FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Mummer

Root of the Issue

Hey, I raid with two other Warlocks and to put it bluntly, I feel as if I'm underperforming. Not sure if it's because they have 4pcTier a long with Heroic Elegon Trinket, but I want to find the root of the issue... Can you guys help?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-i8qe9w1qr0pu5wyy/ (I guess you could ignore the Heroic Blade Lord attempts, a long with Sha since I died due to disconnection)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nerzhul/Mummer/simple

Another question, recently came across Regali Elite. Would it be a increase with my gear if I equip that + Jade Fan or should I keep Lei Shi staff equiped?

Obviously better gear = better dps. On top of that though, your DoT uptimes compared to theirs are low. Vizier for example:

You Vex Farn

A 93.7 99.2 98.3

C 89.9 99.2 98.2

UA 81.4 95.8 93.6

Farn also happened to double-pot, where neither Vex nor you did. Finally, your Haunt up time is really low at only 30.3%.

Edit: Sorry for my messy half-assed table.

Edited by Kaboozey

Obviously better gear = better dps. On top of that though, your DoT uptimes compared to theirs are low. Vizier for example:

You Vex Farn

A 93.7 99.2 98.3

C 89.9 99.2 98.2

UA 81.4 95.8 93.6

Farn also happened to double-pot, where neither Vex nor you did. Finally, your Haunt up time is really low at only 30.3%.

Edit: Sorry for my messy half-assed table.

I died on the second platform due to attenuation, and I was MC'd at a bad time too (trinkets popping/Dark Soul).

On another note, I've only been Haunting if I 3/4 shards up and if a lot of my trinkets align. Should I be Haunting MORE than if that's the case?

Edited by Mummer

why would you have a terrible gather skill, and then not use its only perk? line that up with your troll racial, and it'd be so choice.

edit: also, the other two are hitcapped (or .01% shy) and also are at the 4717 haste threshold.

oh, you just changed your wep...so the stats im seeing for oy are all wonky now.

i think i've seen Zag quote that the sha gem alone is 2k dps. I don't think it's a good idea to not use a sha touched wep, especially since you have one and all.

Edited by Gravyspasm

why would you have a terrible gather skill, and then not use its only perk? line that up with your troll racial, and it'd be so choice.

I was meaning to get rid of it for Tailoring, but the price of Silk Cloth on my server is too expensive. I've added it to my macro.

Should I equip Elite Regali + Jade Fan over Jin'Ya 2/2 504 with my gear? Or just stick with Jin'Ya

Edited by Mummer

put jin back on so i can see what you were wearing when you did those fights

Okay. Jin is back in.

So what's the deal with my Haunt? Should I be keeping it up if I have 2 =< shards?

I died on the second platform due to attenuation, and I was MC'd at a bad time too (trinkets popping/Dark Soul).

On another note, I've only been Haunting if I 3/4 shards up and if a lot of my trinkets align. Should I be Haunting MORE than if that's the case?

Ah. Suppose I should have noticed that. I looked at the Protectors fight, but used Vizier as my example since your fellow 'locks played cheaty-face dotting up targets besides the kill target. Even on Protectors, you had sub 98% uptimes on your DoTs. You want as close to 100% as possible (I admit I sometimes slack on UA). In regards to Haunt? Yes. Depending on the encounter and your proc luck, you should have somewhere over 50% uptime. 25% more damage is kinda good.

Edited by Kaboozey

Okay. Jin is back in.

So what's the deal with my Haunt? Should I be keeping it up if I have 2 =< shards?

i was under the impression you should be throwing them out as often as possible, and especially when you get a nightfall proc.

looking over all your kills, you had 89 procs, but only 55 haunts. And while it is safe to assume you would get a proc that can't be used, i dont think it'd be 60% worth

here's one very lopsided example

Posted Image

half of those procs weren't taken advantage of.

Edit: also, you're running 12% hit. and while all your kills show you only missed 22 hits for all boss kills, you might want to look into capping, as the other two locks have done.

doing so will lose you about 5% mastery.

here's a quick run at it

Posted Image

red Chest gem is changes to a keen

red leg gem changed to a reckless.

upgrading your waist again or wrist will get you enough hit that you can go back to the Artful gem in your chest, and still be fairly close to cap (14.96%)

Edited by Gravyspasm

Ah. Suppose I should have noticed that. I looked at the Protectors fight, but used Vizier as my example since your fellow 'locks played cheaty-face dotting up targets besides the kill target. Even on Protectors, you had sub 98% uptimes on your DoTs. You want as close to 100% as possible (I admit I sometimes slack on UA). In regards to Haunt? Yes. Depending on the encounter and your proc luck, you should have somewhere over 50% uptime. 25% more damage is kinda good.

Yeah, for the Elite Protector mode, I found myself TOO far from the last Protector. I think it was my fault because I was playing it too safe with his expel corruption ability.

And UA does annoy me sometimes xD, to be honest lmao. I guess I gotta keep my DOTs up basically.

Lei Shi is tough to use as a measuring stick because of the mechanics of the fight. Between her disappearing, and add phases where I play CC bitch, my dps usually drops under players I'd normally be crushing on the meters. My Haunt uptime for my last kill on her was 49.2% compared to your 21.9%. On the flip side, a fight like Protectors, and you end up swimming in shards. You can toss up Corruptions on the two non-targets for procs. You can switch to kill the water add before it dies for a quick Soul Drain. You get some when Soul Draining the first 2 of the 3 bosses. Our Haunt uptimes for last kills is 69.2% and 41.2%. For 28% of my fight time, I was doing 25% more damage than you were merely through the debuff.

i was under the impression you should be throwing them out as often as possible, and especially when you get a nightfall proc.

looking over all your kills, you had 89 procs, but only 55 haunts. And while it is safe to assume you would get a proc that can't be used, i dont think it'd be 60% worth

Posted Image

half of those procs were taken advantage of.

