Archimonde Issues

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys, i'm just looking for some extended assistance with Archimonde (H) as I've still yet to land a kill on this fucker gentleman.

My guild has tried a number of strategies such as the normal 2 banish group strat, the all in on the 2nd banish to 1-shot the Netherwalker and get out asap to nuke infernals & the boss strat, and others. Regardless of the strategy we use we most commonly wipe on the 2nd set of infernals and it just seems like our boss damage is really low when we really need it in that last phase.

For the fight I usually run Destruction because it's does well to kill the Deathcallers & Doomfires, and i also usually get sent in banish groups. Affliction seems to be good for boss damage and has decent add damage, but in my opinion Destruction seems just better suited for it.

Anyway, looking for any general advice to improve on this fight, it's pretty annoying not knowing how to push myself further to land this kill.

Recent Logs (I am the only lock)

I am aware the class trinket (destro) is lack luster on the Archimonde fight unless you're able to micro it well, but I have yet to get a mythic ore trinket and the only substitute I have at the moment is the Prophecy trinket, which is also pretty meh. Would forking over the 40k for a Sandman's trinket be worth it in this case?

Also a few self-notes from looking at the logs, it seems:

a.) My immolate uptime could be better, would love to bump it to a consistent 90%~.

b.) Tried to havoc as many times as I could but perhaps it's simply not enough.

c.) My damage seems to just die off in the last phase, perhaps panicking or a lot of movement to avoid the RoC damage (it's worth noting that a few pulls we tried just healing through the RoC damage, which might lead to why people get hit by it so many times).

d.) My Dark Soul usage seems pretty off, will look to fix.

f.) Perhaps KJ's Cunning?

Any advice is appreciated. 

Edited by Aix

Well, I am not great at reading logs, but you are using Heroism kind of late in the fight. I suggest using it right after the first group comes out of the Nether banish.  Save the ring proc for then as well.  If everyone is alive, you have a nice long window for everyone to just pew pew the boss and burn him down quick.  If your dps is strong enough he shouldn't last much longer than the third nether banish.

[EDIT:  More importantly, looking at your logs, you are not handling raid mechanics correctly with the Infernal Doombringers.  They cast Eternal Flame which heals other Infernals within 8 yards.  It looks like you might have them stacked and thus they are healing each other.

The more they heal, the longer they take to kill, thus you have less uptime on the boss.  Also they have a pulse AOE after a bit, so if you let them live too long, they wipe the raid]

Edited by Scathbais

Hey, just thought i'd give you an update if you care :P.

We killed H Archimonde as the iLvl bumps rolled out, guess we just needed a bit more damage >.<. We were aware that they heal each other when stacked, our taunts with them seemed very off though haha.

I'm still struggling to find a use for the class trinket though (destro), so I just use sandman's most of the time.

Current Armory

Logs from the kill

Cheers :D!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now