Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

Heroes of the Storm Lt. Morales

11 posts in this topic

If you are looking at another Support character's guide, the thumbnail for Lt. Morales on the "Related Guides" section shows Illidan.

If you are looking at another Support character's guide, the thumbnail for Lt. Morales on the "Related Guides" section shows Illidan.

Thanks, I'll fit it tomorrow smile.png

Regarding Inocultaion, can you confirm that it also affects the self-safeguard proc'ed from Trauma Trigger?

About Medivac Dropship, I'd like to suggest making it Situational. It's a great heroic, huge impact but require practices and good coordination. I know this guide is more solo queue oriented but still, marking Medivac as Not Recommended causes an impression that this ability is bad, but it's not.

Regarding Inocultaion, can you confirm that it also affects the self-safeguard proc'ed from Trauma Trigger?

About Medivac Dropship, I'd like to suggest making it Situational. It's a great heroic, huge impact but require practices and good coordination. I know this guide is more solo queue oriented but still, marking Medivac as Not Recommended causes an impression that this ability is bad, but it's not.

Hey Haven, 

Inoculation does not affect Trauma Trigger, as it says "and untalented version of Safeguard" in the talent description. 

I disagree. Medivac has the potential of becoming a "dead" Heroic Ability in many Solo Q and even premade 5v5 games, especially if your team falls behind early. Also, it specifically says in the talent description that it can be good if the team is very well coordinated. 

Hey Haven, 

Inoculation does not affect Trauma Trigger, as it says "and untalented version of Safeguard" in the talent description. 

I disagree. Medivac has the potential of becoming a "dead" Heroic Ability in many Solo Q and even premade 5v5 games, especially if your team falls behind early. Also, it specifically says in the talent description that it can be good if the team is very well coordinated. 

But, but, how about those flashy escape with Medivac, because... second health pool? Just kidding. But it was funny to see those, though

Hey Haven, 

Hi!

I agree your reasoning in not making medivac a situational talent, however I would still like to hear on your reasoning on the Medbay at level 20, its possible use as a AoE Healing Cooldown (if I now were foolish enough to go down the Medivac path smile.png ), vs Caduceus Reactor 2.0. And also, as the intro in the guide says: 

Here you will learn everything you need to know in order to play Lt. Morales in a competitive environment, whether you play on your own or with a team.

which means, I might be playing pre-made 5-man teams in which we do play with medivac. As I said, I just wanna hear your reasoning behind the talent, it sounds half decent considering it only has a 50 second cooldown, looks quite bursty, and heals both heroes on the ground and inside even while flying smile.png

Even if you decided to go Medivac in a fully premade 5-man team, I wouldn't go for Medbay at Level 20. 

Caduceus Reactor 2.0 marks the ultimate power spike for Lt. Morales in the late game. Using this talent she removes two of her greatest weaknesses: mana consumption and her lack of self-protection. Remember: When playing as a support it is part of your job to keep yourself alive. If the support player dies early on, the ensuing team fight is already lost. 

So all in all, Caduceus Reactor 2.0 is seen as one of the best Level 20 talents in the game (I actually talked to a couple of EU pro players while writing the guide back then) and I think that fact hasn't really changed. 

I just like to point that lvl7 talent Clear! is very usefull against Zeratul's ambush on you and gives your teammates time to burst him down before he burst down Lt. Morales. Also followed by Second Opinion at lvl16 makes peeling him after he ambush your backline very painfull situations for him.

Hi there Kendric!

First of all thank you for all the awesome guides and help and contribution in general to the HotS community :)

I just wanted to point out some outdated information in this Morales guide.

It's regarding Cleanse. 

First you describe:

Cleanse cannot be used on yourself.

But later you state:

Cleanse provides a short crowd control reduction, which means it can be used preemptively on Lt. Morales herself to get her out of dangerous spots in time.

So you see, with a quick edit it won't be confusing for newcomers.

Thanks again and keep the good job!

El GrindCore.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0