FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Peelyon

Things in WoW that make you cringe

• Those who keep writing "rouge" (it means red in French)

Oh god, think this has to be definitely within my top 5! I just can't understand why so many people get it wrong! People putting it in their rogue character names too. It's even there on the frakkin create a character page. Rage! Posted Image

Trying to tame a certain pet from molten front when it spawns in it's weird place instead of the easier place. And it taking TWO hours. TWO!! Posted Image

Plox, plx, thx, lol,Lolz, rofl and any other random crap like this but the one that gets me the most is gief! What is that!!! Plox isn't far behind in cringe worthiness though!

• Like 3

LFR... Pretty much every aspect of it. Whether it's the hunter that decides to MD pull while everyone is getting mana, people need rolling on gear they dont need, 100% failure to follow any sort of fight mechanic, wiping numerous times on a boss then watching everyone play the blame game... But Blizz did do a great job at managing to get a large number of genuine terrible players in the same place at the same time, so kudos to that.

Weird, I didn't see that :P

Well, you should have seen LFR on the PTR when they first introduced it. We repeatedly ran the dungeons because it was the easiest way for us to get information on the fight mechanics, and we wiped dozens and dozens of time during the same run to clear the entire thing...

And right now, I'm going crazy on the beta. You have these daily quests in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. Basically, every day you get a chance to be given one of three different daily quest lines. And there's one I've yet to see entirely because every time I get it, one of the initial quests is bugged and I can't progress any further :(

I hate queuing for an Heroic when the Satchel of Exotic Mysteries is there, and then when I finally get a group - the bag is no longer offered as a reward .. pfft! It was the only reason I queued in the first place!

I hate that almost every time I port to SW I accidentally click the blasted lands portal while running down the mage tower. ><

That never happened to me! :P

I can't stand people who sit on quest givers with their uber-large mounts.

People looking for group / members for Baradin Hold when either :-

[a] - Our faction don't control Tol Barad

- Tol Barad is in progress

[c] - It's about 5 - 10 minutes until the fight for Tol Barad starts.

And you tell these people that they can't do Baradin Hold... and then they just carry on looking for group / members .. Idiots!

• Like 2

This just happened and wasn't staged... Bad player is bad.

Posted Image

Or it could be trolling.

Trust me, I have too many trolls in my public chat. One time my friend asked in SW chat what kind of herbs that you need to make Cataclysm ink (Scribes) and apparently most of them suggested Peacebloom, and for him being a newbie, he bought it.

I facepalmed.

I think it hasn't been mentioned yet, but being a Mage, I often get asked for portals. And it's just unbelievable the number of people who don't bother saying "hello" and "please".

• Like 1

I think it hasn't been mentioned yet, but being a Mage, I often get asked for portals. And it's just unbelievable the number of people who don't bother saying "hello" and "please".

Said it time and again that mages should be able to craft "portal stones" that can have a cooldown or whatever, but can be sold on the AH or traded. Would save sooooo much time. Plus would keep mages making the money they always have too :)

I don't mind being asked much but I HATE when folk just group with you and assume that you will make them a portal... Particularly when they are in a completely different city to you, but since you are a mage it is no hassel to port there, make them a portal, then continue on your merry way. Plus you don't need paying for that do you?

What makes me shudder the most is that there are people on my server who just about everyone on the horde has ignored due to the extensive, pointless, trollish arguments they have with each other every day in Org. Sometimes people in my guild will un-ignore them and watch the stupidity unfold if they are feeling particularly bored.

• Like 2

1. Trolls! I can't take it anymore.. I can't afk in capitals because of trade chat trolling.

2. "Pros" The ppl who think they're better than others and won't stop flaming if you try to help them to do right things, and blame everyone else if they do something wrong (i.e stand in bad stuff and die while watching dps meter)

3. Beggers! I can't stand people who asks for gold when you can do couple of dailies or maybe some instances to get gold. I'm not going to give free money to anyone, loans to guildies and irl mates can be discussed. I'm willing to give some tips how to make money (not great ones because I don't make that much money, can't even afford new enchants everytime)

4. Gankers! Other day I was fishing in IF and didn't do any harm. Next thing I know, some warrior in full cataclysmic comes and sweeps the floor with me. After I ran to my corpse and ressed, he killed me again, this happened 25 times(I'm stubborn and won't leave).

5. Same old quests over and over again. I love leveling new alts but I hate the same quests.

6. PvP! I do not like it, that's it.

E: everything on trade channel that starts with "anal"!

Edited by Kermaperuna

E: everything on trade channel that starts with "anal"!

I get the same on my server :P

The thing that makes me cringe is the fact that I let a lvl 83 guild member borrow 200 gold with the promise that he would pay me back the next day which is not hard to do at level 83. Stupid me feel for it hook line and sinker he has not logged back on since I'm sure he has more than this one toon most likely in another guild. Its just sad when you cant even trust your own guildies.I did however learn from this and it more less ruins it for the rest of the guild even the good players that would be honest and pay you back.

What makes me cringe?

Seeing Aggra's cold, emotionally dead, expressionless face every damn time I kill Deathwing.

She's like the Kristen Stewart of the Orc world.

What made me cringe yesterday was while merrily questing away in Beta, I accidentily turn on my pvp, and get ganked right away.....and even camped after that.

I can expect something like that on live servers, but on Beta? What's the point?

The thing that makes me cringe is the fact that I let a lvl 83 guild member borrow 200 gold with the promise that he would pay me back the next day which is not hard to do at level 83. Stupid me feel for it hook line and sinker he has not logged back on since I'm sure he has more than this one toon most likely in another guild. Its just sad when you cant even trust your own guildies.I did however learn from this and it more less ruins it for the rest of the guild even the good players that would be honest and pay you back.

200g is quite cheap for a lesson learned ;)

Some of the things that make me cringe is:

1) People who troll someone who may genuinely be seeking advice on a specific class/spec. Also the people that fall for it. Perfect example: There's a guy in my alliance guild has a warlock. Apparently someone, somewhere, told him that as demo he should be using his imp....my main is a demo lock.

1a) People who refuse to listen to advice on a toon they're not 100% familiar with....especially when they know the person offering advice knows what they're talking about.

2) As mentioned earlier, people who call you by your role/class name. I can kind of see it if typing a short version of their name would look weird...but when they clearly have an actual legit name? a name like Erinnea, seriously, it's fewer letters to type Erin, than it is to type Druid.

3) The people that whine about "this server is dead" or "this server sucks for pve/pvp"...even those the make fun of RPers on an RP realm, to the point where there seems to be no RP at all.....seriously, if you have that much of a problem with it, go to a different server!

and lastly (for now)...

4) People who call out decisions that the raid leader should be calling. If one person dies, and the raid leader thinks you can still puch further, don't call out "wipe it" unless the raid leader has already done so.