Lolwtfjacob

PvP

17 posts in this topic

Hey, do you think we could get a PvP dedicated section? Me personally, I love PvP.

People could post Ideas for the best Strategies for Bgs, or the best comps for Arenas. Some How-to guides for people who want to start working on their PvP skills.

I would gladly create a list or two of tips and tricks for PvP.

1 person likes this

A PVP board would probably make a good board, although I think I remember seeing somewhere that new board creations were being put off until more users and board traffic was there to accommodate it.

A PVP board would probably make a good board, although I think I remember seeing somewhere that new board creations were being put off until more users and board traffic was there to accommodate it.

Exactly, at this point there's no real point in making a new board just to put 3 threads in them. The class specific subforums (and maybe a pvp board and/or others) will be added once the traffic gets a bit higher and the current forums are too cluttered.

Can't wait for it, I'll probably be the most active poster there.

I wish we could get atleast one subforum now :/

We are going to add the class subforums this week-end. In the process, we will add a PvP subforum as well ;)

3 people like this

Just thought I'd jump in and say I got my ability_warrior_trauma.jpgWrecking Ball

Normally I play Disc PvP and heal but just started on my crummy rogue. Never ever really tried for the achievement before but was a nice buzz getting it in an 85 battleground :D

congratulations, I haven't been able to get it yet. My priest is just too bad. I think I'll look for a premade honorable kill farm this week, it should work that way.

Just thought I'd jump in and say I got my ability_warrior_trauma.jpgWrecking Ball

Normally I play Disc PvP and heal but just started on my crummy rogue. Never ever really tried for the achievement before but was a nice buzz getting it in an 85 battleground Posted Image

My favourite thing in PvP: killing rogues.

My most hated thing in PvP: rogues.

Congratulations, though :)

My favourite thing in PvP: killing rogues.

My most hated thing in PvP: rogues.

Congratulations, though Posted Image

lol tell me about it i hate rogues and frost mages in pvp!! lol hope they get nerfed in mp

Nah I dislike rogues and DKs... nothing worse than getting that DK down to about 5%, half a tick later he has full health, DG you in and all your kiting cool downs are gone so all you can do is pop a snake trap and a couple of raptor strikes to knock off about 1hp while getting smacked in your face.

I do like hpallys. They are awesome. Scilencing followed by pew pew pew stun arcane blast pew pew pew DEAD.

Can't wait for it, I'll probably be the most active poster there.

I wish we could get atleast one subforum now :/

It's time to unleash the beast in you, I believe.

1 person likes this

Yeah thats true

Wait for it................... Posted Image

I'm sorry to say this, Sanketsd, but Frost Mages are extremely unbalanced and overpowered, at least against most melee classes. I know that discussions based on the statement I just made just go around in circles, but the only weakness I can possibly think of for a Frost Mage in arena is the fact that they are a cloth wearer and thus take more damage from physical attacks. To counter that, you have:

• The ability to CC players without a cooldown (Polymorph). Even if diminishing returns exists, it's only 15 seconds and he can still CC alternating players. Compare that to a Warrior who's got his only CC on a 2 minute cooldown.
  • The ability to root and slow enemies constantly (including with your elemental).
  • Practically untouchable thanks to Blink (15 second cooldown, really?) and roots. Also you can Blink out of stuns... come on.
  • Reasonable self-healing through glyphed Evocation. Nothing outstanding but it exists.
  • Emergency invulnerability thanks to Iceblock.
  • Insane burst DPS. Truly, a Deep Freeze + Frostbolt + Ice Lance is beyond devastating.
  • Lame combinations like Polymorphing someone and putting Ring of Frost on top of them.
  • Oh, Counterspell, blanket silence on a 24 second cooldown FTW.

DKs can be annoying, but I feel that they're quite sensibly balanced and not at all impossible to kill. Although if you're a single melee DPS vs a Blood DK, good luck.

2 people like this

Who is the best pawnable class u people think , in Pvp ?

Kitty Druids or Rogues die so fast its crazy. Lazerchickens die fast too but I believe that is only because I am a Lock lol

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Greathouse
      I'm here to talk about <Thieves Guild>; a new Mythic raiding and PVP guild on the Eldre'Thalas and Korialstrasz conjoined realm. We are looking for super-active players to fill out our raiding team and rated battlegrounds team. We intend to hit Mythic raids and Rated Battlegrounds hard. With the changes on how gearing up works in Legion, we believe that these tandem gameplay goals will compliment each other well. We're looking for highly active players that cross over between raiding and PVP. If you have a strict aversion to either raiding or PVP, that's not exactly a dealbreaker, but also it may be an indication that this guild is not strictly what you want, so be sure that you can live with the fact that most people will be equally interested in both gameplay aspects.  

