FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ttaco

resto druid help

I need some help with my resto druid, I've been healing for long time but stopped for a while and got back into this xpac. i average about 40k hps if im lucky people with less gear than me outheal me by 20k here is what i mainly use

i keep Rejuv and germination and lifebloom on both tanks

and rejuv on dps if they are taking damage

place my mushroom in middle of melee  or whoever takes alot of damage from fights

i use wild growth when raid is suffering heavy raid damage 

regrowth/healing touch as a filler

I will attach my armory so you can see my gear and might be able to find out what im doing wrong.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Shiftler/simple

• Like 1

I suggest trying to get more Mastery and Haste, especially Haste, when you get the RNG break. Use rejuv more often on people especially when you know there's gonna be a major damage spike soon, also you can use genesis when that happens so all your Rejuvs tick and run out faster (in 3 seconds) while still healing for the same amount (try to use it sparingly, as it has a high mana cost). Remember that just because they haven't already taken damage, doesn't mean they're not about to. Pay attention to where they're standing, if there's anything coming at you, and what the boss/mobs are about to do (are they gonna cleave? Blow something up? Stomp? Throw fire somewhere? Cast a raid-wide damage spell? Break the floor?).

A reminder if you forgot: Swiftmend is an insta-heal that can only be used on a target with a Rejuv up on them (doesn't have to be your rejuv).

Don't forget to keep using a single-target spell (like Healing Touch or Regrowth) to proc Harmony, which increases the healing of your periodic heals (Rejuv, Lifebloom, Germination, et cetera) by a base 10%. I myself sometimes forget about it, though I'm usually pretty good at keeping it up.

Healing Touch has a 20% increased Critical Strike chance on people with Lifebloom up. Low Health Tank+Lifebloom+Nature's Swiftness+Healing Touch= Yes. Add in a few Regrowths if necessary.

Pay particular attention to keep Lifebloom up because it has a chance to proc Omen of Clarity, which causes your next Regrowth to be free.

If you pay attention to dispels (which you should), I suggest using the glyph of Nature's Cure in fights where you'll need to be dispelling. It helps. A lot.

If someone's not about to die/not taking a huge amount of damage super fast, use Healing Touch instead of Regrowth. Your mana will thank you.

If the raid is taking huge amounts of damage, then use Tranquility. Mind its cooldown. Tranquility cannot be cast while moving, and it's one of your major CDs.

If (preferably the tank) is about to take major damage, use Ironbark on them. This is one of your small CDs you can pop. Ironbark reduces all damage taken by 20% for 12 seconds.

I suggest using Heart of the Wild instead of Nature's Vigil, as it increases the amount of healing you do by 35% when you use it. Long CD, but very worth it when you need it.

Make sure, as you said you have been, to keep your mushroom by where there's the largest amount of people, preferably people who need to be healed/will soon need to be healed. Remember that it doesn't last 5 minutes or whatever any longer, so you need to reapply it every 30 seconds.

That's all I can think of right now. I'll let you know if I think of any other tips. smile.png

Edited by rain1470

Here are some topics on which ppl can commonly fail:

- Lifebloom uptime. 4pc is damn strong, and it is quite easy to miss on LB uptime without some flashy helper (weakaura). Besides the lots of regrowth procs. Sometimes it tops % even on AoE heavy fights. Make sure it is always up. Target doesnt have to be a tank.

- Same goes from harmony and shroom. Have weakauras for them. You dont need AOE damage or a stacked raid to use mushroom, since it only heals 3.

- Seed of creation not necessarily BiS. You lose LOTS of stats from using it. So is 10%- Flourish worthy? Are you getting oom? Play with other trinkets, it way work a bit better.

- Be faster than the other healers. Land Wild Growth on second zero after touch of doom, chackram, pound or rumbling fissure comes.

- Wild growth is NOT expensive and has huge priority. 6 fast rejuvenations at the cost of 4. Save mana on rejuvenations or by using healing touch.

- Have as goal ending the fight with 0-15% mana WITH the usage of the channeled mana potion (on intensive fights). You ended 3-feast Gorefiend with 20% without using mana potion? Bad.

- Exploit your cleave healing strength in fights like Kilrogg and Sorethar. Dont wait dotted ppl to get low. Pump dem hots.

- Be aware of the fight damage patterns, so you make better use of cooldowns like incarnation. Ex: On Kilrogg when 4+ ppl got debuff, on Soc when 4+ ppl got gift. On Arch when chains and allure align. On Zakuun as soon as he disarms...

- Regrowth has the least benefit from incarnation. Rejuv and wild growth are the most boosted, so use them mainly.

- If you wont get out of mana, predict damage bursts with rej + genesis. Ex grasping hands, pound, zakuun seed, chackram. Rule of thumb it's ok to use genesis if it wont overheal 4 + ppl and you wont get OOM during the fight (ex: gorefiend is mana intensive, should use carefully there).

Edited by fredicruga

weakauras

-- Lifebloom --

Shows if there are not 2 LBs up.

Install and enable addon from

http://www.filedropper.com/watools

(you know any better website to host this? lol)

Use this weakaura:

http://pastebin.com/rYKGkHnV

(the weakaura requires the addon to be loaded or it will freeze the hell out when enabled)

--Harmony--

http://pastebin.com/aq00zSL3-- shown when about to expire

http://pastebin.com/CpuqF8Xp-- shown when expired

put them on top of each other (or inside a dyn group)

sorry about the addon part, I once wanted to separate my weakauras codes into an addon for organization...

-- mushroom off --

http://pastebin.com/sBsdHQ9i

Edited by fredicruga