Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JasperMorseques

Trinket questions (Frost/Unholy)

6 posts in this topic

Hello guys!

Got a few simple but rather important questions for you dk's out there.

This is my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Morseques/simple

Currently I'm using these trinkets for each spec:

Unholy (Necroblight): Class trinket heroic + Unending Hunger mythic

Frost (Dw): Discordant Chorus + Empty Drinking Horn

With the Rumbling Pebble Mythic Warforged and the Horn of screaming spirits mythic in my bag.

Now here are my two questions.

1) Should I replace (and if only on a few fights, which?) my Discordant chorus heroic with the Rumbling Pebble Mythic warforged? Icyveins's trinket tier lists says the Rumbling Pebble is better but I'm unsure of on what point the DC passive will be better then the Rumbling Pebble's stats.

2) I don't have the Vial of Convulsive Shadows trinket so I currently dont play BoS. I've only beel playing Np (Necroblight). But I was recently asked if there's any other options to play (with not so much random aoe) where I dont use the class trinket. Is there and what trinkets should I use then? I was thinking Defile and then using Undending Hunger mythic + Empty Drinking Horn but will this be better then just rolling frost then?

Thanks guys!

1) For Frost, yes, Pebble does more damage than DC on a single target. 

2) Whether or not you have a Vial is irrelevant; BoS will always outperform NP on a single target as Unholy. And assuming you play it well and have 4pc/legendary ring, BoS Unholy will do more damage than Frost on a single target. 

One small observation: if you use BoS and have the ring, make sure you (communicate with your group and) know when the ring is going to be used. You should be ready to use BoS and maintain it at least for the time when ring is active. That together with any other CD and / or Vial. It is a major waste to let BoS drop after short time if you get caught off guard with low RP. It is also major waste not to have any CDs to line up with the ring.

Follow up question guys.

I'm practicing BoS, like I said I currently Don't have the vial of Convulsive shadows yet. So i'm not 100% Sure of what trinkets would be optimal to use for BoS while waiting for the vial. I'm running with Undending hunger (I believe i always should) and I'm using Rumbling Pebble Mythic wf aswell. Now I'm not 100% if the Pebble is the best option. Any suggestions?

Follow up question guys.

I'm practicing BoS, like I said I currently Don't have the vial of Convulsive shadows yet. So i'm not 100% Sure of what trinkets would be optimal to use for BoS while waiting for the vial. I'm running with Undending hunger (I believe i always should) and I'm using Rumbling Pebble Mythic wf aswell. Now I'm not 100% if the Pebble is the best option. Any suggestions?

For now that is fine. Running high level BOS increasing multistrike/attack is your highest priority so the drinking horn, chorus, and class trinket aren't desired. once you can get vial replace pebble :)

1 person likes this