12 Win TGT Hunter Arena: Hyenas, Nefarian vs Malorne, Fel Reavers, bluffing Flamestrikes & Ball of Spiders (with analysis and audio commentary)

1 post in this topic

This is my 12 Win Hunter arena run, a tremendous amount of fun.  

Video with commentary:

Points of interest and analysis:  

- Watch out for the Warlock game featuring Nefarian and a FEL REAVER (game 6). My strategy paid off. I milled him and tanked 8 damage to the face from the Fel Reaver. The use of taunts to protect the Fel Reaver was theoretically genius. Victory was in sight and then I saw Nefarian. I dropped Malorne and a Freezing Trap to win. I almost lost hope - but managed to still win.  

- Game 9 vs a Mage features a fantastic Flamestrike bluff. He even says thanks when I start filling my board. I took the risk and there was no Flamestrike. Tremendous.  

- The last game against the Rogue was filled with tension. I may have misplayed a couple of times when considering a Worgen was on board for the Rogue and may interact with the Slime that comes out of my Sludge Belcher. However, the Rogue didn't take advantage of that!  

- I was ill when playing these games - so at times, I may have said strange things on commentary (calling cards by the wrong name, etc...) - please forgive me :-)  

Other points of interest:  

- Scavenging Hyena beast synergy is insane. it wins games. It reminds me of my 12 win Hunter run from August!!  

- Glaivezooka gives you such a strong start. Linked to that, Bloodsail Raider Glaivezooka synergy is so strong.  

- Webspinner giving you Malorne is hilarious. A Hunter playing a Druid card? I call it justice (considering how often Druid beats me on ladder).  

- There are no Highmanes or Animal Companions in this deck! How did we get 12 wins?  

- Steamwheedle Sniper can pick off big minions who are low on health. Incredible value.  

- In an ideal world, Argent Horserider would have 3 attack.  

- Multi-Shot wins games when used in the correct circumstances. A 5 attack charging horse with 3 health? Sure. I'll just use Multi-Shot.  

- Sometimes, this deck feels confused - as if it were suffering an identity crisis. Do I go face? Do I trade? Do I want to draw cards or focus on flooding the board? Oh well, it all worked out in the end.

- A Mage with Forcetank and Mirror Image is hard to beat. You know that tank is going face at least twice.  

- We actually manage to pull off Mechwarper - Metaltooth Leaper synergy at least once. That's all I hoped for.  

- Using a Cultmaster do draw one card is fine. It still got value. That's fine. More than one card is preferred. But one card is still fine.  

- Ball of Spiders vs Madder Bomber. We all know how that ends. Oh and in general, Ball of Spiders did nothing for me. Nothing.  

- Why can't I win jousts?  

Stonetusk Boar  

Worgen Infiltrator   

Web Spinner   

Amani Berserker   

Bloodsail Raider   

Freezing Trap   

Scavenging Hyena x 2   

Steamwheedle Sniper   

Eaglehorn Bow   

Acolyte of Pain   

Argent Horserider