Lolwtfjacob

PvP

17 posts in this topic

Hey, do you think we could get a PvP dedicated section? Me personally, I love PvP.

People could post Ideas for the best Strategies for Bgs, or the best comps for Arenas. Some How-to guides for people who want to start working on their PvP skills.

I would gladly create a list or two of tips and tricks for PvP.

1 person likes this

A PVP board would probably make a good board, although I think I remember seeing somewhere that new board creations were being put off until more users and board traffic was there to accommodate it.

A PVP board would probably make a good board, although I think I remember seeing somewhere that new board creations were being put off until more users and board traffic was there to accommodate it.

Exactly, at this point there's no real point in making a new board just to put 3 threads in them. The class specific subforums (and maybe a pvp board and/or others) will be added once the traffic gets a bit higher and the current forums are too cluttered.

Can't wait for it, I'll probably be the most active poster there.

I wish we could get atleast one subforum now :/

We are going to add the class subforums this week-end. In the process, we will add a PvP subforum as well ;)

3 people like this

Just thought I'd jump in and say I got my ability_warrior_trauma.jpgWrecking Ball

Normally I play Disc PvP and heal but just started on my crummy rogue. Never ever really tried for the achievement before but was a nice buzz getting it in an 85 battleground :D

congratulations, I haven't been able to get it yet. My priest is just too bad. I think I'll look for a premade honorable kill farm this week, it should work that way.

Just thought I'd jump in and say I got my ability_warrior_trauma.jpgWrecking Ball

Normally I play Disc PvP and heal but just started on my crummy rogue. Never ever really tried for the achievement before but was a nice buzz getting it in an 85 battleground Posted Image

My favourite thing in PvP: killing rogues.

My most hated thing in PvP: rogues.

Congratulations, though :)

My favourite thing in PvP: killing rogues.

My most hated thing in PvP: rogues.

Congratulations, though Posted Image

lol tell me about it i hate rogues and frost mages in pvp!! lol hope they get nerfed in mp

Nah I dislike rogues and DKs... nothing worse than getting that DK down to about 5%, half a tick later he has full health, DG you in and all your kiting cool downs are gone so all you can do is pop a snake trap and a couple of raptor strikes to knock off about 1hp while getting smacked in your face.

I do like hpallys. They are awesome. Scilencing followed by pew pew pew stun arcane blast pew pew pew DEAD.

Can't wait for it, I'll probably be the most active poster there.

I wish we could get atleast one subforum now :/

It's time to unleash the beast in you, I believe.

1 person likes this

Yeah thats true

Wait for it................... Posted Image

I'm sorry to say this, Sanketsd, but Frost Mages are extremely unbalanced and overpowered, at least against most melee classes. I know that discussions based on the statement I just made just go around in circles, but the only weakness I can possibly think of for a Frost Mage in arena is the fact that they are a cloth wearer and thus take more damage from physical attacks. To counter that, you have:

• The ability to CC players without a cooldown (Polymorph). Even if diminishing returns exists, it's only 15 seconds and he can still CC alternating players. Compare that to a Warrior who's got his only CC on a 2 minute cooldown.
  • The ability to root and slow enemies constantly (including with your elemental).
  • Practically untouchable thanks to Blink (15 second cooldown, really?) and roots. Also you can Blink out of stuns... come on.
  • Reasonable self-healing through glyphed Evocation. Nothing outstanding but it exists.
  • Emergency invulnerability thanks to Iceblock.
  • Insane burst DPS. Truly, a Deep Freeze + Frostbolt + Ice Lance is beyond devastating.
  • Lame combinations like Polymorphing someone and putting Ring of Frost on top of them.
  • Oh, Counterspell, blanket silence on a 24 second cooldown FTW.

DKs can be annoying, but I feel that they're quite sensibly balanced and not at all impossible to kill. Although if you're a single melee DPS vs a Blood DK, good luck.

2 people like this

Who is the best pawnable class u people think , in Pvp ?

Kitty Druids or Rogues die so fast its crazy. Lazerchickens die fast too but I believe that is only because I am a Lock lol

