FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lolwtfjacob

Weekly Give aways

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I tried to check Yes and Yes, but it didn't let me! You just have to enter the contest again and hope to win! Depending on the turnout, it's 1 chance out of 300 or 400 :P Note that on Twitter, we have a lot less people entering, so the chances to win are higher.

I think its rude that the guildies of mine that have already won something keep re-entering! Very childish, they need to share the love more

Don't share the twitter link! The more people who know about it, the less chance I have of winning Posted Image

I watch that Twitter feed religiously every Sunday evening at about 8:00pm (UK time) .. frantically pressing F5 over and over... only to have my hopes cruelly dashed each and every week.

One day.....

Will everyone stop mentioning Twitter Posted Image

The first rule of Icy Veins Twitter Competition is never to mention Icy Veins Twitter Competition!

Same... but you never know one day! Fingers cross this weekend... as they say got to be in it to win it!

• Like 1

Nope, but I already won the pandaren pet some time ago (like the 6th giveaway). Better luck next week

Someone put Damien in charge of giveaways! This weekly loot roll is like my WoW loot rolls! Always between 1-10 and the pug hits a home run 95+!

Haha - it is true that the pug always wins! I think one week we almost cried as a pug shammy got 5 peices. However he then asked to join the guild so it makes it all ok...

Just spied on facebook the weekly giveaways have now been banned... Glad that they shall be available through the forums but it's not quite the same time! Spoilsports (facebook that is).

Must be a real shame for you guys having to mess around. Will you still be able to "promote" the prize giveaway without actually holding the "likes" on Facebook? As in host a link via your Facebook page to your forums, or will you have to completing stop mentioning prizes via Facebook?

E. Promotions

iii. You must not condition registration or entry upon the user taking any action using any Facebook features or functionality other than liking a Page, checking in to a Place, or connecting to your app. For example, you must not condition registration or entry upon the user liking a Wall post, or commenting or uploading a photo on a Wall.

Apparently you're not allowed to condition entry on liking a post. But it doesn't say anything about promoting a contest on a forum.

The reason why we were doing it with people liking the post is because it was the only Facebook interaction with which we could easily draw a winner. For example, we can't access the entire list of all the people who like our page, so we can't randomly draw someone from there, even though that would have actually been allowed by Facebook rules.

So we will just think about something fun to do on the forums, but it has to remain easy so it draws people. And we will promote that on Facebook, there is nothing wrong about it ;)