Lei Shi is tough to use as a measuring stick because of the mechanics of the fight. Between her disappearing, and add phases where I play CC bitch, my dps usually drops under players I'd normally be crushing on the meters. My Haunt uptime for my last kill on her was 49.2% compared to your 21.9%. On the flip side, a fight like Protectors, and you end up swimming in shards. You can toss up Corruptions on the two non-targets for procs. You can switch to kill the water add before it dies for a quick Soul Drain. You get some when Soul Draining the first 2 of the 3 bosses. Our Haunt uptimes for last kills is 69.2% and 41.2%. For 28% of my fight time, I was doing 25% more damage than you were merely through the debuff.

Oh, okay. So basically me under performing against the other two Locks is due to me being too conservative with my Haunts basically? A long with me needing to keep a better eye on my DOTs.

I guess I need to use Fel Flame more often huh?

Oh, okay. So basically me under performing against the other two Locks is due to me being too conservative with my Haunts basically? A long with me needing to keep a better eye on my DOTs.

I guess I need to use Fel Flame more often huh?

Absolutely not. Do NOT use Fel Flame. Manage your DoTs by casting them manually or using Soulburn: Soul Swap.

Oh man. You just called out Zagam. Prepare yourself.

Absolutely not. Do NOT use Fel Flame. Manage your DoTs by casting them manually or using Soulburn: Soul Swap.

LMAO. Sorry Zagam. Alright. I'll keep a better uptime on my DoTs/Haunts.

I guess there's no point in equipping Regali since I don't have the time to upgrade due to 5.2 right around the corner?

added an edit to my previous post that took 30 min to do since my internet went out here at work.

I guess there's no point in equipping Regali since I don't have the time to upgrade due to 5.2 right around the corner?

there's better places to spend VP on the last 3 weeks of upgrades.

You have plenty of time technically. They're NOT resetting Valor with 5.2 according to:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7909111142?page=1#1

So how you do what you do is up to you. Just remember the upgrade vendor will be gone as of 5.2 and that the best upgrades dps-wise boil down to weapons + trinkets. Hopefully the npc returns 5.3 or 5.4 since I really like the upgrade system. Also, you might wanna review (or re-review) this mega-thread which covers a lot of the discussion in this thread:

Posted Image

half of those procs weren't taken advantage of.

Edit: also, you're running 12% hit. and while all your kills show you only missed 22 hits for all boss kills, you might want to look into capping, as the other two locks have done.

doing so will lose you about 5% mastery.

here's a quick run at it

Posted Image

red Chest gem is changes to a keen

red leg gem changed to a reckless.

upgrading your waist again or wrist will get you enough hit that you can go back to the Artful gem in your chest, and still be fairly close to cap (14.96%)

So it would be more beneficial to upgrade waist/wrist soley for the cap?

So it would be more beneficial to upgrade waist/wrist soley for the cap?

not before the relic...which im wondering why that wasnt first

edit: in hindsight, why do you have so few upgrades? i don't really raid, and have 11 (and am prepared for another 4 before it goes away)

Edited by Gravyspasm

not before the relic...which im wondering why that wasnt first

Ignorance on my part. I wasn't aware of the significance of VP upgrades (Wep>Trinket>Other).

Is it safe to drop my mastery that low for hit? I know it's a redundant question.

Ignorance on my part. I wasn't aware of the significance of VP upgrades (Wep>Trinket>Other).

Is it safe to drop my mastery that low for hit? I know it's a redundant question.

i'm only recently a convert to hitcapping (again). previously, i let mine slide down to 9%. i've seen it said that the 12% area is the choice spot if you're not capping. and i've looked at that parse you provided, and you missed basically nothing.

but you're wondering how these other two cats are throwing down harder than you. from a personal standpoint the first thing i'd do is be as close to them as possible. what can i change on the fly? my stats. my uptimes. pour over how they use their cooldowns. do what they do.

if i'm still getting outplayed, then it's more than just numbers. and that's something else entirely.

i'm only recently a convert to hitcapping (again). previously, i let mine slide down to 9%. i've seen it said that the 12% area is the choice spot if you're not capping. and i've looked at that parse you provided, and you missed basically nothing.

but you're wondering how these other two cats are throwing down harder than you. from a personal standpoint the first thing i'd do is be as close to them as possible. what can i change on the fly? my stats. my uptimes. pour over how they use their cooldowns. do what they do.

if i'm still getting outplayed, then it's more than just numbers. and that's something else entirely.

Alright, I see what you're saying. Thanks a lot everyone for the tips.

Moral of the story? Keep DoT uptimes up and cast Haunt every NF proc.

If you haven't done so already, download Affdots. This will help you answer your Haunt question. It lets you know when the dots you're rolling are stronger or weaker than what they would be if you refreshed them as well as giving you a numerical value of exactly how much stronger or weaker they are. You don't want to be using Haunt when you have zero procs up. I usually throw out a Haunt when I've got 2 of my weaker intellect procs or just 1 of my stronger ones. This usually means that when my DoTs have a spell modifier of 120 or more I'll use a haunt (After I've refreshed my dots to apply that 120 modifier of course!). Also if you have 4 shards banked for some reason throw out a Haunt regardless so you won't end up wasting a nightfall if that procs.

DoT power management/proper Haunt usage as well as getting as close to 100% DoT up-time is going to be a huge number changer for you.

Best of Luck!

Edited by Cruzan
  • Like 1