Currently we need all classes and roles  

We do not have a raid/PVP schedule yet. We’ll be raiding 4 days a week, probably Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday. Expect schedules to be solidified after most people reach level 110  

Since we are a brand new guild, we don’t have a formal application process at this time. If you want to join our guild, message Jesse (the GM) greathouse#1932 or post a message on our recruitment forum here: http://thieves.gg/forums/forum/recruitment/  

If you're curious about the flavor of this guild, please review my bullet points on the sticky here: http://thieves.gg/forums/topic/read-this-before-you-join
    • By Psyh
      Up until Legion, I've primary spent my time in game in Areans or BGs, however the concept of Mythic+ really intrigues me. I'm stuck trying though trying to decide which class I want to main spec before Legion comes out. 
      The reason why it's a concern now, is because I don't want to start dumping my artifact power into one weapon, only to, down the road, regret my decision and switch. To my knowledge there's no way to "refund" artifact power at this time - please stop my now if there is. 
      Furthermore, I want to chose a spec that's going to be both viable in PVP (3's mostly) and Mythic+ dungeons (I know, I'm asking for a lot here). I already know Shadow is going to be a strong contender in 3's and I'm fairly certain Disc will be as well (I think, I hope). What I don't know, is where do they both stand in Mythic+. 
      I've stayed away from Legion Dungeons on the beta to avoid spoilers, but on live, they seem to struggle with AoE healing (at least compared to other healers). Has anyone played either spec on the beta, in Mythic+ and would care to share their experience? 
      I'm sure it'll come up, so let me get it out of the way --- I have no interest in playing Holy. Yes, I know they're an amazing healer. They spec as a whole does not appeal to me, the whole "holy light" thing. I like Disc and Shadow, because of the lore surrounding them and it's what kept me playing a priest for 8 years now. 
      Thanks in advance for the feedback!
    • By ShadowFlash
      (1 - Who are the Lone Wolves
      The Lone Wolves is a Semi-hardcore raiding guild started up in MoP by me and a few IRL friends, to create a guild with a solid raiding experience in a very social and fun atmosphere. We have pushed HC progress during Siege of Orgrimmar in MoP, the first 2 raid tiers of WoD (Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry). Since most of our core players were disappointed in the expansion, a big part of our core team went on a break. With Legion release nearing, and seeing how amazing the expansion looks like, we are looking for players who want to have a good time and enjoy the content in a friendly atmosphere.
      (2 - Our aims in Legion
      In Legion we want to organize a Semi-HC raiding team with a solid progress. We will be aiming for 2-3 raiding days a week. We will also be organizing weekly calendar events for PvP, Dungeons and world quests, to be able to enjoy the content to the fullest in which everyone can sign up for.
      (3 - Who are we looking for
      In general, we are looking for people to join our community, to find likeminded people who all want 1 thing: to enjoy World of Warcraft. But how people can or want to enjoy WoW, varies for each person. That's why we are open for people who are both looking for a friendly guild, or a steady semi-HC raiding team.
      (4 - Raiding
      For the raid content in Legion, we want to go for 3 raiding days each week. 2 Days for our core team progress, and 1 optional day for Alts, socials, or occasionaly a 3rd progress attempt.
      (5 - Raiding Team
      For our core team, we are looking for dedicated players who are able to put some more time in WoW, are willing to put time in gearing up for raiding progress, and to get to know the raiding tactics. For voice comms, we have a discord server, and a mic will be required for progress.
      (6 - Contact info
      If you are interested or have some questions, you can add my battletag and send me a message: ShadowFlash#2306
    • By Flavory
      So did they take out the pvp rings trinkets and necklaces you can buy from the vendor for marks of honor in ashran I can not get them, in this case where are those items aquired the pvp optimized items for those slots now that they took them out of ashran.  I know that it is possible to get good items from dungeons or raids but I think those ones are optimized for pve I want to get the ones optimized for pvp.   
    • By DerrickHuggins
      I am Angellos#1559. Dark Hearts is a Horde faction guild on the Hyjal. We are seeking all roles. We are involved in Hardcore and Casual raiding as well as PVP. We are gay-friendly and welcome social and casual players alike. Our guild webpage is HTTP://darkhearts.guildlaunch.com and curse client servers is https://curse.com/invite/KFkn8boC8EOIEe6pDmwTYw. We also award monthly game time base on attendence and performance.