FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.2 Warlock T15 Set Bonus & BiS List

If only i could get uneering i would switch to demo.. without them demo is still a little lackluster for me

About 4TP bonus:

Considering you are doing 80% of your dps - 20% comes from pet - It's an average 2.5-3% dps gain. In a tank n' spank fight.

In multi-target fight and heavy-movement fights when u lower your numbers of Malefic grasp and Drain Soul casts, the bonus is even lower.

So...trading LFR 2 Pieces for both 522 or Thunderforged and 522 2 pieces for Heroic one it's a dps gain.

In my case, I'm using a 502 Legs instead a Thunderforged Normal one because the 3k dps gain it's not higher than 2-3% of my dps, I will do some math in future but it's probably something like that.

PS: Both Set bonuses for Affliction it's better for Sacrifice users, but unless you have the gear to compensate the use of Sacrifice and the fight be Tank n' spank, i pretty sure it's not enough to surpassed Supremacy, only with high gear and tank n' spank, as I said.

Am I right or not?

Edited by JvChequer

The set bonuses are rather lackluster for all 3 specs, and your analysis is spot on. Affliction's set bonus of doing 5% more damage with DS and MG is rather tame. The set bonus under Dark Soul is wonderful, but outside of that 20 seconds every 2 minutes, the set bonus dissolves into nothingness. The 2pc should have been a permanent thing, but maybe to a lesser degree...perhaps increasing Haunt's duration to 10 seconds regardless of Dark Soul. Alas, I am not a developer. Thus, we are stuck with pretty crappy Affliction bonuses.

I'm rather disappointed with all of them. Even generating 10% additional Demonic Fury is hardly noticeable. Let's not even talk about that 8% chance to double your embers with Incinerate. T15 bonuses were such a let down from the T14 ones...let's hope T16 comes around.

I think they're nerfing warlocks in "stealth" to dmg control, like they do in Set bonuses and Legendary meta gem.

That's crap, because you feel that other classes "evolved" and have a major impact of upgrades than you.

In Multi-target fights like Horridon, Primordius, tortos, council, etc.. we dont even any bonus, nowadays warlocks can make 2 tiers, one for Tank n' spank with Thunderforged and Heroic itens and other with any of your tier bonuses for Multi-target and low-MG uptime fights.

Edited by JvChequer

Chayes is a special situation. They went over this in blue posts on the ptr forums a long while back. The crit thing is just for flavor. Similar to how more attacks per minute =/= more procs per minute for RPPM trinkets, crit functions the same way. If you don't get many crits, you have a larger chance for the next crit to proc the trinket, if you do then its lesser, etc. You get the same number of RPPM as if it were any other trinket, it just only procs off crit, *flavor.*

IIRC, at least, I'll double check later.

You heard what I heard. Still lame that I haven't acquired this or Breath to do live testing on my own. I believe I had someone test if Chaos Bolt and Soulfire proc'd it since they are guaranteed crits and I believe that person told me yes. It's just like all the other trinkets...clearly favored towards some classes more than others.

We got both Megaera and Ji-kun HC down today, I bonus rolled 541 chest from Ji-kun, does it worth to drop 4pc for it? I was reading that 4pc isn't that good for any spec and I was thinking about getting 541 legs from Jin'rokh, 541 gloves from Jin'rokh(which already have) or Durumu, 541 chest from Ji-kun. I have 2/3 of them now and if Jin drops the legs anytime soon I will get it. 541 chest-gloves + 3 pc 522 t15 simming 3k higher than 4 pc but I don't trust simcraft on lesser than 5k differences so I'm open for suggestions.

I dropped my 502 LFR Tier Chest and took the 535 Chest from Ji-Kun and noticed a much higher DPS output. The 4 set is really trivial. I was generating the shit out of my Demonic Fury without the 4 set. I really think it'll be important to have the 2 set for Dark Soul burst, but the 4 set is trivial. Grats on your upgrades! We got Primordius and Meg down this week, so next week we work on Durumu...yay :/

You almost have to be Destruction. Mannoroth's Fury and constant AoE. Basically Heroic Primordius is heroic for the Warlock and normal mode for everyone else. You just do nothing but kill adds 100% of the time until the boss is sub 15%. Then you nuke him down.

Can't I be Affliction with high mastery and multi dot everything? That's what I did last night in normal and worked pretty well to be honest. I kinda dislike Destruction now and I hope I won't have to play Destruction for a while.

How can you not love fast-paced, high-numbered, green-fired happiness?! You straight cray-cray.

I seem to struggle on multi target Destruction situtation, I was doing okay on Horridon progression but Rain of Fire is a mechanic I don't like even for AoEing. Because of that I didn't played Desturction on Megaera progression and I don't think I will play it on Primordius progression either.

You have to kill things faster than letting DoTs tick on them. Fire and Brimstone: Incinerate was my highest damage source on kill (I disconnected for 58 seconds, so things look bad for me). Your raid team needs you to kill them to stay fully mutuated. I don't see how Affliction or Demo can get that job done.

