FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.2 Warlock T15 Set Bonus & BiS List

Warlock Tier 15 has been datamined. Gear is as follows (normal ilvl is 522):

Gloves: Crit/Mastery Red Socket (60 Int bonus)

Helm: Hit/Haste Yellow Socket (180 Crit bonus)

Legs: Crit/Haste Yellow/Blue Socket (120 Int bonus)

Chest: Hit/Mastery Red Yellow Blue Socket (180 Int bonus)

Shoulders: Crit/Haste Red Yellow Socket (120 Haste bonus)

2pc Bonus Affliction: While spell_warlock_demonsoul.jpgDark Soul: Misery is active, ability_warlock_haunt.jpgHaunt's duration is increased by 4 seconds.

2pc Bonus Destruction: While spell_warlock_demonsoul.jpgDark Soul: Instability is active, ability_warlock_chaosbolt.jpgChaos Bolt and spell_shadow_scourgebuild.jpgShadowburn consume 20% less ability_warlock_burningembers.jpgBurning Embers.

2pc Bonus Demonology: While spell_warlock_demonsoul.jpgDark Soul: Knowledge is active, all abilities cost 30% less ability_warlock_eradication.jpgDemonic Fury.

4pc Bonus Affliction: ability_warlock_everlastingaffliction.jpMalefic Grasp and spell_shadow_haunting.jpgDrain Soul deal 5% more periodic damage.

4pc Bonus Destruction: spell_fire_burnout.jpgIncinerate has an 8% chance to generate double ability_warlock_burningembers.jpgBurning Embers.

4pc Bonus Demonology: Spells generate 10% more ability_warlock_eradication.jpgDemonic Fury.

Gear Analysis: Affliction

Gloves: reforge Crit to Haste or Hit; decent socket bonus. Definitely grab these.

Helm: reforge Haste or Hit to Mastery; crappy socket bonus. Watch for a better helm to pop from a boss somewhere to use as the off-piece

Legs: reforge Crit to Mastery or Hit; good set bonus. Grab these.

Chest: reforge Hit to Haste; great socket bonus. Grab this.

Shoulders: reforge Crit to Mastery or Hit; lackluster bonus, but take for 4pc.

Affliction overall: Gear has tons of Crit and not as much Mastery...this is sad, but reforging options should work out well. 2pc set bonus is nice...it buffs the duration of Haunt by 4 seconds providing 50% more uptime if utilized and not clipped during Dark Soul. This will generate a higher opening buff as well as increasing your damage by 25% an additional 50% of the time that you would have Haunt up but only during Dark Soul, which will have a 16% uptime. Dark Soul will be up for 20 seconds every 120 seconds. Since Haunt will last for 12 seconds now, the goal will be to go into Dark Soul with 3 Soul Shards so that you can cast one as soon as you pop Dark Soul, another 12 seconds into Dark Soul, and one more right before Dark Soul wears off. This set bonus will generate you about 6 extra seconds of Haunt every Dark Soul application which comes down to about a 25% damage buff every 2 minutes, or about a 1-2% dps gain. 4pc set bonus has crappy language, but a blue post reiterated that all DoT damage done during Malefic Grasp and Drain Soul will be buffed 5% as well (the DoT tick and the DoT hit). Since the 3 DoT ticks and the 3 DoT hits during MG and DS are about 75-80% of our total damage, I'm seeing the 4pc bonus as a 3.7-4.0% damage buff. Overall, the 2pc and 4pc bonuses feel pretty powerful. Acquire at all costs.

Gear Analysis: Demonology

Gloves: leave alone, good set bonus. Grab these.

Helm: reforge Haste to Crit or Mastery. Great socket bonus. Grab this.

Legs: reforge Haste to Mastery or Hit. Grab these.

Chest: reforge Mastery or Hit to Crit. Grab this.

Shoulders: reforge Haste to Hit or Mastery. Grab this.

