FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Egrassa

(CALLING OUT BS BS BS)

After Atempting to use Simulation Craft , Ask Mr.Robot i have found that neather one theys programs has used Simulation Craft.

These statistics have been obtained by combining common sense, in-game testing, and simulations using Simulation Craft.

If you are unsure what the optimal reforging strategy is for the above priority, you can Ask Mr. Robot for a personalised optimisation of your character's gear, by filling the form below

Ask Mr.Robot does not go off your guide it says it also uses simulation craft , and icy-vans guide but they use there own stat prioritys

can some one from icy-veins please explain how they got there info and in what methods they use to retrive the best optimal out come as a guardian tank

There is no such thing as simulating tank stats with SimCraft, cuz SimCraft uses a patchwerk model fight and doesnt account for the boss' abilities and stuff. You have to be well aware of those and use your brain to figure out how to enchant / gem / reforge yourself, based on the encounter.

Icy-Veins is ALWAYS busy making new guides and content for the website. There are only 2 people who manage the website and they try to keep up with things as best they can and a lot of the times it requires them to Copy/Paste from old guides just to have half of it written already then fill in the rest.

These forums are where we tell them about problems the readers see in the guides and are discussed to see if a change should be made.

Edited by Krazyito

For rogues ask mr robot seems to be working fine. I've compared it to other reforge sites and the 2 others I've tried it came out to be the exact same thing. I do think mr robot is more class specific and doesn't work well for a lot of other classes. (or so i've been told). If it works for your class. I would continue using it. It is a lot easier than any other reforge site i've tried.

For rogues ask mr robot seems to be working fine. I've compared it to other reforge sites and the 2 others I've tried it came out to be the exact same thing. I do think mr robot is more class specific and doesn't work well for a lot of other classes. (or so i've been told). If it works for your class. I would continue using it. It is a lot easier than any other reforge site i've tried.

This is exactly right. It is very difficult to simulate and make perfect stat priorities for tanks and healers. These roles have various playstyles which also change a lot depending on the fight (lots of adds, lots of magic damage, hard hits...). All these different mechanics require different stats and thresholds.

The text is a default thing we have on every page. For tanks, they isn't much in simc currently, so we use common sense a lot. For Guardian Druids, we also have the chance to speak a lot with Arielle (the mastermind behind theincbear.com), and we further discuss things with the folks at askmrrobot.com.

PS: it would be nice if you could pay attention to your spelling :)

AskMrRobot uses very general stat priorites for each class. In terms of dps that works for the average raider. If you are trying to get every little ounce of dps from your toon you can run your own sims and reforge/enchant/gem to the new stat priorities each time you get new gear. I know on my Elemental shaman the stat priorities change on a very frequent basis depending on what new gear I have recently gotten, sometimes its haste>crit>mastery but currently its mastery>haste>crit which is mixed from both icy-veins and MrRobot say (which doesn't mean they are wrong just that they are giving you a basic stat list, but obviously hey do not have the time to list every stat combo depending on gear.

As far as tanks go, that is a role that can't be simmed. Lets use a blood DK for example, I personally use a stat priority of hit to cap>mastery >parry>dodge>exp. Other players may choose to go straight mastery, this way will provide better survivability but less dps than my personal build. It all depends on your play style and what your raid may need. I like seeing my numbers higher so I like capping hit :P

After Atempting to use Simulation Craft , Ask Mr.Robot i have found that neather one theys programs has used Simulation Craft.

Ask Mr.Robot does not go off your guide it says it also uses simulation craft , and icy-vans guide but they use there own stat prioritys

can some one from icy-veins please explain how they got there info and in what methods they use to retrive the best optimal out come as a guardian tank

I mean this as respectfully as I can (especially as I'm a new poster here), but AMR, Icy-Veins, and Simulation craft are all sites that are created to try and aid the player in making the best possible decision about how to setup their character. I personally see it VERY disrespectful to title a post "Bulls#!+" and call them liars in a post rife with mispellings and misunderstandings about the way your spec works.

All tanking classes (that I'm aware of) balance things like DPS, Healing, and survival. You need all three. That balance to my knowledge is also largely dependent on the players personal likes. Paladins (which I'm most familiar with) can now be vastly different stat wise, yet all three are viable. You could depend heavily on your attacks to give yourself active mitigation, or you could go the opposite way and give yourself a lot of passive mitigation at the expense of dps, but being easier to learn tanking.

Just remember to be respectful of the time and energy that people put into sites like these and the people that work hard to maintain them Posted Image

Edited by Lightrox
  • Like 2

I absolutely agree. I understand if that is how you feel, true or not, but it's not appropriate to treat people like that. If you disagree, or think something is wrong, tactfully and politely tell them so. I'm always one for enjoying debates or proper arguing, in the most traditional of senses, but I believe many things in life (or in this case, video games) are up for debate. As for their guides, I've found them immensely helpful.

I quit WoW a bit before Cataclysm came out, so upon return, I was super confused about how to heal on my Paladin. A friend recommended me, and now (clearly), I'm even a member of their forums. Perhaps, be more mindful of how you treat others, and how you approach conversations like this. I pray I haven't offended you, but... Think of how you would feel, if you put so much effort into something, only to have someone call your work bullshit and wrong. See? Hurtful and unnecessary.