FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Hearthstone Sottle's Legendary Dragon Priest TGT

Guest DarkCultistDies

Dark Cultists die to Truesilver Champion, Death's Bite attack, Piloted Shredder, Twilight Drake, Auchenai + Circle, Eviscerate, Backstab + SI:7 Agent,  Power Overwhelming + Nerubian Egg, Flamecannon, Frostbolt + Ping, Wrath + Ping, Swipe... Why not just play Blackwing Technician, which survives all those mentioned? =) 

I think people complain too much about not having a dragon in the hand, but as a guy with 250+ Dragon Priest games (who holds onto Twilight Guardian in mulligan phases) having a really bad hand as Dragon Priest is not more frequent than having a bad hand with any other deck. 

The difference is that having a bad hand with other decks does not punish you by making the cards you do have worse.

I mean, yeah, I agree with you, a 3/5 is better than a 3/4, that's pretty hard to dispute, but Cultist is already a great card and is 100% consistent, playing a 2/4 on turn 3 is pretty poor.

I'd also say that Blackwing Tech has been rotated out of this deck by just about everyone in high level play, it's pretty rare to see it in the decklist of anyone playing in Tournament or at high rank Legend, look at Thijs' deck that he used to get top 4 at Worlds last week for example.

Always have a great time playing decks you've put up, sadly I have every card for this particular spin on Priest minus Vol'jin. Better to replace him with another Legendary such as Confessor Pal or possibly another removal ala SWD or SWP ? Currently running Paletress just out of no idea as to what a better fit might be? As always thanks for any advice and happy hunting!

Always have a great time playing decks you've put up, sadly I have every card for this particular spin on Priest minus Vol'jin. Better to replace him with another Legendary such as Confessor Pal or possibly another removal ala SWD or SWP ? Currently running Paletress just out of no idea as to what a better fit might be? As always thanks for any advice and happy hunting!

Paletress is extremely slow. I would play her only if the meta is slow. If the meta is faster, I would play Zombie Chow, second Sorcerer or even a shadow word pain.

The Dragon priest was once really good against secret pally, but nowdays i have about 30% winrate against them whith this one and about 90% win rate against this deck with secret pally.

Problem offen time arives when i'm missing my curve (and it's happens alot with this deck), or when it comes 2 turn 5+

-this deck lucks early drops(2 one drops, 4 two drops and 2 three drops)

-4+ drops are weak ( Azure Drake is basikly ogre magi+drow a card) i'm loosing an even games case my 5 drop trades poorly.dry.png

The Dragon priest was once really good against secret pally, but nowdays i have about 30% winrate against them whith this one and about 90% win rate against this deck with secret pally.

Problem offen time arives when i'm missing my curve (and it's happens alot with this deck), or when it comes 2 turn 5+

-this deck lucks early drops(2 one drops, 4 two drops and 2 three drops)

-4+ drops are weak ( [/size]

Azure Drake is basikly ogre magi+drow a card) i'm loosing an even games case my 5 drop trades poorly.dry.png

The deck has enough early drops to be able to win. If you are able to drop buffed Whelp on turn one, you basically win the early game. If not, you still have Wyrmrest on trun 2. T3 is Dark Cultist. T4 is Twilight Guardian/Sorcerer. If you curve out nicely, you simply win.

Also, Azure Drake is dragon, Ogre Magi is not.

Guest BobJuruncle

I've been considering trying out this deck over the more passive Legendary Dragon option on the site but I have a couple questions.  

Why isn't Sorcerer reflected at all in the strategy text?  It seems like the most noteworthy change but isn't elaborated on.

Also,  I noticed both decks says you should consider putting cards like Nefarian, Boom and Alex in if you're not afraid of BGH.   What would you recommend swapping out for them?

This thread is for comments about Sottle's Legendary Dragon Priest deck for TGT.

Hi,

The thread's name is wrong. Could you please change it?

Thank you :)

I've been considering trying out this deck over the more passive Legendary Dragon option on the site but I have a couple questions.  

Why isn't Sorcerer reflected at all in the strategy text?  It seems like the most noteworthy change but isn't elaborated on.

Also,  I noticed both decks says you should consider putting cards like Nefarian, Boom and Alex in if you're not afraid of BGH.   What would you recommend swapping out for them?

It is a turn 4 play, don't be too greedy, check for soft removal before buffing and don't make it a too big threat. 

You could swap Boom for Sylvanas because of the aggro-ish meta, but I currently wouldn't recommend using the other two. 

Guest Macky

Dont have Harrison and was thinking of crafting Chillmaw or Dr.Boom instead, any thoughts on which?

Dont have Harrison and was thinking of crafting Chillmaw or Dr.Boom instead, any thoughts on which?

Chillmaw only if you get run down by aggro decks. Boom is better in any other case.

Guest Caitlyn

Currently playing this deck with minor alterations. It's extremely solid against various aggro and with careful play it can go the distance against control warriors. It does struggle against paladin secrets though. You can "win" the early game against them but still take enough damage that a Mysterious Challenger with a few small creatures followed by a Tirion Fordring will roll over you. I feel like running a Kezan Mystic main deck is absolutely recommended in the current meta. I would also replace one Cabal Shadow Priest with another Entomb. I'm pretty sure the two Cabals are included because there are no SW: Pain's, but I feel like another Entomb is so necessary for dealing with Tirion and generally improving your matchup against other control decks by stretching your resources.

Guest Guest

I have kept a place for chromaggus. Combined with PW: shield you could have an awesome duplicate.

Imagine 2 entomb or ysera in 1 draw

! Pretty satisfying

Yeah Chromaggus is a consideration, and definitely can win games when it hits, but I find it too slow and clunky in general.

Guest Conner Downs

I am missing Vol'Jin. Should i sub in ChillMaw or Confessor Paletress?

I am missing Vol'Jin. Should i sub in ChillMaw or Confessor Paletress?

I feel like Dr. Boom should be the one to include. Chillmaw can and will hurt your board, which is very bad since Dragon Priest is a proactive deck. Confessor is simply too slow. If your meta is slow enough, you can include her, but I think that Boom is generally the best card, even though it creates a BGH target.

Guest Daniel Severson

In the Card Swaps section, it is mentioned that Harrison Jones could be swapped in as a tech card. Since he's already included in the main build, could some other viable anti-meta tech suggestions be listed in his place?

Sign in to follow this