Demonology overall: Gear has tons of Crit and that is good for Demo. 2pc bonus will extend Metamorphosis by a substantial amount. Since a majority of the time spent in single target situations involves spamming Touch of Chaos, this is a direct DPS gain modified by your ability to use Metamorphosis correctly. Touch of Chaos consumes 40 Demonic Fury, but the 2pc bonus will modify this to cost 28 Demonic Fury. This will essentially give you 4 Touch of Chaos's at the cost of 3. This would also extend the duration of Immolation Aura, allow you to spend less DF putting Doom up, and other such abilities. Both of these abilities require Dark Soul to be active, so it will be interesting to see how much harder Demo's burst is. The 4pc bonus increases your DF generation in caster form thus decreasing the time spent in caster form and increasing the time spent in Metamorphosis. The 2pc and 4pc work together with high synergy to have you spend more time in kickass purple demon form. This set bonus might put more emphasis on Haste to speed up DF generation or more emphasis on Mastery to do even higher damage more often with the increased uptime on Meta. Lots of Simcraft work to be done!

Gear Analysis: Destruction

Gloves: leave alone. Grab these.

Helm: reforge Haste to Crit or Mastery. Grab this.

Legs: reforge Haste to Mastery or Hit. Grab these.

Chest: leave alone. Grab this.

Shoulders: reforge Haste to Mastery. Grab these.

Destruction overall: Gear is itemized pretty well for Destruction. Shoulders could be replaced with the off-piece you find elsewhere. 2pc bonus increases Destruction's burst during Dark Soul uptime. Currently, Chaos Bolt and Shadowburn consume an entire Ember when cast. With this set bonus, CB and SB will consume 0.8 embers. If timed well, this means you could get off 5 Dark-Soul-empowered Chaos Bolts instead of 4 by having 4 full Embers going into Dark Soul. The 4pc bonus makes it so that you always have an 8% chance of generating double Embers. This will increase the number of Chaos Bolts and Shadowburns able to be cast during the entire encounter. Hard to put a % gain here, but it will be noticable.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with the changes. I'll be sad to give up my 80 sec CD Dark Soul, but empowering other abilities with Dark Soul up should make up for it. An empowering activated 2pc bonus with an overall passive DPS gain 4pc bonus should give Warlocks a very high incentive to snatch the new set ASAP. It will be a hard decision to break the 4pc T14 to grab the 2pc T15. Simcraft should model how much different it is.

*NOTE: There is no "BiS" list because stat priorities change per fight and are dependent upon playstyle and personal responsibility in each fight. Also, striving for Thunderforged in all slots is tied to some extreme RNG. Pursue your own BiS list at your discretion.*

5.2 BiS Listing pulled from 535 loot table. Current as of 04/08/2013

Assumes priority of Hit (to 5100) > Haste > Mastery > Crit

All Red Gems = Reckless (80 Int/160 Haste)

All Yellow Gems = Quick (320 Haste)

All Blue Gems = Lightning (160 Haste/160 Hit)

inv_knife_1h_thunderisleraid_d_02.jpgAthame of the Sanguine Ritual 1x Reckless, 1x Quick, Jade Spirit

inv_offhand_1h_thunderisleraid_d_02.jpgLei-Shen's Orb of Command 1x Reckless, 165 Intellect, Reforge Crit -> Mastery

inv_helm_cloth_raidwarlock_m_01.jpgHood of the Crimson Wake 1x Sinister's Diamond, 1x Lightning

inv_jewelry_necklace_129.jpgNecklace of the Terra-Cotta Invoker 1x Reckless, Reforge Hit -> Mastery

inv_shoulder_cloth_raidwarlock_m_01.jpgMantle of the Thousandfold Hells 1x Reckless, 1x Quick, 1x Inscription enchant, Reforge Crit -> Mastery

inv_cape_pandaria_d_03.jpgDeadly Glare Cape 1x Reckless, 1x 180 Intellect, Reforge Crit -> Mastery