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DerrickHuggins
      I am Angellos#1559. Dark Hearts is a Horde faction guild on the Hyjal. We are seeking all roles. We are involved in Hardcore and Casual raiding as well as PVP. We are gay-friendly and welcome social and casual players alike. Our guild webpage is HTTP://darkhearts.guildlaunch.com and curse client servers is https://curse.com/invite/KFkn8boC8EOIEe6pDmwTYw. We also award monthly game time base on attendence and performance.
    • By Esabeth
      Ascendency is a guild comprised of sociable, mature players who strive for teamwork, camaraderie and enjoyment of the game as we prevail over the foes of the land from current and past perils. Our goal is to conquer PVE content as a synergic team and attain various epic deeds. Be a place where members can find a home and not just be a warm body.   Guild Name: Ascendency Faction: Horde Server/timezone: Thrall-PvE, Eastern Time Raid Times: 8:30-10 pm EST/Server Time Raid Schedule: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays Loot: Personal Member Type: Adult (21+) Working class w/full time jobs Voice Service: Ventrilo   Progression: We have been progressing through Normal raids, however we have added Heroic progression for a little more challenge. Although most members are not heroic experience, we like everyone to progression with a calm and mature atmosphere, but that won't mean that we don't get bosses down. We make sure we learn something from our progression. Please do not expect a Mystic raid from us, as we do not like to go as far to thinking hardcore. We believe it will not bring a pleasant and mature progression, so we'd like to stick with what we do.   Recruiting: We do not pressure our members to play what is needed for our raid team, however there will be certain roles that will not be recruited (Tanks mainly). However we like that our members play the class they enjoy playing, so there is no pressure or trouble to decide a role/class just for our raid team.    We accept all classes and specs as Social member. However, we are having a heal role issue and in need to recruit a 3rd dedicated healer for our raid progression. unfortunately Disc priest and Resto Druid we do not need, as we have them both, so please do not ask a room for one. We are also searching for a melee dps as well, preferably a Rogue, Feral Druid or WW Monk. Unfortunately we are full on Ret pallies and warriors.    We are currently in Heroic Hellfire Citadel Progression, 12/13, hoping to go after Archimonde for everyone to get their moose mount before the Prepatch.    Please know that we do not like anyone with an attitude towards anyone. We like for everyone to be themselves but also respect each other. In short: no drama or trouble. We like to keep our guild laid back and for everyone to enjoy the game in our guild.    We also have an age policy: ages 21+.    -What we have on our Raid Team- Warriors: We have a Tank and a fury Death Knights: We have 1, but are welcoming more Paladins: We have 2 dps and a tank. A Holy Paladin will be needed. Monks: We are welcoming monks as well, either a mistweaver (3rd) Heals or WW dps Priests: We have a Disc Healer as our 2nd dedicate healer and 2 Shadow priests, but are welcoming a holy for 3rd Shamans: We are in need of a Resto and/or Elemental! Druids: We have our resto Druid as our 1st dedicate healer, but we welcome feral or boomkin dps Rogues: We have none as our rogue switched to our 2nd Tank, so we are welcoming rogues as well Mages: We have 1 dedicated mage, and more are welcomed Warlocks: We have 1 dedicated raider, and will accept another Hunters: We have 1 dedicated raider, and will accept another Casual Raiders and Non-Raiders are all welcome to join! We accept Social people and Raiders! We understand that our members have full time jobs and have limited time as we raid for a short hour and we do not pressure non raiders to participate for raid nights. If anyone would like to raid, we make sure to open our raid schedules in the calendar for people to sign up and communicated with our Raid Leaders.
        Monthly Events and other Activities: We like to do monthly events for everyone to have fun, other then raid nights, even for non raiders. Transmog Contests are very common that we do. Open ideas or anything new anyone thinks of trying for a different event will be optional.   We often like to see members group up for dungeons or group quests, timewalking, etc.   Guild Communication: The guild has a paid web site, facebook page and a twitter account enabling members to socialize and stay informed with the latest and greatest. The website is our primary location to keep up with happenings of the guild.   We often use Vent to communicate with other members. We don't like drama and trouble, so we like to keep the guild laid back and sociable for everyone to enjoy the game and have fun.   http://ascendency.guildlaunch.com/ Twitter: Ascendencyguild   Contact Any of our Officers: Esabeth#1634 Feorne#1606
    • By GabbaPreston
      Hi! Grimoire Raven is a slightly new guild looking to recruit anyone and everyone who is friendly and looking for a family feel from a guild. We would love to build a strong large guild full of people who want to do events, achievements, raiding, pvp, or even just casual play. We are looking for general guild member and would eventually like to recruit some people who we could trust to keep an eye and lead the guild in the case that the current leaders are busy with any average life things.
      Grimoire Raven is a Horde guild on Mal'Ganis server. All of our events, raiding, etc times are based on Mal'Ganis server time. The 3 current leaders have experience in Draenor raiding. 1 has full cleared normal HFC many times and 2 including myself have cleared normal and heroic. We plan on having a no consequence policy for raiding meaning that if you can't make it on a raid day or honestly aren't feeling up to raiding you can take a break or choose to opt out of raid days with no consequence, however you must consider the progression of the guild and how it can affect the guild, but you won't lose gear or anything if you cannot make it.
      At the moment we plan on being a casual and pvp guild aside from small groups working on dungeons and such. Once Legion arrives we would like a strong group to progression raid for the guild along with one or so of our guild masters. Those who dedicate themselves to raiding are responsible for knowing the fights and bringing in their own experience and help for the raids. In other words do not only take from the guild make sure you equally share and allow for others to have the same privileges as yourself.
      Overall I want my guild to flourish with people who are excited for Legion and have a passion for the game! If you would like to join feel free to contact me on WoW or Battlenet for any questions or inquiries about joining. My battletag is GabbaPreston#1398 and you can send any questions to my mailbox under the character name Oridoril on Mal'Ganis. 
      Thank you for any interests and I hope if my guild isn't for you then you find a great guild for yourself!

• By JamesGoblin
      Crowfall is like RTS meets EVE Online meets Minecraft...if that made any sense? Also, before massive battles (hundreds of players), building structures and economy make it into the game, it currently looks rather like MOBA than MMO...and you can
      there!?

Another strange thing is, frequent changes of sex/class/race are likely - account and progression are tied to crow-spirit, not the body/avatar. Now, alpha access is expensive but open beta (free tests) is scheduled for this winter, requiring only registration on the site. Here are some early player made videos, starting with some voxel destruction: 

PS If my incomprehensible intro didn't make any sense, IGN Wiki maybe will!?
    • By kurminel
      Hi everyone,
      Currently, i wanted to make a shaman for pvp and pveand i would like to ask these questions
      1) which build is good for pve.I am just new tothe game. I do not know whether shamans would excel in dps more or on healing for pve raidimg. Would you recommend any build or any guides ? (Toons from wow armory , youtube or twitch).
      2) what about for pvp? Are they good, easy to use or manage on pvp? If yes, which builds? Do you have any guides?
      I am nust new therefore i would really appreciate if anyone can give me some advice.
      Thank you :)