Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

WArr fury/arms on Archimond

5 posts in this topic

A recent combat log (preferably hosted on Warcraft Logs) will be needed to adequately help you with your warrior. Doing a quick search on your character name I found two logs; one for Normal Arch as Fury on 10/20/15 and one for Arms dated 9/29/15.

I'm honestly not up on my Fury stuff as I've main-specced protection this tier but, with a more recent log, I can take a look at your Arms stuff as that is my off-spec.

So thx for observation. i will find logs from my guild from 1.11.2015. Or some older. MAx but 1 week back and post theme here to the forum.

I've never done really great with Fury except for fights like Iskar where I can  Recklessness+Bladestorm on the adds. My Fury numbers on Arch were pretty bad too, so I switched to Arms as I read that it was really good for that fight. My first couple attempts at arms weren't that great. I figured that Arms would just automatically be amazing due to sweeping strikes and the fact that much of the fight is a 2 target fight. It took me a while to realize that the real power of Arms is in it's massive executes. A good execute phase can bump you from 8th to 1st on the meters. I never realized how much more powerful the Arms version is (I suppose reading a tooltip is a good idea). With that in mind, this is how I do Arch.

First things first, I have sweeping strikes macro'd to MS,CS,Rend, and Execute, so that any time I hit one of those sweeping strikes is activated if it has fallen off. That way I don't miss out on a big execute cleave. They are simple macros like,

/cast sweeping strikes

/cast mortal strike

I also have Bloodbath macro'd to CS so That it only get's activated when I'm about to CS. 

1) Standard opening of prepot>charge>Rend>CDs>CS>MS,MS,MS

2) When Doomfire pops, I switch to it and Rend. Now I sit on my rage bar only hitting MS to keep from capping and when I think the Doomfire is about 6 secs from dying, I hit CS and wait, only MSing to keep from capping and as soon I Doomfire hits 20%, I just mash the execute button. Since CS is already up, I do a huge execute to Doomfire and a big execute cleave onto Arch as sweeping strikes is up. If you're lucky you can get 2 executes in, but sometimes it's only one.

3) Switch back to Arch and refresh rend hitting CS and MS as they come up.

4) When the Deathcaller comes up, it's the same process as the Doomfire. Switch, Rend, MS to avoid capping, CS to cover execute phase then spam execute when it hits 20%.

5) When the Overfiend comes out I switch to it for interrupts and use the same process as above, then usually have to switch to the deathcaller and finally back to Arch. I don't focus the dogs, though you can get some execute snipes out of them if you want I suppose.

6) You want to plan ahead a bit for Arch execute phase, making sure you have a full rage bar when he hits 20%. About 25% I stop hitting MS and let my rage bar fill up, only hitting MS to keep from capping. Right before he hit's 20%, you'll want to pot again, hit all your CDs (you should always save recklessness for this), then hit CS followed by Execute spam. Once your rage bar is spent, you just sit there autoattacking until you have a rage bar again and CS is up. Then it's CS>Execute spam again until bar is gone. Just keep doing this until he's dead.

7) the rest of the time during the fight I'm just hitting CS and MS when they pop up. I never use TC or WW. I think they are a marginal dps gain, but I don't bother with it. I suppose you can hit them if you like mashing buttons, but I usually just spam MS trying to catch the resets as quickly as possible.

Give this a try and see how it goes. Also, if you don't have the Archy trinket yet, this might not work as well as you don't get as many CS resets, but I'd still give it a try and see if you numbers improve on that fight.