inv_robe_cloth_raidwarlock_m_01.jpgRobes of the Thousandfold Hells 1x Reckless, 1x Quick, 1x Lightning, 80 Stats, Reforge Mastery -> Haste

inv_bracer_cloth_raidwarlock_m_01.jpgBracers of Fragile Bone 180 Intellect

inv_glove_cloth_raidwarlock_m_01.jpgGloves of the Thousandfold Hells 1x Reckless, 170 Haste, Reforge Crit -> Haste

inv_belt_cloth_raidwarlock_m_01.jpgCord of Cacophonous Cawing 1x Reckless, 2x Quick

inv_pant_cloth_raidwarlock_m_01.jpgLeggings of the Thousandfold Hells 1x Quick, 1x Lightning, 285 Int/185 Crit, Reforge Crit -> Mastery

inv_cloth_raidpriest_m_01boot.jpgHome-Warding Slippers 140 Mastery

inv_jewelry_ring_168.jpgRo'shak's Remembrance 1x Lightning, Reforge Crit -> Haste

inv_jewelry_ring_169.jpgJin'rokh's Dreamshard Reforge Crit -> Haste

spell_nature_chainlightning.jpgWushoolay's Final Choice

ability_hunter_focusedaim.jpgUnerring Vision of Lei-Shen

Final stats:

Haste = 12679 Rating

Mastery = 5831 Rating

Hit = 5108 Rating

Crit = 4446 Rating

There might be small improvements on this listing. Please post yours if you can find an improvement!

Those trinkets might make our opener kind of clunky. I'll be curious to see how long the ICD is on them since the 4pc bonus from t14 wont be there to bring DS around more often.

Interesting stuff!

For Affliction, I'd go with Legs for the "off piece". While it's true that the socket bonus is goofy, using something like inv_pant_cloth_raidwarlock_m_01.jpgAl'set's Tormented Leggings makes more sense as it will overall reduce the stat you don't want, while boosting the ones you want. Having to deal with 180 crit socket bonus is much better than reforging 1060 on the pants.

Edited by Kaboozey

I've actually got a couple of questions now that I've had some more coffee.

Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen

Is this in any way abusable with Pandemic? I know crit our lowest stat weight, but if given the opportunity to give out dots a fully pandemic'd 100% crit chance without gearing for crit...seems broken. The thought of our DoTs critting continuously for 20-30 seconds makes me giggle a little bit.

Depending on how the 100% crit chance is factored in, would this make Destro's CB's hit like a truck during those 4 seconds? I don't know the mechanics of Destro as far as how the damage of CB is modifiied by crit. Intuitively though, you shouldn't be able to have more than 100% crit chance. Same as when your coach tells you to give 110% you know realistically you will be bringing him at best 10% of disappointment.

I know you said trinket analysis is incomplete and looking around the darker corners of the internet hasn't shed any light here either.

Crit is not a snap-shotted stat. Your DoTs would crit 100% of the time during those 4 seconds but it would only Crit at or around your Crit rating for the remainder of your DoTs.

For Destruction, Critical Strike chance increases the damage of Chaos Bolt. The problem I forsee with Chaos Bolt is the cast time and travel time. As you might know, Chaos Bolt has a large cast time (about 2.5-2.8 seconds) and an even longer travel time (about 2 seconds from 30-35 yards). This means that it would be dependent on the game mechanics how this trinket would affect Chaos Bolt. If the stats updated dynamically and didn't calculate until CB landed, then you'd have to cast the Chaos Bolt BEFORE the trinket proc happened...have fun with that one. If the stats updated from when you fired the spell, you'd have about 1.2-1.5 seconds to react and cast the spell before the Crit chance buff fell off. Overall, I find this to be rather wasteful...I would spend that time generating double Embers with Conflagrate and Incinerate. Also, your Immolate ticks would be building Embers, so you'd be getting a higher throughput that way. However, Shadowburn would benefit GREATLY from this, so that could be kept in mind. That trinket would be most beneficial to Demonology out of the three Warlock specs. I anticipate Light of the Cosmos to help most players through the normal modes of the new raid. The proc on this trinket fully upgraded is very near trinkets with 15+ ilvls above LotC. Time will tell on how these trinkets work together.

