FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
pwn3d

WoW Research Survey

Hi, I’m a doctoral student studying cultural anthropology at the University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee. My dissertation research is on social interaction between WoW players who have pre-existing relationships with each other (family, friends, etc.). Primary topics of my work are on how people “perform” those relationships in-game, and how players relate to their characters.

I’m hoping that you will give me a hand with my work by filling out a short (5-10 minute), anonymous online survey:

Even if you have only played with people you know through the game, I’d love to hear from you!

Please note: respondents must be over 18 and living in North America (or Hawaii). Apologies to folks outside that region, but the limitation is in place to make comparisons with my interview and observation data, which is taken from Americans (well, and a few Canadians). 

Along with the survey, I’m looking for additional people to interview online as well. If you’d be willing to help, please send me an email at:

wowresearch.uwm at gmail dot com

Thanks,
Chris

[This post was approved by Damien.]

Hi, all.  I just wanted to provide a brief update on my project.  My goal with the survey is to receive at least 150 responses.  So far I've got 101, so I'm almost there!  Thanks to all of you who have already taken the survey, and if any of you are putting off doing so, now would be a great time to fill it out :) .

Thanks again,

Chris

Hi, again.  At this point, my survey has received a total of 142 responses!  Thank you all of you that answered the survey!  I'm sooooo close to reaching my goal of 150, I can taste it!  If just 8 more folks would be so kind as to respond, I'll be able to close the survey (and stop bugging people on the forum with requests ;) ).  Please take the time to fill it out if you haven't already.  

Also, I'm still interested in interviewing players, if you're willing; just hit me up with an email!

Thanks again,

Chris

Hey, all, I just want to thank everyone who took time out to help me -- as of today I've gotten 175 responses to the survey, soundly passing my goal of 150!

I'll leave the survey up over the weekend just in case of stragglers, but it will close Monday next week.  As a reminder, I'm also looking for interview subjects and volunteers for video recording game sessions.  If interested, or even vaguely intrigued, contact me by email at:

wowresearch.uwm at gmail dot com

Thanks again for all the help,
Chris/Gilfaroth

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Drathon
      Hello folks,

Long time lurker here and I would like your help with something. I am posting this in order to ask you if you can help me with a research I am doing for MMORPGs for my master thesis. I would like in your spare time, and if you enjoy playing MMORPGs, to complete the following questionnaire:

Link: https://goo.gl/forms/n08H7ZcwFsyCKwnh2

The questions focus on your experiences with you favourite MMORPG. Of course the research is anonymous and you can find more information in the first page of the questionnaire.

Thank you for your time.
      Happy gaming \m/
    • By collegechic
      Hello,

I am a college student studying communications. I am currently taking a communications theory class and I need some help! I am writing a case study on WoW using symbolic interactionism to understand realism and relationships inside of WoW. If you could take my short 12 question survey it would be a HUGE help. I am trying to get more players of the game to make my results more diverse. As well I hope to compare the answers from non-players to players. Thank you so much to whoever helps out!! 

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LKHFPZ5

• By badmodem
      Hello,

I'm a lifelong Warcraft fan, player, podcaster and a professor conducting some research regarding Warcraft.

In this study we are interested in your opinions and experiences involving World of Warcraft. We will ask you a few multiple choice survey questions regarding the game, and will ask for 3-4 open ended responses regarding your experiences with other players in World of Warcraft and your feelings towards Blizzard. We don't anticipate the survey taking more than 10 minutes.

If you'd like to take the survey, here is the link: https://ohio.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0vxEqtJHoIOxzIp

Thanks! Jacob aka Modem

• By Xsinthis
      The World of Warcraft Wealth Survey 2012 has now concluded and the report has been published!
      Report: World of Warcraft Wealth Survey 2012
      I'd like to thank everyone who took the time to fill out the survey, this project would not be possible without help from the World of Warcraft community!
      Here's the tl;dr version:
      Average player gold was 302,593 Median player gold was 80,000 81.63% of players survey reported bloew average gold levels "The 99%" owns 74.18% of the gold ----
      Hello everyone,
      Many of you might not recognize me but last year I ran a World of Warcraft Wealth Survey which turned out to be so successful that I decided to do it again this year. This year not only will the survey be gauging player wealth but it will provide the second data point to start tracking inflation hopefully.
      The survey is completely anonymous, not even your IP will be tracked, so you can feel safe answering all the questions as honestly as possible (there are some questions about botting that might normally give people pause). I ask everyone who takes the survey to answer as truthfully as possible, nothing is to be gained by lying about anything on the survey.
      The survey can be found again at http://xsinthis.net/survey/ and more information can be found at Announcing the World of Warcraft Wealth Survey and World of Warcraft
      I'd like to thank everyone in advance for taking the time to complete the survey.