FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Hearthstone Legendary Mech Aggro Druid TGT

Guest Guest

The deck seems good, but I'm so unlucky that in 7 games, I had just one innervate in all of my opening cards. No darnassus aspirants, neither living roots or mechwarper

To be honest, I've missed the Fel Reaver Druid Hype Train, sticking to Midrange version.

Same for Mech Druid - I've always felt it just lacked synergy due to the fact Druid Mech cards weren't that good.

But in the end I've managed to get my hands on some of those killy robots and gave it a try.

Good Lord.

It's total nuts.

Same nuts as your regular Fel Reaver Druid's nuts, but with a bit different flavour.

At it's core Mech Aggro is totally the same but it has a couple of things that I like very much:

1)It takes aggro deck staple cards(which i don't like) and replaces them with Mech staple cards(which i don't like either) BUT!

it essentially redirects your instant-damage value of LeperGnome/Knife Juggler/ Saber Druid into more consistent board presense of walking robots.

Sounds like a good trade to me.

2)It delivers some busted openers - even more busted than regular Aggro list.

3)Walking Giant Battle Robots are fun!

Moreover, card swaps are almost perfeclty fitting their original places.

-Leper Gnome is 100% replaced with his Clockwork brother - loss of 2 damage is compensated by Spare Part and some synergy with Mechwarper. You don't have much use for the Spare Part like MechMage, but you don't get much of those either.

-Mechwarpers and Shredders raking Druid'oSaber and Juggler's spots. A change I like the best so far because you don't get as much value from Juggler like any other decks and Saber is just a bit weak. Mechwarper is a cool body and a discount for your dudes, and Shredder is unmatched staple value.

-Spider tanks instead of Shades - more early combat and discount possibility for a chance of buffing your Roar attack(which you may not get at all). Fitting my personal playstyle and the deck consistency overall.

-Harvest Golem replaces Haunted Creeper - early beatings and sustain agains AoE via Deathrattle. Harvest Golem often feels like Spider Tank #3, but his role is essentially what of Creeper.

-Sky Golem vs FoN(which is not a nessesary swap) - a good one, too. Value vs instant damages .You don't get much of a combo with Aggro Druid anyway.

So, it's a variant of nowadays staple deck that has the same power, but wields it a bit different PLUS some flavour.

Bravo, Sottle!

Your original idea? :D

And a litlle gameplay tip - pay attention to the cards Fel Reaver has burnt. It's important to know whether there is a chance of getting Savage/FoN/Druid'o'Claw/Keeper etc in this game any soon.

Guest Chris

I didn't want to quote the entire post above me but I just wanted to give a shout out with my gratitude. I'm not much of a deck builder because I often find myself questioning why one card would be favored vs. another. Posts like these, in addition to Sottle's strategy guides, are extremely insightful and allow me to have a better understanding of the thought process that is involved with building a deck. So, thank you gentlemen and keep up the good work!

So, thank you gentlemen and keep up the good work!

Thank you a lot for these words!wink.png

A bit of an update to my thoughts about this deck.

I've managed to get some games, making something like 175 games in 24 hours of gameplay this weekend. 

My results were not impressive though, peaking rank 3. Probably due to myself being not the best player in the world.

Swapped Wrath for Big Game Hunter due to the efficiency of beardy dude. Feeling that he will be lost to Fel Reaver discard all the time has failed me ever since game number one : he destroys mirror, everpresent Dr.Boom and decent against Warrior, as expected.cool.png

I've played against a ton of Secret and Tempo, kept wrecking the former and being wrecked by the latter. Other Aggro Druids mostly lost to me aswell.

During these games, I've learned a lot of about such things as "math", "random", "how important those two are", also "the amount of swearing words I know" and "how much coffee I can take", and, eventually, a thing or two about this deck and Hearthstone overall.

1)Druid'o'Claw Cat Form + Savage Roar = 8 damage, plus the rest of your board. An easy equation,but it needs to be mentioned, like Force of Nature's one.

