Topic Details

Hunter Tier 15 (T15) Set Bonuses

4 replies to this topic Started by Damien, Feb 14 2013 08:28 PM hunter tier 15 bonus
- - - - -
  • Please log in to reply

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France
T15 Hunter 2P Bonus - Your Steady Shot and Cobra Shot have a chance to summon a Thunderhawk to fight for you for the next 10 sec. T15 Hunter 4P Bonus - Your Arcane Shot, Multi-Shot, and Aimed Shot have a chance to trigger a Lightning Arrow at the target, dealing 100% weapon damage as Nature.

Join us on IRC! | server: irc.quakenet.org | port: 6667 | channel: #icy-veins

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

Soultrain
  • Soultrain
  • Worker
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
Will the thunderhawk from the 2P get the mastery bonus for BM hunters? Will that put them back on top?

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:00 AM

Murmuur
  • Murmuur
  • Vagrant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR

Will the thunderhawk from the 2P get the mastery bonus for BM hunters? Will that put them back on top?

While the 2-set benefits from BM's mastery, the 4-set benefits from survival's. However, they have different proc chances depending on your spec (BM has the lowest chance to proc the 2-set, and surv has the lowest chance for the 4-set, pretty sure).

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France
I've been working on implementing these set bonuses into simulation craft, so I've spent a lot of time on the 2-piece bonus. so here are a few findings or confirmations of things that were announced. The Thunderhawk only casts Lightning Blast. At low haste levels, it casts it 5 times. As you increase your haste, the chance to get 6 casts increases. At some point, you get a chance to have 7 casts, and so on. I'll get back when I have computed values. Lightning Blast does not scale with Attack Power, so it always does 20k damage, in average. If you are playing a Beast Mastery Hunter, then it scales with your Mastery, so if you have 25% Mastery, then your Lightning Blast will always do 25k damage, in average. Lightning Blast can critically strike, according to your own critical strike chance. It can also miss, regardless of your chance to miss, so we believe that it may be a bug. Also, the proc for the Thunderhawk is on a set value per minute: 0.7 PPM (Procs Per Minute) for Beast Mastery, 1 PPM for Marksmanship, and 1.2 for Survival. I still want to test whether having more Haste Rating causes the Thunderhawk to proc more often, but it is hard to get conclusive data (with 1 proc per minute, I'll let you judge how long I need to test :P).

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:31 AM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France
Actually, after further testing, it seems that recount was not properly working, and that Haste has no influence on the amount of casts of Lightning Blast by the Thunderhawk.

Active Users

0 user(s) are browsing this forum 0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users