FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Curinir

Mythic Mannoroth Demo questions.

Hello,

I am starting Mannoroth progression very soon and I have been asked to play Demo to take care of the imps. I've looked up a few videos and have drawn different conclusions from each. My main question is should I go for the T17 4 piece or T18? I drop about 9 ilvls with T17, but I imagine the extra Chaos Wave plus HoG regeneration from Corruption would be quite helpful.

In current gear levels you don't need 4pc T17, the Imps will usually melt in 1 or 2 Chaos Waves anyway. Just make sure to place your Felguard at the spawn location a few seconds prior and get him Felstorming immediately. 

Excellent, thanks! Since this is the case, I highly doubt Cataclysm is necessary either.

Cata is like 20% of my and our other warlock's damage during Manno. You're basically there for 1 reason, make imps go POOF. Early in the fight this isn't all that hard, later in the fight when everyone is busy with 7 other mechanics and the imps spawn - cata and your waves might be the only damage that hits them. So make it count.

Cata is mandatory, yes.  No question there.  You'll want to find the timing that's just right to pre-cast it and make sure it hits all the imps just as they're gripped in.  That should let you get your 2x CW off on them as well.  My sequence was something like this:

4s until Imps:  Get Felguard into place and go Meta

3s until Imps: Immolation Aura, Felstorm, Dark Soul (ToC for any extra globals)

2s until Imps: Cast Cataclysm

Then 2x Chaos wave when they're gripped

*We had all imps gripped directly under boss so your strategy may differ and you may need a different sequence*

But your top 4 damaging abilities should be: Chaos Wave, Cataclysm, Felstorm, Immolation Aura.

As for T17 vs T18.  I tried out all sorts of combinations of gear/trinkets in ~200 wipes and ultimately T18 with the class trinket was what I came to appreciate most.  Never short of MC procs, never short on fury for Immolate Aura and 2x CW for Imp spawns, and plenty of use for ToC whenever you have to move (Marks, Felseeker, Shadowforce).  

Last minor tip I'll note is that sometimes the Infernals end up landing in a nice clump and you should have a chance to HoG them and the charge will refresh in time for the next Imp spawn.   

• Like 2

Pretty much exactly how I approached it.

The only additional caveats I would add:

- Demon Rush (T18 2pc) refreshes upon hit, not upon cast. At the start it was falling off a lot in p1, to get around this try to always Soul Fire before each mechanic. Also the hitbox of the boss might be massive but spells take about 2 days to reach him, so if you can refresh off of closer targets like Infernals or Doomlords.

- Chaos Wave will not deal any damage to surrounding targets if the main target dies before CW hits. To circumvent this you should use more durable targets as the focus point of your burst when AoEing. There were a couple of occasions where Infernals or Doomlords would be nicely positioned in the middle of the Imps (we gripped behind the boss) to cleave off of.

- Refresh your Demonic Portal in p2 and p3, however be careful when refreshing near the pillar. It can sometimes bug out and not work. Be mindful of placing portal in caster form as it can bug out in meta too.

• Like 1

Excellent, thank you guys. You're the greatest. One theory question that occurred to me... Do you think the Class trinket would be exchangeable with the new heirloom trinket? I've been toying with it on other fights and it does great damage, but I'm not sure if it would outweigh the loss of imps.

It's definitely viable, yes. The trinket procs a lot and would add some nice burst to the Imps and just overall on boss damage. 

Class trinket is nice for retaining high Fury and Molten Core stacks, however I'd suggest you play around with what works best for you and experiment with both.

So I actually ended up going Destruction for this fight. My guild only has one DK, so mass grip is very awkward. I still am doing insane imp damage, though. And our two warriors put in work as well.

Destro is definitely viable - especially for Imp damage.  Can really abuse Havoc.  But when I play it I really, really miss the mobility and QoL that Demo provides.