2)More math - chances of getting one of two copies of any said card is roughly 46% turn 3, 51% turn 5 and 60% turn 7, not including card draw/mulligans. Just so we know what is actual chance of having a removal spell vs Fel Reaver/getting that Swipe or Savage Roar..

3)Spare Parts are awesome. Numerous games were clutched by me with Freeze Coolant and Cloakfield. Rusty Horn and Time Rewinder can pull a trick or two aswell. Know them. Use them. Love Them.

4)Knowing your opponent's deck is an incredible portion of winning. Playing around stuff is the key to beating said stuff.

5)Bursty openers are the double-edged sword both you and your opponent should be afraid of. Once you're done with popping stuffs from hand, it all goes in the courtesy of Topdeck Department. Your opponent packs a bunch of removal - and you are in a lot of trouble. That is why IMO I kept losing to Mages. They do exactly this and have Mirror Entity as cherry-on-top.

If you people can add something from your own experience, feel free to do so.

I'll give the deck some more shots when Monday hits me. Still have some time to reach Legend.

It also feels like I'm back to my WoW days. I know stuff about the game and talk it a lot, yet fail to achieve anything worth of noting.unsure.png 

I'm really enjoying this deck. I went from Rank 12 to Rank 3 with it in October. It just has super fast starts backed up by solid later turns. Let's see how it fares in November...

I spend around 2.6k dust for this deck and am overly disappointed. Maybe its just my lack of experience or simply the fact that mana boost cards are almost never in my opening hand, but it leads to me being seriously annoyed. I don't know what I have to change? But if I have to rely on good card draw, I better believe in love than luck, lol.

Hey, me again. I hope someone is reading this. This deck suggestion needs some update. It has to be played super aggressively, otherwise you'll lose every game. I made it to rank 18 now, while being drunk. What a resume!

The deck is good enough to get you farther than that. 

It is actually not wasted dust as all these cards can be used in other decks. 

As I said multiple times on the forum, aggro decks are easy to play, but hard to master. However, if you include Fel Reaver, it is more "hard to play, hard to master", but it gets way more rewarding. You just need to know when it is safe to drop Fel Reaver and then call it gg. 

No Loatheb.. Replacements?  Also: I had been struggling with consistency, so i replaced sky golem with a harvest golem.  Is there something better than this?  

Wrath and FoN should be better alternatives. Wrath protects your board and helps you draw your combo. 

Force of Nature is simply a strong card and 14 damage from an empty board is simply too good. 

4 hours ago, PancakeMonk said:

is this deck still ladder viable because i really want to play it again ?

Not exactly as it is, but in general it should be viable.

One card you want to remove is Force of Nature, cause after the nerf, this card does not serve the purpose of this deck anymore.

You could replace it either with a Wrath if you are facing a lot of aggro in your first few games, or with another mech-synergy card, like Tinkertown technician or Harvest golem.

Another card i would replace is Keeper of the Grove. This card is kinda hard to replace cause it helped a lot both against aggro with the 2 damage and against annoying minions like Sylvanas with the silence. But after the nerf, it has really bad stats to fight for the board.

I would certainly add one Spellbreaker, cause you need to have at least one silence effect in the wild meta. Now, replacing the second copy is something that bothered me a lot while thinking about it. I came to the conclusion that this spot would either fit a card like Mechanical Yeti, or, a tech card. (for example a weapon removal in Acidic Swamp Ooze or Harrison Jones).

Well, other than the above i think the rest of the deck is still ok to play, but i cannot tell you for sure if it will be as strong as it used to be.

But you can try and tell us your results :)

• Like 1

thanks for the clarification ..but one thing i definitely want to try is to keep the force of nature and play it for more board than burst ..and for the silencing options spellbreaker is a good card  ..for ooze and harrison i just dont like to run to many tech cards in a deck that has a specific strategy .ofc if the meta is all about warrior then its an auto include but u get my point hehe .. for the fel reavers am going with 1  ...maybe try to borrow some plays from the silence druid ..2 is alot and most of ur games 1 is enough to push for damage and keep your opponent busy for a couple of turns ..anyways will test some cards and will see how it will go ..thanks again :)

Sign in to follow this