FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Control Priest Wild

Thanks Sottle as usual for this great deck.

What card could I use instead of Justicar?

Or would you recommend crafting it? I fell it has limited use in just 3 classes (priest, warrior, Pali) and fell I have higher priorities

Thanks Sottle as usual for this great deck.

What card could I use instead of Justicar?

Or would you recommend crafting it? I fell it has limited use in just 3 classes (priest, warrior, Pali) and fell I have higher priorities

Sylvanas or Boom should be fine as a "budget" swap.

• Like 1

Thanks, Boom seems to be doing the job just fine :)

Another question, is the first time that I use deathlord. Any advice on how to use it effectively?

I love vs aggro but what do u do vs midrange or control? Hold it and not play it? When is a good time to use it in these matchups?

Thanks, Boom seems to be doing the job just fine smile.png

Another question, is the first time that I use deathlord. Any advice on how to use it effectively?

I love vs aggro but what do u do vs midrange or control? Hold it and not play it? When is a good time to use it in these matchups?

Try to hold it back against Paladin and Priest - they have the strongest removals against Deathlord (Equality, Keeper of Uldaman and SW:P) until you check for them.

You can play it against control, as it will often take them a lot of resources to remove it. While the opponent is trying to remove it, build a board to be able to remove whatever it drops. It will often be something around 4-mana minion. The best scenario would be dropping the biggest minion which you will remove with SW:D. But just as against Priest and Pally, check for removals first.

Guest daadaadaaren

this control deck seems to be weaker against...other control decks. how do you recommend playing against golden monkeys/control warrior/priest? any ‘threats’ i throw against them are easily countered, while i know if i wait there's no way to win. midrange threats like shield maiden/dragons from priest aren't easily either. i lost many ranks going to this deck from before please help

Guest daadaadaaren

this control deck is weaker against other controls...i've lost many ranks after switching over. can't win other control warriors/priests...i'm in dire need of help please help :(

Guest GinnG

I have tough time using this deck, my win rate somehow just 20~30% for this deck. I often struggle against tempo deck which I not able to built my deck presence and our aoe is not enough to come back. they can have 3 or 4 mobs like 3/4 or 4/5 by the turn we reach 5/6mana where our aoe clearance able to play...

I have tough time using this deck, my win rate somehow just 20~30% for this deck. I often struggle against tempo deck which I not able to built my deck presence and our aoe is not enough to come back. they can have 3 or 4 mobs like 3/4 or 4/5 by the turn we reach 5/6mana where our aoe clearance able to play...

In that case you can swap Naarus and Chows. Zombie Chow can help you gain the early board presence if you don't draw into Auchenai + Circle and he can be played with Auchenai to be useful even in the late-game.

Guest Guest

quite possibly the worst priest deck ive played, just went from rank 14 to rank 19 trying it, only went that long cause i figured hey, its sottle, it must be how im playing it....it isnt, the deck is trash.

quite possibly the worst priest deck ive played, just went from rank 14 to rank 19 trying it, only went that long cause i figured hey, its sottle, it must be how im playing it....it isnt, the deck is trash.

Yes, this trash deck has been taken to only legend. Quite bad, it can't even take you to rank 0 legend, right? 

Also, if you just say "I got completely rekt while playing on noob ranks, this deck is trash, even if people play it in legend". Do you have any idea what constructive criticism means?

Guest YourGod

This deck seems to be a great deck. However, it needs the addition of zombie chow against aggro decks. It is an amazing starter for priest, and I have won many a game by playing chow, coin, north shire vs. Hunter. Also, Deathlord should be replaced with a stronger card like thoughtsteal, if you are facing control. The great stats are downsides by the ability; if a control deck can destroy it and obtain a huge minion like Ysera from this, then you would be devastated. Other replacements for Deathlord could be a dark cultist, another holy nova or a late game minion like Dr. Boom. Vol'jin can be used to remove large minions, and is a replacement option also.

The deck already runs 2 Deathlord against aggro decks. They are usually enough to stop them. However, if you face serious amount of aggro decks, you can add the Chows as well.

So, you want to add Chows, but remove Deathlords in case you face control? Make up your mind. They are included to stop aggro and yes, if you face control, you should remove them. But why the hell do you say that the deck needs addition of Chows to stop aggro, yet needs to get rid of Deathlords because of control? That's simply a contradiction.

Guest YourGod

The deck already runs 2 Deathlord against aggro decks. They are usually enough to stop them. However, if you face serious amount of aggro decks, you can add the Chows as well.

So, you want to add Chows, but remove Deathlords in case you face control? Make up your mind. They are included to stop aggro and yes, if you face control, you should remove them. But why the hell do you say that the deck needs addition of Chows to stop aggro, yet needs to get rid of Deathlords because of control? That's simply a contradiction.

This is simply because chows can be used against both aggro and control, while I think death lords can not. I can see how that appears as a contradiction though.

Deathlord is a stronger aggro-stopped than Chow because he is able to trade into multiple 1- and 2-drops, whereas Chow can trade into only one.

So, you wrote "it needs the addition of zombie chow against aggro decks", which is does seems contradictory to "Deathlord should be replaced with a stronger card like thoughtsteal, if you are facing control", but you meant it like "this deck needs to be included to stop aggro, because deathlord is bad in control matchups and therefore should be removed"? 

Deathlord is a stronger aggro-stopped than Chow because he is able to trade into multiple 1- and 2-drops, whereas Chow can trade into only one.

So, you wrote "it needs the addition of zombie chow against aggro decks", which is does seems contradictory to "Deathlord should be replaced with a stronger card like thoughtsteal, if you are facing control", but you meant it like "this deck needs to be included to stop aggro, because deathlord is bad in control matchups and therefore should be removed"?

Yeah I most certainly got that mixed up.

Guest Guest

This deck is working great for me! I was wondering about replacing ysera with elise. I find elise is better against aggro then ysera due the mana cost of both of them. I have been stuck with ysera in my hand against aggro many times and been frustrated by my inability to play anything.

This deck is working great for me! I was wondering about replacing ysera with elise. I find elise is better against aggro then ysera due the mana cost of both of them. I have been stuck with ysera in my hand against aggro many times and been frustrated by my inability to play anything.

Maybe you could try Midrange Priest or Dragon Priest.

Wow, preatty greedy priest deck.
Seems like this one is tuned 2 bit control warrior 9/10 times.
How it does agains reeno lock?

Guest Fanoran

With Lightbomb, Deathlord, Naaru and Shrink going away, do you think a similar control priest deck like this will be viable after Standard hits? I just unwrapped a shiny new Justicar so I'm gonna learn this just because it looks like A LOT of fun to play.

Guest enderowner

This deck is absolutely incredible! I love it so much, it reminds me of when i used to play china priest.. i guess this is just a modern china. i have had about an 85% winrate from ranks 11 to 7. if you have the cards, or the dust to make it, do so. all i am missing is one lightbomb and i substituted for an excavated evil and it works wonders

Guest Atanhe

I have all the cards but not entomb. I know that is a key card for the deck, and i'm working to get it, but can i replace it somehow? One more S:D and Holy fire? Or Vol jin? 

I have all the cards but not entomb. I know that is a key card for the deck, and i'm working to get it, but can i replace it somehow? One more S:D and Holy fire? Or Vol jin? 

Entomb is a tech card, and I recommend you to replace it with other tech cards, such as Zombie Chow second Nova against aggro, Vol'jin or SW:D against control or even Ysera could be usable.

Guest atanhe

Thank you for the answer... i've got another question: Is it possible to cut a slot for Sylvanas in this deck? =)