Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

Hearthstone Low Budget Oil Rogue TGT

19 posts in this topic

I want to include Troggzor the Earthonator in this deck. 1. I think it counters the crazy amt of mages in the current meta. 2. I recently acquired the card. 

Good idea? What should it replace?

Replaced Southsea Deckhand with Bloodmage Thalnos. Should I have replaced a different card?

just unpacked a sweet bloodmage thalons and im grinding to build this deck, where can bloodmage find a place in this deck?

just unpacked a sweet bloodmage thalons and im grinding to build this deck, where can bloodmage find a place in this deck?

In place of an Earthen Ring Farseer. The deck is basically done now.

In place of an Earthen Ring Farseer. The deck is basically done now.

but i like to play rogue :(

what can i replace with violet teacher ? i dont have that card

I think this is a really good deck. I don't go far in Ranked because of the current meta--and perhaps my skill. But still it's viable in Casual and quests.

By the way, got to ask if the the (2) Preparation are vital in this deck? I have an alternate account which is F2P and nearly getting there with the other cards. If lacking those 2 but having all others, what could be the possible alternatives?

I think this is a really good deck. I don't go far in Ranked because of the current meta--and perhaps my skill. But still it's viable in Casual and quests.

By the way, got to ask if the the (2) Preparation are vital in this deck? I have an alternate account which is F2P and nearly getting there with the other cards. If lacking those 2 but having all others, what could be the possible alternatives?

If you lack preparations, the deck is almost unviable. The Sprints are way too slow and you will often be forced to play a minion to trigger combo on Oil, which can be dangerous. I recommend sticking with this deck instead.

do you have any suggestions for warrior and priest matchups? priest i can sometimes win with good draws, but it feels like the warrior matchup is totally unwinnable. sap does nothing, backstab often doesnt do anything and minions just die the turn after they're put on the board between weapons, shield slams and executes

Yeah, Warrior is really, really hard. Priest is actually a favoured matchup, you should be able to gain small advantage in tempo on each turn and snowball an advantage, you just have to be careful that you don't give them too much value for a Lightbomb or Holy Nova.

Since Priest has no way to pressure you, you have all the time in the world to cast your Sprints etc and get all the resources you need to win.

Hey there!

I'm finding trouble finding much value in the Violet Teachers - rarely have they been a deciding factor in how the game plays out. Are there any optional suggestions for them?

I was thinking maybe 2 x Shade of Naxxramas, or maybe going to the 5 drops and get 2 x Spectral Knight. Or maybe adding the Goblin Auto-Barber to help build a cool blade flurry burst?

Violet Teacher is a core card in the deck, I wouldn't recommend that you cut them out. They're crucial for Tempo swings against decks like Druid and Secrets Paladin where you can drop one on turn 4 and then use Backstab, Coin Deadly Poison, or Prep + Something to remove their minion in play and seize the board.

Usually with Violet Teacher it's best if you play it when you are guarenteed to get 2+ Apprentices on the board. It's even better when you create that board and manage to clear, or just flat out cripple the opponents board. That's what I gathered from watching Mr. Yagut anyways.

Replacing one fan of knives with questing adventurer opens up for good combos too

I've Lost 17 Ranked Games in a Row with this deck...They were hard fought games, but still losing in Ranked mode at level 20 does not a "Legendary" Deck Make. WAY OVERRATED...Oil Pirate Works better for ranked play imo, for a Budget deck

I've Lost 17 Ranked Games in a Row with this deck...They were hard fought games, but still losing in Ranked mode at level 20 does not a "Legendary" Deck Make. WAY OVERRATED...Oil Pirate Works better for ranked play imo, for a Budget deck