Oh bummer. I was already dreaming of watching my DS critting constantly during execute and doing my evil, maniacal laugh...

4 seconds is a ridiculously low up-time now that you mention cast/travel times. Even getting off enough instant casts in that time-frame would be difficult with reaction time and latency. Hrmm....

Intellect DPS

- Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault – 15% chance on landing harmful spell. 45sec ICD.

- Wushoolay’s Final Choice – 0.56 RealPPM on damage/absorb from harmful abilities and spells, and periodic spells. 22 sec ICD.

- Breath of the Hydra – 0.50 RealPPM on damage/absorb from periodic spell. No ICD.

- Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen – 0.50 RealPPM on damage/absorb from harmful spells and periodic spells. No ICD.

- Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance – 1.00 RealPPM on critical harmful spells and periodic spells. No ICD.

i Think this will help you a lot with your trinket list Zagam.

I just came here to post those figures. This is a crazy set of statistics.

For those who don't know, PPM stands for procs per minute. Real PPM scales with Haste. We may see some drastic changes to stat weights with trinkets that have no ICD. We will be stacking the crap out of Haste to get the best benefit possible out of trinkets.

Here's how these trinkets break down...

ability_hunter_posthaste.jpgVolatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault - 15% chance on spell hit, 45 sec ICD

This means classes with DoTs will have a higher proc chance than straight casters. At the end of its 45 sec ICD, you'll have a 15% chance per tick or cast to proc this effect for 10 seconds. Assuming a 50 sec REAL ICD, we see a 20% uptime with this trinket. The 1467 Intellect + 20% * 8800 Haste will equate to (1467 * 4.5) + (0.2 * 8800 * 2.5) = 6602 + 4400 = 11,002 theoretical DPS. (assuming 4.5 stat weight for Int and 2.5 for Haste)

ability_hunter_focusedaim.jpgUnerring Vision of Lei-Shen no ICD, 4 sec uptime, 0.50 real PPM

This trinket will be unique in that its uptime is really short. With a 0.5 PPM, you'd be seeing 1 proc every 2 minutes, or 4 sec out of 120 seconds. This equates to a 3.3% uptime which is really low. With 30% static haste, this 0.5 PPM goes up to 0.65 PPM, which increases the uptime to about 4.5%. The static Intellect is nice, but I don't see this one going anywhere with Warlocks.

spell_shadow_mindflay.jpgBreath of the Hydra 0.5 real PPM, 10 sec duration, no ICD.

This trinket's uptime can be calculated as follows: 0% haste = 0.5 real PPM or 1 proc per 2 minutes. 20 sec duration = 20 sec / 120 sec = 16% uptime. With 30% haste, this becomes 0.65 real PPM or 1.3 procs per 2 minutes which would be equivalent to 20 sec / 92.3 sec = 21.6% uptime. Assuming 30% haste, the theoretical DPS = (1467 * 2.5) + ( 0.216 * 7333 * 4.5 ) = 3668 + 7128 = 10796 DPS.

spell_holy_mindsooth.jpgCha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance 1.0 PPM, 10 sec duration, no ICD.