We have 2-3 Shadow Priests, 1-2 Affliction Warlocks and 1-2 Destruction Warlocks in our raid setup. Only priests and me dotting everything should be enough I think but I've never been on that encounter yet.

On Heroic, you need to have TONS of adds dead. In 10 man, with me soloing the bloods, it was BARELY enough to keep everyone fully mutated. On 25 man, I can imagine the situation being a little more difficult to keep going. You have to kite him really fast to not have the bloods reach him. Destro kills much faster than Affliction. Rain of Fire is almost passive while you're also doing tons of AoE with Fire and Brimstone.

You almost have to be Destruction. Mannoroth's Fury and constant AoE. Basically Heroic Primordius is heroic for the Warlock and normal mode for everyone else. You just do nothing but kill adds 100% of the time until the boss is sub 15%. Then you nuke him down.

No idea where you're pulling your strat, but most guilds just use the kite strat and ignore adds past the first 2 minutes or so of the fight. Destro's strength doesn't come from add dps, it comes from CB spam on the boss. If you're worried about add dps, affliction is actually better for that fight. There are any number of parses that prove that affliction is 100x times better for killing adds, but destruction consistently rapes them on boss damage. The only reason destro has so much 'add damage' is RoF, which effectively doesn't actually kill any of them, just tickles their faces every half second and gives you buttloads of embers.

Edited by gahhda

Hello fellow warlocks!

I am currently at 511 ilvl, maining demo - with affli as OS.

I am wondering/having thoughts about the BiS;

Why is it that the t15 4p is BiS?

- since there are numerous other items in the respected slots (head/hands/legs) that give more and better stats than the thousandfold hell items.

The 10% more DF gained from the 4p is somewhat miniscule, making it rather unnoticeable.

I currently see that t15 2p is a must, but the t15 4p isn't worth aiming for (in the eyes of demo)..

Any answer will be much appriciated.

I'm likely going to change the BiS list to accomodate that type of look. I personally don't care much for the 4 set bonus and have moved from it to take better itemized gear. BiS lists are purely for amusement anyways. It's pretty standard to chase BiS gear by wanting Haste and Mastery. Having a list is just something to look at. Expecting Thunderforged drops makes this even more of a meaningless objective.

If you are in a medium progressing guild, I would recommend 541 Gloves and Pants from Jin'rokh, 541 Chest from Ji-kun, heroic tier shoulders from Iron Qon and normal tier helm from Dark Animus. This items only require 3-4 heroics for a 10 man guild because Iron Qon and Ji-kun are easier bosses for 10man. For a 25man guild you might need 6-7 heroics because Iron Qon is a tougher dps-healing check for 25man.

I'm currently still holding on to my old t14 4-set bonus (normal version). Partly because we're 5 people fighting over the same tokens but also because of what I read here (I think?) in regards to holding on to it until t15 4p. We're working on Horridon HC right now and I'm still in these 496/504 pieces and lately I'm thinking it's just a bad idea to skip that many ilevels of upgrade for the sake of a set bonus (albeit a great one). Am I making a mistake in holding on so dearly to this old bonus?

To add to that, I'm playing Destruction for the most part with an Affliction off-spec. Can anyone enlighten me with your experience on the new 4-set? Do or don't for Destruction? Is the t15 4p great or am I better off trying for Thunderforged offpieces?

I'm currently still holding on to my old t14 4-set bonus (normal version). Partly because we're 5 people fighting over the same tokens but also because of what I read here (I think?) in regards to holding on to it until t15 4p. We're working on Horridon HC right now and I'm still in these 496/504 pieces and lately I'm thinking it's just a bad idea to skip that many ilevels of upgrade for the sake of a set bonus (albeit a great one). Am I making a mistake in holding on so dearly to this old bonus?

To add to that, I'm playing Destruction for the most part with an Affliction off-spec. Can anyone enlighten me with your experience on the new 4-set? Do or don't for Destruction? Is the t15 4p great or am I better off trying for Thunderforged offpieces?

If you can upgrade all of those pieces to 522 you'll see an increase in DPS. I was surprised myself when I dropped my T14 4p for the T15 2p (one was LFR). The ilvls make a huge difference here, definitely more than the T14 4p can give. I was Destruction when I made the change and never looked back. The T15 2 piece isn't even that good, which really attests to how good the 522 improvements are.

Yeah, drop the T14. I know the set bonus is nice, but upgrading from 496 to 522 is usually about 350-400 Intellect on Chest, Legs, and Helm. Those three pieces alone are costing you upwards of 1200 Intellect, let alone the secondary stats. For Warlocks this tier, the 2pc is nice during burst phases, but the 4pc bonus for all 3 specs is largely negligible when comparing more than a 13 ilvl difference. Basically heroic gear > normal tier. I have to do some testing to see if 541 is better than 535 tier. Might not be worth it to break the set bonus for a single piece upgrade, but the overall upgrade with more pieces may be worth more.