Vlad

Hearthstone Giantfin

4 posts in this topic

I defeated Heroic Giantfin with this F2P deck.

Giantfin's hero power automatically draws two cards every turn. This can be extremely oppressive since he gains the ability to flood the board with Murlocs every turn and then buff them as soon as you are unable to provide an answer. When not being buffed by one of the bigger Murlocs, the vast majority of his minions only have 1 health, making small board clears very effective.
Remove all Grimscale Oracles, Murloc Warleaders and Murloc Tidecallers but ignore the others.
Because of Giantfin's Murloc reviving spell you might want to concede, if Murloc Warleader or Old Murk-Eye are played on turn 3 or 4.

F2P Mage (0 Dust)
Inspiration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK71LXWYyls&feature=youtu.be

2x Arcane Missiles
2x Elven Archer
2x Arcane Explosion
2x Frostbolt
2x Huge Toad
2x Jeweled Scarab
1x Brann Bronzebeard
2x Dalaran Mage
2x Forgotten Torch
2x Frost Nova
2x Animated Armor
2x Water Elemental
2x Ethereal Conjurer
2x Frostwolf Warlord
2x Summoning Stone
1x Flamestrike

Mulligan for Animated Armor, then Jeweled Scarab. Giantfin will almost always attack your face and ignore Animated Armor.
Combine spells with Summoning Stone. Combine Discover minions with Brann Bronzebeard. Excellent spells are board freezes, Ice Barrier and burn.
Difficulty: Easy (may take up to 5 tries), IF you play Animated Armor on turn 4 and discover heal or freezes.

ejCY05U.jpg

Deck changes for Normal Mode: 2x Sen'jin Shieldmasta instead of 2x Animated Armor.

I defeated Heroic Giantfin with my Dreadlock deck in one attempt. Giantfin simply doesn't know how to deal with the Dreadsteed!

2kWkJMC.png

He had gotten me all the way down to 9, and all I had on the board was a Dreadsteed. Then I played Bane of Doom to finish off one of the bigger murlocs, and it summoned a Mal'Ganis for me! (I have one in my deck as well.) Now that my Dreadsteed was buffed to a 3/3, Giantfin saw it as a threat. The AI couldn't comprehend the resurrection concept, and continuously threw murlocs at the Dreadsteed. A couple murlocs did attack Mal'Ganis though. I have no idea how they decided on how to divvy up attackers. Anyway, with Dreadsteed as a distractor, I cast Demonheart on Mal'Ganis and went face. He only lasted a couple of turns, but it was enough to bring Giantfin within range of my other smaller minions.

I defeated Heroic Giantfin with this F2P deck.

Giantfin's hero power automatically draws two cards every turn. This can be extremely oppressive since he gains the ability to flood the board with Murlocs every turn and then buff them as soon as you are unable to provide an answer. When not being buffed by one of the bigger Murlocs, the vast majority of his minions only have 1 health, making small board clears very effective.

Remove all Grimscale Oracles, Murloc Warleaders and Murloc Tidecallers but ignore the others.

Because of Giantfin's Murloc reviving spell you might want to concede, if Murloc Warleader or Old Murk-Eye are played on turn 3 or 4.

F2P Mage (0 Dust)

Inspiration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK71LXWYyls&feature=youtu.be

2x Arcane Missiles

2x Elven Archer

2x Arcane Explosion

2x Frostbolt

2x Huge Toad

2x Jeweled Scarab

1x Brann Bronzebeard

2x Dalaran Mage

2x Forgotten Torch

2x Frost Nova

2x Animated Armor

2x Water Elemental

2x Ethereal Conjurer

2x Frostwolf Warlord

2x Summoning Stone

1x Flamestrike

Mulligan for Animated Armor, then Jeweled Scarab. Giantfin will almost always attack your face and ignore Animated Armor.

Combine spells with Summoning Stone. Combine Discover minions with Brann Bronzebeard. Excellent spells are board freezes, Ice Barrier and burn.

Difficulty: Easy (may take up to 5 tries), IF you play Animated Armor on turn 4 and discover heal or freezes.

ejCY05U.jpg

Deck changes for Normal Mode: 2x Sen'jin Shieldmasta instead of 2x Animated Armor.

It never ignores the armor, the first thing the boss does is destroy the armor

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor