. we now reach the Rift Guardian of say GR69 with 4 minutes remaining and then struggle to kill it due to not enough health globes dropping to keep the wizard topped up and casting. any advice would be cool.

Heya! I can see health globes becoming an issue in 2 mans; the support Barbarian is better at globe generation, the monk is mostly assisting him in bigger parties. Consider a 3 man group, or switching yourself! smile.png

Heyho,

i would like to know, is sledge fist not an option as off-hand ? with it's 30-50% chance of stun its incredible useful if using the crippling wave. or do i miss anything?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead