Best frost/blood death knight race - horde

Orc for it's 1%(?) expertise bonus

Undead for corpse nomming and lore.

Tauren for it's 5%(?) health bonus

Troll for Berserking

Blood Elf for Arcane Torrent and enchanting bonus

Goblin for alchemy bonus and +?% haste

Tauren. HP is king for blood DK's.

However if you'd also like to benefit your offspec then Orc is a good choice since it equally benefits DPS and tanking, as long as you're using axes. (1% = 300 rating, which you could then reforge into something more useful like Mastery)

Edited by Storm301

Honestly, I feel Orcs are one of the best dps races for most classes. Get a ap/sp trinket that you can link with other trinkets, or weapon procs, I'm talking about Bloodfury, only has a 2min cd, so can be used multiple times in a fight. As a frost dk I personally have a macro that casts Pillar of Frost, Bloodfury, then raises my ghoul, so he is benefitting from those cooldowns, I also try to line it up with trinket procs, and if possible with my unholy strength proc. Also Orcs have a lower stun duration than other races, which makes them very viable tanks.

The Tauren racial applies to base health, not Stamina. It comes to 7,333 health at level 90 which is equivalent to 524 Stamina - still not small potatoes.

Undead's Touch of the Grave gives you a decent amount of extra damage and self-healing, and resistance to Shadow damage (not commonly found in this tier).

Trolls get a reduction in CC duration and a Haste cooldown which gives an on-demand boost to Rune regeneration, as well as increased damage against beasts.

And the Orc's expertise boost is nice, worth 324 Expertise but only if you get the right kind of weapon to drop.

If you plan on mainly tanking, the Tauren will be your best choice. For an all-rounder, it would be between the Troll and the Orc.