Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vlad

Hearthstone Oil Rogue LoE

13 posts in this topic

Although Tomb Pillager is a quite a good replacement in this patch for Burgle (A common one-off for many Oil Rogue decks before the release of League of Explorers), I still quite like the utility of Burgle especially against spell heavy classes like Paladins and Mages. Some cards which are stolen from other classes through Burgle can open up more opportunities to combo, control, and clear, specifically spells like Flamecannon, Hammer of Wrath, and Animal Companion.

I would certainly not argue the utlity of a free Coin after the expiration of Tomb Pillager nor its brawniness once it's out, but I will defend keeping Brugle since it too can open up good combo opportunities. (That, and I would still like to keep Burgle for now so that I can build up several thousand gold to go through League of Explorers anyways.)

I replaced that niche burgle/pillager with deckhand, it has given me exact lethal far too many times for me to ever count it out.

Question: Why use violet teacher in this deck? The combo portion of the Oil dropping on a 1/1 is bad.

Question: Why use violet teacher in this deck? The combo portion of the Oil dropping on a 1/1 is bad.

Because Oil is not your only spell. In fact, the deck runs a lot of spells and all of them, except for Oil, synergise well with Violet teacher.

I don't think preparation works with creatures

Is there anything I can use to sub for tomb pillager? Cutpurse, or a healbot? I just dont feel like spending $20 to get one card right now

Is there anything I can use to sub for tomb pillager? Cutpurse, or a healbot? I just dont feel like spending $20 to get one card right now

So with the new nerf on blade furry, which in my opinion totally ended oil  rogue, since it was key for board clear and burst damage to the hero for the win. Is this deck any good still or is oil rogue temporally done?  I just don't see a way to replace such a vital card in this deck.  Any opinions? 

26 minutes ago, Guest Inexorable said:

So with the new nerf on blade furry, which in my opinion totally ended oil  rogue, since it was key for board clear and burst damage to the hero for the win. Is this deck any good still or is oil rogue temporally done?  I just don't see a way to replace such a vital card in this deck.  Any opinions? 

Pretty much, yeah. It's all about the miracle again now!

I've spent a ridiculous amount of time learning these decks, posted on here. None of them have given me a viable route into any ranks past 10. With the recent game changes and an abundance of different cards available to players, its impossible to create an uber deck that will reach legendary at Sottle states. Use these decks at your own risk, don't expect to get to legendary, wins nowadays rely totally on luck and situational play. These cards are useless.

5 minutes ago, Guest Card player said:

I've spent a ridiculous amount of time learning these decks, posted on here. None of them have given me a viable route into any ranks past 10. With the recent game changes and an abundance of different cards available to players, its impossible to create an uber deck that will reach legendary at Sottle states. Use these decks at your own risk, don't expect to get to legendary, wins nowadays rely totally on luck and situational play. These cards are useless.

That's not true. Sottle plays these decks on stream and reaches Legend without any issue. Even an average player such as myself managed to reach Rank 5 within 5 days of the season's start using the Zoo deck that Sottle posted here on Icy Veins. You need to persevere and not hesitate to ask for help. If you can provide a video of one of your games, we'd be happy to help :)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0