FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.2 Warlock T15 Set Bonus & BiS List

Yeah, drop the T14. I know the set bonus is nice, but upgrading from 496 to 522 is usually about 350-400 Intellect on Chest, Legs, and Helm. Those three pieces alone are costing you upwards of 1200 Intellect, let alone the secondary stats. For Warlocks this tier, the 2pc is nice during burst phases, but the 4pc bonus for all 3 specs is largely negligible when comparing more than a 13 ilvl difference. Basically heroic gear > normal tier. I have to do some testing to see if 541 is better than 535 tier. Might not be worth it to break the set bonus for a single piece upgrade, but the overall upgrade with more pieces may be worth more.

Would the same be true for Normal vs LFR? I have 4 piece T15. All but one is LFR. I currently have a 522 Legs sitting in my bags, and enough VP to buy the chest.

The item level gap between LFR and normal gear is MUCH greater than it was in previous tiers. For example, LFR gear in MSV was 476 while normal was 489. HoF and ToES were 483 and 496, respectively, for a 13 ilvl difference which was equal to the difference between normal and heroic gear. This tier, LFR gear is 502 and normal gear is 522/528 creating as high as a 26 item level difference, or TWICE that of the previous tiers. The accumulation of Intellect and secondary stats will outweigh the set bonuses we were given this tier by a long shot.

I answered this post in a private message. For others interested, comparing 522 Tier to 528 gear isn't going to find you a whole helluva lot of difference. The issue here is the 4 set bonus being rather...dull for Destro and Demonology. It's probably a decent gain for Affliction, but even still it's hardly gamebreaking like our T14 4pc was. Prioritize the 2 set bonus any way you can. If your best options include the 4pc, take it. If you're comparing a 522 tier piece to a 522 better itemized piece, take the tier if it'll complete the 4 set bonus, but take the off-piece if it won't.

TL;DR: 4 set bonus is not the objective, but if you acquire it passively, cool

I believe 4tp for Affliction it's pretty much "meh" too, with Supremacy. Maybe with 4tp and Bis Gear, 4tp works and put ahead Sacrifice por Affliction, since affects more sacrifice because the high dmg of Malefic grasp and Drain Soul.

If that is the case should I get rid of some haste? I have like 12k+ haste.. I know this affects my pets attack speed but if I take sacrifice would it not be better to take some away for mastery?

If that is the case should I get rid of some haste? I have like 12k+ haste.. I know this affects my pets attack speed but if I take sacrifice would it not be better to take some away for mastery?

Nope, rppm is that stupid.

Heroic best in slot doesn't have 4pc for any spec. 3 Thunderforged items, caveat being they need to be optimized better than tier, outweighs the bonus of the 4pc. If you have normal 4pc and 3 heroic pieces, its even better to use the heroic stuff.

Heroic best in slot doesn't have 4pc for any spec. 3 Thunderforged items, caveat being they need to be optimized better than tier, outweighs the bonus of the 4pc. If you have normal 4pc and 3 heroic pieces, its even better to use the heroic stuff.

i think that is poor execution on Blizzards part... our tier should be a gain. I feel like since our last tier was so good they feel this one must be less exciting.

They have succeeded if that is the case, lol.

It's just another case of Blizzard balancing our current performance with items. Honestly, I can't hold it against them. Warlocks are in a great spot right now and if they made an amazing 4-piece for us, then they'd have to tweak our numbers. It's much easier to tweak the numbers on something that will eventually be replaced.

i think that is poor execution on Blizzards part... our tier should be a gain. I feel like since our last tier was so good they feel this one must be less exciting.

They have succeeded if that is the case, lol.

Four piece is a gain, but unlike every other tier ever, we have access to a *technically* unlimited supply of gear that is 6 ilvl above tier by default. Obviously you can argue the limitations of time and probability, but I know people in 25mans with almost all of their TF bis right now. So, now we not only have to weigh the value of off pieces, but thunderforged off pieces, when considering our decision.

• Like 1

Four piece is a gain, but unlike every other tier ever, we have access to a *technically* unlimited supply of gear that is 6 ilvl above tier by default. Obviously you can argue the limitations of time and probability, but I know people in 25mans with almost all of their TF bis right now. So, now we not only have to weigh the value of off pieces, but thunderforged off pieces, when considering our decision.

And in 5.3, *upgraded* thunderforged off pieces. =P

And in 5.3, *upgraded* thunderforged off pieces. =P

If only I had one of those to upgrade.....;<

Hey, Im very confused about this of the 4p set benefits. Mr Robot says i should keep my 4p for destro, even when my hands are from LFR (502), but replace them for my 522 hands for demon...

It's pretty much MEH for all specs.. :( When i was playing demo i enjoyed my 4 piece since i could get my energy sustained so long.. if i got a nice offpiece thunderforged/heroic i'm dropping my set bonus.. hands down.

so running affliction, with 3/4 tier and currently using the 522 Fire Support Robes...would it be worth swapping that out for the LFR tier chest? Seems like a big loss in stats, but not sure if the 4p would negate that.

No. 522 to 502 to pick up 5% MG and DS damage isn't worth it.

• Like 1