Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hadric

When do you skip your tier set bonus?

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I was wondering when it's time to say goodbye to your tier set bonus. I've had all 5 tier pieces for a while now, having exchanged one for other gear to optimize accordingly. I now find myself between normal and HC runs and have several pieces of gear which outweights the T14 gear according to Mr. Robot.

Is there a guideline for when to forget about the tier bonuses (in this case the 4 piece) and just stack regular gear? And if there is, for future reference, where do I get a hold of this information? Mr. Robot has little indicators how much better the gear you're checking is compared to what you're currently wearing. Is there for instance a rule of thumb saying, "If Mr. Robot gives your gear more than 4000 points total better gear by replacing 2 tier pieces with this class and spec, then you should go ahead and do it" - Or something similar.

I'm not the big number crushing oracle, so I'd appreciate any help on this matter.

Just to give you the idea, here's what I'm facing:

Should I replace this inv_shoulder_plate_raidpaladin_l_01.jpgWhite Tiger Shoulderguards with this inv_shoulders_plate_raidwarrior_l_01.jpgPauldrons of the Broken Blade

And this inv_chest_plate_raidpaladin_l_01.jpgWhite Tiger Chestguard with this inv_chest_plate_reputation_c_01.jpgDawnblade's Chestguard

Any pointers? Not only on this particular matter, but how to make the math for this in the future?

Thanks a bunch!

Can I just add on to this, am in the same situation - am a Ret Paladin currently with the level 483 White Tiger gear set of 5, but have just picked up L502 Chestplate of violent Detonation. Should I swap?

Well, i'll just mention that the 4 piece set bonus for prot isnt that good, so if u get a huge upgrade in stats by changing to none tier pieces, do so. And as of tier 15, u should only feel needed to keep the 2 piece bonus, as the stats on the tier pieces isnt good and the 4 piece set bonus isnt good at all.