FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starrk

Better items or 4 piece bonus?

I have two Empowered pieces of gear with multistrike at 695 (which I stack as a paladin - the guides I've read and Icy Veins tell me that as a Pally, I should pick either crit or multistrike and most the gear I got was multistrike). However I just got two pieces of Demonbreaker gear BOTH with crit for the same respective slots (one 691 warforged, one 685) that gives me a 4 piece bonus that gives me a chance to increase my attack speed by 50% for 5 seconds and every second it diminishes.

I'm just wondering what would be the best choice?

The two pieces of 695 gear gives:
+4 armor

+11 strength

+16 stam

+254 multistrike

+217 multistrike

-238 crit

-159 crit

-212 mastery

-No four piece bonus 

vs the two Demonbreaker set pieces

-4 armor

-11 strength

-16 stam

-254 multistrike

-217 multistrike

+238 crit

+159 crit

+212 mastery

+Four piece bonus 

the 2 piece also gives you 3 charges of Avenging Wrath, which is a huge boost over the LFR set in general, it's also important to note that crit and multistrike are equal in weight but only get one, but getting multistrike isn't bad.

I'd stick with the LFR tier set for now. White damage is actually deceptively some of your highest damage. This is an example on Fel Lord.

e39d796e9922c4e71109e489666c385a.png

When using Seraphim, it will almost always out damage TV. Fel Lord is a fairly short fight, so here's an example from Mythic Council, which is a longer figher (currently about 8 minutes for our guild).

1a043379440f10712551581eaabddea8.png

Even using Final Verdict you get these kinds of numbers:

95677495bf0c08124b1c0411480fa8cf.png

Some of this information may be made irrelevant since you lack the T18 tier bonus, but what I'm trying to get at is to never underestimate your white damage. The reason is because it's consistent. With a general amount of haste, maybe 5-10%, you swing about every 3.3 seconds. This is about the equivalence of using Crusader Strike on CD without it invoking a GCD.

So, keep your LFR tier set bonus and only break it for significantly better gear like heroic HFC gear or norm tier pieces.

Edited by Rothco

the 2 piece also gives you 3 charges of Avenging Wrath, which is a huge boost over the LFR set in general, it's also important to note that crit and multistrike are equal in weight but only get one, but getting multistrike isn't bad.

That's what I'm trying to say.  My head and chest pieces of the LFR set have crit when all my other pieces besides cape and one trinket have multistrike.  Thus, I was curious if it's to my detriment as the head and chest pieces of the 695 baleful items that do have multistrike.  

@Rothco This is what I figured.  I did some LFR and my Dps was marginally better with the 4 piece set bonus.  Thank you.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tomseno
      Raid/Class Spots Are Open To Any Applicant If The Player Is The Right Fit
      A guild formed with an ambition for progression and a love for M+ we decided to make the move from Silvermoon Alliance and form a guild to take our focus to the next level, Cutting Edge in 10.1 being the next step.
      We believe in building a guild by recruit players of a similar goal and mentality whether it be for raiding or for push score in Mythic plus. We value loyalty, honesty and a positive attitude towards setbacks. Communication skills are an absolute must.
      Raid Schedule
      Wednesday 20:30-23:00 Sunday 20:30-23:00
      Current Progression
      9/9HC 5/9M
      What are we looking for recruitment wise?
      We're currently open to recruiting DPS classes listed above, as we aim to solidify a stable 25-player roster. We're looking to provide competition to existing members and choose the best 25 players to proceed with for next tier.
      Contact Information:
      Discord; tomsen and lora1506
      Think you'd be a good fit?
      If you believe that you are a player that is looking to achieve the same goals as us then why not contact us and see if we can achieve our goals together!
    • By aNamelessHenchman
      Hi Everyone,

Returning to D3 after an absence.
      Trying to figure out the best desired stat rolls for items as per the guides, have always struggled with this.
      Am deciding to play DH Shadow Impale build this season 25. For example:

The Compass Rose
      1. Socket
      2. Critical Hit Chance
      3. Critical Hit Damage
      4. Area Damage or Attack Speed
      So am I looking for a ring rolled with all these stats? Because most of the time it will roll with Dexterity. So wouldn't it be unlikely that I would find such a ring? 
      If I had one with say Dex,CHD,socket and Attack speed    -     should I reroll Dex into CHC? Doesn't this defeat the purpose of Ancients? (as the ancient would have possible higher Dex but not higher CHC)
      What if CHD was really low and Dex was really high? What if overall damage goes down because I re-roll Dex?
      I'm confused. Just trying to figure out how to decide between 2 items.
      EG: I have 2 Convention of Elements
      Priorities are:
      1. Socket
      2. Critical Hit Chance
      3. Critical Hit Damage
      4. Area Damage or Attack Speed
      Ring A (Ancient):                Ring B (non-Ancient):
      +618 Dexterity                     +473 Dexterity
      CHD : + 46% (rolled)            + 49% (rolled)
      CHC: + 4.5%                           +5.0%
      Socket                                     Socket
      The game shows no difference in damage but minus in toughness and recovery on Ring B (must be secondary stats)

Which Ring is better? (should I choose?)
      Thanks for any explanation of this. Especially @Deadset

• By Velovictus
      Heyas all! Just a short video paying homage to all the Protection Paladins out there, Much Love!

• By Reicha7
      So the stat priority page of the guide ranks haste much higher than strength but the consumables guide recommends the feast for strength even though the haste food offers more haste which should make it the better choice surely?
      Hoping someone more aware of the theorycrafting to clear that up for me.

This mainly applies for raiding by the way but if there is a different answer for M+ I am interested to know the answer there.
    • By Gnub
      Been playing as 29/11/0 so far, extra crit heals is obviously good for keeping my team alive.

However, I never go OOM, so I want to get some more burst damage. What is the best way to make a hybrid paladin? 
      Holy shock with spell power? I want to do burst damage when my heals get interrupted, so holy shock might be bad.

7 Prot is the bare minimum for me, Imp Freedom is so strong.
      18 Prot is also very strong, extra stuns together with grenades is powerful for BGs.
      25 Prot for reckoning might be the best burst damage available, you could even heal with a 2hander. But this requires alot of investment and SETUP.

How good is SoC for a 1hander? Spell power gear? Maybe using Thrash Blade to do melee damage while healing geared.

What kind of gear? Spell power or strength?