Odd, I've been on a winning streak from 22 to 17. I feel really strong with this deck, and have played a couple games all the  way  through, and never felt like I didn't have an answer, or even would have if I hadn't made a mistake earlier. Maybe you just aren't getting good RNG?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TheBeninator
      So the latest expansion, Mean Streets of Gadgetzan, has been out for more than a month now, and I was curious what everyone´s opinion on it was. Personally, I love the set. It adds more synergy with types of cards that weren´t as popular beforehand. For example, sets like secret mage, demon warlock, taunt warrior, and beast druid/hunter, have all gotten big buffs and can be viable in the meta. I got rank 13 with secret mage and taunt warrior alone, and hope to get to legend with them. What about you?
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Wizard Manald Channeling Build.
    • By Zadina
      The live Q&A with the two well-known Hearthstone devs took place yesterday and we've made a recap of the most interesting points.
      First of all, if you want to watch the whole thing, the VOD can be found here (it starts at 14:10). If you prefer a shorter version, Redditor EpicMelon has made a 10-min video of everything important said. Ultimately, if you don't feel like watching videos, we've made a summary of anything worth noting from yesterday's Q&A.
      Ben started talking about the new player experience, a topic he has discussed again this week. He repeated that most new players start off by playing versus A.I., some go to Casual and a minority goes to Ranked. The team has made it so that in Casual new players are exclusively matched against other new players and their MMR is kept to a 50% winrate.
      One of the currently most discussed hot topics in the Hearthstone community is the Ranked ladder. The team is satisfied with how clear the current system is in how it works. However, they do realise that its grindiness and the monthly reset can be a disadvantage and feel repetitive. To counter that, they are looking into short-term increasing the amount of bonus stars players can gain. This will hopefully increase the number of players in medium and higher ranks and move veterans away from Rank 20. However, they don't want everyone to be a Legend player either, since this would devalue the ranking. New breakpoints are also an idea the Hearthstone team is considering. As far as winstreaks stopping at Rank 5 are concerned, the idea behind this is that they wanted players to get to Legend "legit"; this could change as well, though.
      Moving to the topic of Arena, Dean announced that they are thinking of moving it to Standard format. Moreover, they want to try decreasing the amount of commons you get, as well as the amount of neutral Classic and Basic cards (especially minions). Some of these changes for Arena are already ready to be added to the game they are just waiting for the right time to patch them in. In early February, top 100 rankings for Arena will be published - just like the Ranked season ones. These rankings will be calculated based on highest average wins per run basis with a minimum requirement of 30 runs.
      The guys had a few things to say about the current meta, too. Pirate Warrior represented 30% of the meta game near the launch of Mean Streets of Gadgetzan, while there were also a lot of Pirate Shamans and Rogues. Thankfully, these numbers have dropped as other decks (like Jade Druid and Reno decks) started surfacing. Pirate decks are slightly more popular than Team 5 would like and decks with the pirate package feel same-y. If this persists, they might take a look at Pirates. Hunters and Paladins are having a hard time at the moment because they can't keep up with the aggro pirate decks. Overall, the internal meta report shows a stability in the meta: there is only a 3% difference between the winrates of the top deck and the 11th best deck.
      Lastly, there was mention of the Wild format. Ben admitted that they could do some things better for Wild. For example, it's possible that Blizzard will encourage more Wild tournaments in the future. The upcoming rotation will be interesting since Wild will have more card sets than Standard. Wild is far from dead: it's just half as popular as Standard, although Ben hasn't looked in the numbers recently. Earlier in the stream, Ben also said that the team is considering two options to keep Standard fresh: either nerfing cards or just move them to Wild.
      Lastly, Ben and Dean talked about various other small topics like the possibility of reprinting cards (no actual answer given), more Hunter and Paladin talk, wording inconsistencies and rewriting old cards, how a healthy meta is defined and Team 5 itself.
    • By digimij
      Howdy,
      I was going to submit a bug report in game, but I thought I'd check here to see if this really is a bug, or if I just don't understand how the ability is supposed to work. Here's what I planned to submit:
      outlaw rogue ability: Between the Eyes, is not correctly applying the 4x damage increase on critical strikes per the tooltip listed damage for each combo point, nor is it appropriately applying any of the bonus damage modifiers: prey on the weak and ghostly strike. If using Deeper Strategem talent, it appears to be applying 4x damage based on the 5th combo point tooltip, but again, the modifiers:ghostly strike and prey on the weak are not applying. 
      Per the tooltip, at 6 combo points, I should do 200,695 damage, 5 combo points would be 167,470 damage. While testing this on a training dummy, with Ghostly Strike and Prey on the Weak applied, with Deeper Strategem talented, using 6 combo points, I see a critical strike (100% chance from legendary shoulders) of 682,357. Unless my math is horribly mistaken, that should be a critical strike for 963,336:
      200,695 x 4 x (100% + 10% + 10%)

This is what I do:
      Stand behind dummy, so nothing is blocked, build up 6 combo points, apply Ghostly strike, either vanish, or leave combat and enter stealth, use Cheap Shot, then use Between the Eyes
    • By Zadina
      Hearthstone Game Director Ben Brode and Game Designer Dean Ayala will answer all your questions on a live Q&A session on Twitch this Friday!
      The complaints about the lack of communication from the part of the Hearthstone team have been answered. This Friday the 13th (!) of January, Ben Brode and Dean Ayala will answer questions about some of the most heated topics that currently affect the playerbase. Ben has already made some posts about issues like the Classic card set and the possibility of some Classic cards rotating out of Standard.
      As always, we will try to have a recap of the Q&A as soon as it is finished.
      Blizzard Entertainment
      Pull up a chair by the hearth! Join Hearthstone Game Director Ben Brode and Game Designer Dean Ayala January 13 at 9:00am PST for a live Q&A session on Twitch. Our developers will be sharing some insight about the state of the game, the new player experience, the ranked play system, and answering your questions live.

Have some questions for Ben and Dean? Here’s how you can be part of the conversation:
      - Tweet @PlayHearthstone with the hashtag #QA with your question
      - Post a question below in the blog comments
      - Join us live in Twitch chat and direct questions to us @PlayHearthstone

Can’t make it? Don’t worry – we will be posting the full video on the PlayHearthstone YouTube after the Q&A has completed.

Follow the official Hearthstone Twitch channel to be notified when the stream begins.
      We’ll see you there!
      (source)