Calculation is done the same as the previous trinket. Only difference is this has static Crit, twice the proc rate, and half the proc duration. Calculation for theoretical DPS (assuming 30% haste) is: (1467 * 1.5) + ( 0.216 * 7333 * 4.5 ) = 7128 + 2200 = 9328 DPS (worse than current trinkets).

spell_nature_chainlightning.jpgWushoolay's Final Choice 22 sec ICD, 20 sec duration, 0.56 real PPM

This trinket is difficult to compute. Basically it will work like DFO did. It works something like this...

t = 0 proc (1333 Int)

t = 1 sust (1333 Int)

t = 2 proc (2666 Int)

t = 3 sust (2666 Int)

t = 4 proc (3999 Int)

t = 18 proc (13330 Int)

t = 19 sust (13330 Int)

t = 20 falls off

This trinket has a 20 second duration with a steadily increasing Intellect that caps off for 2 seconds. With a 0.56 real PPM, you'll see 1.12 procs every 2 minutes. Again, assuming 30% haste, we'd see 0.728 real PPM or 2.74 procs every 2 minutes. This is the same as one proc every 43.8 seconds. This trinket also has a 22 sec ICD, so you can't see the stacks continue at a 10 stack. You can, however, see this trinket proc immediately at the end of its ICD, or 2 seconds after your 10 stack has fallen off. This trinket COULD theoretically have a 20/22, or 91% uptime. This is unlikely due to the PPM rate, however. I'm also unsure how PPM procs coordinate with ICDs. This trinket is hard to depict a theoretical DPS, but Affliction will see a HUGE use out of this by applying all DoTs at a 10 stack because with 13330 Intellect, I don't care what other buffs are running...your DoTs will hit like a Mack truck who has lost its brakes. All kinds of magic can be done with this bad boy if you were to delay your Dark Soul until you got to about a 5 stack so that you could apply your DoTs then reapply at the 10 stack for mega DoTs.

Remember that PPM is a completely random proc rate. You could see chains of procs like you see with Jade Spirit currently which has a 2 real PPM proc rate. Surely you have seen multiple Jade Spirit procs...trinkets could proc the same way, but it will be uncommon. This means that depending on trinket proc rates, your DPS could be really high or just pretty good. As of now, I'm sticking with my two pre-season favorite trinkets listed in my BiS profile. More work will come once simulated in Simcraft.

That's crazy. You also wouldn't need Wushoolay's to proc immediately after it came off ICD if you're utilizing Pandemic. You'll be benefitting from the trinket for a good 20 seconds. Even if it procs 10 seconds after it comes off ICD you'll have 4-5 stacks built up before you need to refresh any dots. Heaven forbid if it does proc immediately once its off ICD...

/drool

Yeah I just told my Mage roommate that either that trinket will be nerfed, Affliction will be nerfed, or Affliction will rule the world once they acquire that trinket. Applying DoTs with 13330 Intellect is INSANE...maintaining it at almost 100% uptime? WHAT? Super awesome.

Looks like i go after Valor trinket in first couple weeks to replace RoY 2/2 and after go for BotH or mainly WFC Edited by JvChequer

LotC has a way higher uptime. I have LotC at 43% uptime while BotH is around 21%, or half. I'll evaluate once they are programmed into Simcraft. I'm taking off work on Friday, so if they're not programmed in tomorrow, I won't get around to handle it until Monday at the earliest.

I still don't agree with the chosen off-piece. Here's the stats of the two combination disregarding gems, but keeping socket bonuses(Off-head vs. Off-legs):

inv_helm_cloth_raidwarlock_m_01.jpgHood of the Crimson Wake + inv_pant_cloth_raidwarlock_m_01.jpgLeggings of the Thousandfold Hells

=

3418 Int

1970 Haste

1073 Mastery

480 Hit (Reforged from Crit)

721 Crit

Total of secondaries - Crit = 3523

inv_helm_cloth_raidwarlock_m_01.jpgHood of the Thousandfold Hells + inv_pant_cloth_raidwarlock_m_01.jpgAl'set's Tormented Leggings

=

3238 Int

1926 Hit

1242 Mastery

995 Haste

180 Crit

Total of secondaries - Crit = 4163

While using the helm as an off-piece results in 180 int, you garner 640 rating in secondaries the other way. That's better.

