FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Bozzley

Thrill of the Hunt

I know it says thatPosted ImageDire Beast summons a beast to attack the target for 15 seconds. Each time the beast deals damage, you gain 5 Focus. is a bigger dps gain overPosted ImageThrill of the Hunt gives you a 30% chance to reduce the Focus cost of your next 3 Posted ImageArcane Shots or Posted ImageMulti-Shots by 20, each time you use an attack that costs Focus. but it would seem to me that getting 3 free arcane shots or 3 free multi shots for aoeing on every proc plus what ever arcane shots u have to dump focus would seem like such a boon in our dps expecially,as a MM hunter am i mssing something ..

The problem with Thrill of the Hunt is that its procs are too unpredictable, whereas dire beast performs x amount of hits and is guaranteed to regenerate that focus back to you. Also, there is a dps gain from the attacks of the dire beast, which is further enhanced by the BM mastery. Thrill of the Hunt can seem amazing if you get lucky procs during one particular encounter, but again, you're gambling with focus with that talent.

The damage done by Dire Beast is very high and compensate for the fact it gives half as less focus as Thrill of the Hunt on average.

Hence Dire Beast is the best talent for standard single target fights.

However, Thrill of the Hunt will be better on fights where you need to AoE damage or switch targets frequently.

I can only think about Mel'Jarak and possibly Will of the Emperor.

Of course it is highly recommanded that you switch to SV for those encounters !

Besides, Thrill of the Hunt only procs on abilities that cost focus, meaning that if you cast Multi Shot with Bombardment and get a proc, you will not be able to get another proc from the 3 next Multi Shot because they are focus free.

• Like 1

Since I prefer Survival, I find that Thrill of the Hunt is much preferable to me, especially during AoE fights. Yes, the procs are unpredictable, but the focus free multi shots or arcane shots, to me, more than make up for that..

Since I prefer Survival, I find that Thrill of the Hunt is much preferable to me, especially during AoE fights. Yes, the procs are unpredictable, but the focus free multi shots or arcane shots, to me, more than make up for that..

This ^ . I play as MM and i find thrill of the hunt staple for MM Aoe, to be competitive with aoe this is a must.