FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Hearthstone Legendary Ramp Druid TGT

Why would you prefer so many minions with Taunt here? there are almost no fragile minions to protect and if the opponent goes for the hero, he loses board control anyway.

This deck will more likely run out of cards than mana, so using 2x3 mana gaining cards might be overkill. Wrath and Ancient of Lore are absolutely a must to get cards, and perhaps swap Wild Growths for Starfire..

Well saying that there is nothing to protect with taunts in this deck is just wrong - kel'thuzad is an excellent card to protect with taunts - especially since killing those taunts while kel'thuzad remains alive is pointless. Big taunts are also a decent way to offset the lack of effective board-clear in the druid class, especially without combo.

As for cycling - if you're having issues with it you're probably not playing the deck correctly. this deck is pretty slow and pretty much always plays for value (i.e., it almost always wants to trade since it's minions should always be higher value than its opponents). Even still, it has pretty decent cycle between wrath, ancient of lore, and wild growth when you hit 10 mana.

I think it's worth saying that this version of the deck is quite old now, and the meta has sped up a lot since this list was made. Tempo mage, zoo, secret paladin, patron warrior, Anyfin paladin, freeze mage, and more are all potentially huge problems for this deck. Which is to say that this version of ramp druid has the same problems that the modern midrange druid lists have with additional issues of not being able to kill off decks with strong board control tools. However, this ramp archetype is not bad at all. In the core of it, there isn't really that much that separates it from midrange druid (it simply does not include 2x combo, and therefore also does not play azure drake for cycle), which is an outstanding deck currently. Lately on the CN server there have been a few players who have been very successful using a version of this deck which runs only one force of nature/savage roar and does not include lategame cards like Kel'Thuzad, Cenarius, Ysera, Etc.

See here:

https://twitter.com/CelestialSinn/status/697497663919493120

I guess you could consider this a "hybrid" list.

Guest Mcshane

Does anyone have any advice with how to deal with secret pallys and freeze mages? keep jumping between ranks 14 and 13 cause of them.

Does anyone have any advice with how to deal with secret pallys and freeze mages? keep jumping between ranks 14 and 13 cause of them.

This deck because of its zoo-ish strategy is unfavoured against freeze mages. Try not to waste silences and keep them against Doomsayer and Tony. 

Secret Paladin is a tough matchup, especially with the addition of Keeper of Uldaman. You can try baiting her out by midrange minions and then just keep playing bigger ones.

Additionally, switching decks might be a good idea if you have problems with ranking up.

Guest bloodseeker

Hi i want to know when i dont have bgh and ancients of lore , but except this guys is my deck full what to create first ? Btw i play just druid so i dont need answers like bgh because you can use it in other decks ... Just what i need more in my druid

Hi i want to know when i dont have bgh and ancients of lore , but except this guys is my deck full what to create first ? Btw i play just druid so i dont need answers like bgh because you can use it in other decks ... Just what i need more in my druid

If you often experience the situation where you feel like you need BGH, then go for BGH. Otherwise go for Lore.

try replace senjin shieldmaster or sludge belcher with kezan mystic if you are having trouble with freeze mages. it will definitely make your win rate positive against them. 

Guest Barebareman

I see spider tank often mentioned in the strats of the deck but does not figure in the decklist. Could it be it was replaced by DotF and not corrected in the text at some places? Thank you!

how are ur minions being removed so easily are they not ahead of the curve? Which classes did u face, control or aggro

im facing the same problem as him. even if they are ahead of curve they just get removed...maybe im just unlucky and the enemy always gets good removal. ive never been able to use kt for anything

its either that, or i dont get mana acceleration even after throwing my entire hand...and for the next 5 rounds

Edited by daadaadaaren

Guest Vaith

Hi Sottle,

I have played your decks for some time now, and are really enjoying it.

I do have one question tho. I have all cards with the exception of Sylvanas. What can I replace her with? I have cards like Justicar, Bolf Ramshield, Reno, Alex and all the legendaries from Naxx and BRM.

Looking forward to your answer,

Guest Nightfury

Great guide, i've flavoured it with fandral staghelm, and it's more badass then ever.

Guest BRO

Hi

The strategy discussion of the deck refers to minions not applicable to this deck any more (looking at the latest deck list).

Thanks.

11 hours ago, Guest BRO said:

Hi

The strategy discussion of the deck refers to minions not applicable to this deck any more (looking at the latest deck list).

Thanks.

Thank you for pointing it out, an update should be on its way soon.

Sign in to follow this