Also, it's odd that the only on-use trinkets are healer and tank trinkets. All the DPS ones are random proc ICD's. If Wushoo works out the way you've theorized, it seems an on-use trinket would be better (so long as you don't have engineering) in the 2nd slot because something like Breath of the Hydra would be useless if it procs during a Wushoo DoT set. It's completely out-gunned. Better to have an on-use trinket to stack the Wushoo hits even harder.

Edited by Kaboozey

I still don't agree with the chosen off-piece. Here's the stats of the two combination disregarding gems, but keeping socket bonuses(Off-head vs. Off-legs):

inv_helm_cloth_raidwarlock_m_01.jpgHood of the Crimson Wake + inv_pant_cloth_raidwarlock_m_01.jpgLeggings of the Thousandfold Hells

=

3418 Int

1970 Haste

1073 Mastery

480 Hit (Reforged from Crit)

721 Crit

Total of secondaries - Crit = 4163

inv_helm_cloth_raidwarlock_m_01.jpgHood of the Thousandfold Hells + inv_pant_cloth_raidwarlock_m_01.jpgAl'set's Tormented Leggings

=

3238 Int

1926 Hit

1242 Mastery

995 Haste

180 Crit

Total of secondaries - Crit = 3523

While using the helm as an off-piece results in 180 int, you garner 640 rating in secondaries the other way. That's better.

Also, it's odd that the only on-use trinkets are healer and tank trinkets. All the DPS ones are random proc ICD's. If Wushoo works out the way you've theorized, it seems an on-use trinket would be better (so long as you don't have engineering) in the 2nd slot because something like Breath of the Hydra would be useless if it procs during a Wushoo DoT set. It's completely out-gunned. Better to have an on-use trinket to stack the Wushoo hits even harder.

You're adding a lot of unnecessary Hit. With the BiS list I posted, I was already over hit cap and had to reforge out of some. Your get up may end up a couple of hundred DPS higher, but it would make me go back and redo all my reforges...not yet, please no more!

The way I calculated the BiS list was to compare fully itemized items in each slot and take the highest theoretical DPS pieces. Because Hit rating won't be in shortage anymore, I took the best available option that worked in sync with other pieces without sacrificing gemming and such. This is also based off of stat weights in 5.1, so this list was meant as a tentative BiS list. No one here is going to have this entire set within 3 months, so it should serve as eye candy, not a goal to work towards.

Yeah, I would, too...but if you ever depended on getting a perfect enchantment out of a random enchantment, you'd more often be disappointed...I went with more of a sure bet, but it could obviously be changed if these dropped and were worth more.

from my testing the 4s is not working with dot ticks procing from Drainsoul,it does for MG even the tooltip updates when having 4peice on, and yes i have been testing on a sub 20% target, anyone seeing the same thing or iam i missing something here?

You should be able to do the testing without a target being sub 20%. Drain Soul still functions normally, it just doesn't increase the tick damage by the extra execute amount. You should still be able to see whether or not the extra 5% happens with the 4pc bonus regardless of the target being in execute range.

Crit chance does snapshot now.

We made a pass at all of the class dots and made them snapshot crit chance. This will have implications in any simulations out there.

He went on to explain that the only exception is Shadow for exceedingly overpowered reasons. Vision of Lei-Shen is going to be stupidly powerful in the right hands, but not great if you're not gaming it properly.

We'll see if this makes it live. Snapshotting a 15000 Intellect bonus along with a 100% crit chance will make RNG give Affliction the best DPS parses possible because we could have a 30k Intellect 100% crit chance 10 stack of Agony for 40 seconds. With decent RNG, but not incredibly difficult to obtain, one could keep this bonus on Agony permanent with careful monitoring of procs.

It sounds like they're keeping an eye on it, but the discussion was specifically about this trinket and they seem more interested in Boomkins and Shadow Priests.

Besides, the odds of Unerring Vision proccing right when Wushoolay's is on it's final stages seems . . .unrealistic.