Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

Hunter Tier 15 (T15) Set Bonuses

5 posts in this topic

Will the thunderhawk from the 2P get the mastery bonus for BM hunters? Will that put them back on top?

Will the thunderhawk from the 2P get the mastery bonus for BM hunters? Will that put them back on top?

While the 2-set benefits from BM's mastery, the 4-set benefits from survival's. However, they have different proc chances depending on your spec (BM has the lowest chance to proc the 2-set, and surv has the lowest chance for the 4-set, pretty sure).

I've been working on implementing these set bonuses into simulation craft, so I've spent a lot of time on the 2-piece bonus. so here are a few findings or confirmations of things that were announced.

The Thunderhawk only casts spell_nature_lightning.jpgLightning Blast. At low haste levels, it casts it 5 times. As you increase your haste, the chance to get 6 casts increases. At some point, you get a chance to have 7 casts, and so on. I'll get back when I have computed values.

spell_nature_lightning.jpgLightning Blast does not scale with Attack Power, so it always does 20k damage, in average. If you are playing a Beast Mastery Hunter, then it scales with your Mastery, so if you have 25% Mastery, then your Lightning Blast will always do 25k damage, in average.

spell_nature_lightning.jpgLightning Blast can critically strike, according to your own critical strike chance. It can also miss, regardless of your chance to miss, so we believe that it may be a bug.

Also, the proc for the Thunderhawk is on a set value per minute: 0.7 PPM (Procs Per Minute) for Beast Mastery, 1 PPM for Marksmanship, and 1.2 for Survival. I still want to test whether having more Haste Rating causes the Thunderhawk to proc more often, but it is hard to get conclusive data (with 1 proc per minute, I'll let you judge how long I need to test :P).

Actually, after further testing, it seems that recount was not properly working, and that Haste has no influence on the amount of casts of Lightning Blast by the Thunderhawk.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0