Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

Hearthstone Low Budget Oil Rogue TGT

19 posts in this topic

I want to include Troggzor the Earthonator in this deck. 1. I think it counters the crazy amt of mages in the current meta. 2. I recently acquired the card. 

Good idea? What should it replace?

Replaced Southsea Deckhand with Bloodmage Thalnos. Should I have replaced a different card?

just unpacked a sweet bloodmage thalons and im grinding to build this deck, where can bloodmage find a place in this deck?

just unpacked a sweet bloodmage thalons and im grinding to build this deck, where can bloodmage find a place in this deck?

In place of an Earthen Ring Farseer. The deck is basically done now.

In place of an Earthen Ring Farseer. The deck is basically done now.

but i like to play rogue :(

I think this is a really good deck. I don't go far in Ranked because of the current meta--and perhaps my skill. But still it's viable in Casual and quests.

By the way, got to ask if the the (2) Preparation are vital in this deck? I have an alternate account which is F2P and nearly getting there with the other cards. If lacking those 2 but having all others, what could be the possible alternatives?

I think this is a really good deck. I don't go far in Ranked because of the current meta--and perhaps my skill. But still it's viable in Casual and quests.

By the way, got to ask if the the (2) Preparation are vital in this deck? I have an alternate account which is F2P and nearly getting there with the other cards. If lacking those 2 but having all others, what could be the possible alternatives?

If you lack preparations, the deck is almost unviable. The Sprints are way too slow and you will often be forced to play a minion to trigger combo on Oil, which can be dangerous. I recommend sticking with this deck instead.

do you have any suggestions for warrior and priest matchups? priest i can sometimes win with good draws, but it feels like the warrior matchup is totally unwinnable. sap does nothing, backstab often doesnt do anything and minions just die the turn after they're put on the board between weapons, shield slams and executes

Yeah, Warrior is really, really hard. Priest is actually a favoured matchup, you should be able to gain small advantage in tempo on each turn and snowball an advantage, you just have to be careful that you don't give them too much value for a Lightbomb or Holy Nova.

Since Priest has no way to pressure you, you have all the time in the world to cast your Sprints etc and get all the resources you need to win.

Hey there!

I'm finding trouble finding much value in the Violet Teachers - rarely have they been a deciding factor in how the game plays out. Are there any optional suggestions for them?

I was thinking maybe 2 x Shade of Naxxramas, or maybe going to the 5 drops and get 2 x Spectral Knight. Or maybe adding the Goblin Auto-Barber to help build a cool blade flurry burst?

Violet Teacher is a core card in the deck, I wouldn't recommend that you cut them out. They're crucial for Tempo swings against decks like Druid and Secrets Paladin where you can drop one on turn 4 and then use Backstab, Coin Deadly Poison, or Prep + Something to remove their minion in play and seize the board.

Usually with Violet Teacher it's best if you play it when you are guarenteed to get 2+ Apprentices on the board. It's even better when you create that board and manage to clear, or just flat out cripple the opponents board. That's what I gathered from watching Mr. Yagut anyways.

Replacing one fan of knives with questing adventurer opens up for good combos too

I've Lost 17 Ranked Games in a Row with this deck...They were hard fought games, but still losing in Ranked mode at level 20 does not a "Legendary" Deck Make. WAY OVERRATED...Oil Pirate Works better for ranked play imo, for a Budget deck

I've Lost 17 Ranked Games in a Row with this deck...They were hard fought games, but still losing in Ranked mode at level 20 does not a "Legendary" Deck Make. WAY OVERRATED...Oil Pirate Works better for ranked play imo, for a Budget deck

Odd, I've been on a winning streak from 22 to 17. I feel really strong with this deck, and have played a couple games all the  way  through, and never felt like I didn't have an answer, or even would have if I hadn't made a mistake earlier. Maybe you just aren't getting good RNG?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0