Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gunag

Fury DPS Rotation Suggestions

6 posts in this topic

Just got back to playing WoW and trying to figure out the rotation for my Fury Warrior. My guild says that I'm not doing enough DPS and that it might be my rotation thats the problem. Please any suggestions would be helpful since Im not sure what Im doing wrong.

My Warrior

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aegwynn/Gunag/simple

And my latest attempt at HFC

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/6NGF1pjc2QJDPMKr#type=damage-done&source=75&fight=13

=====================

Admin Edit: I removed the unnecessary full caps in your topic title line. For future references, please refrain from using all caps. Thanks and Happy New Year!

The key to playing fury warrior is less in the rotation and more in managing your enrage up time. On your normal socrethar kill, you have an enrage up time in the 55% area. That needs to be 90%+. It'll go up the more crit you have, but make sure you're weaving in as many bloodthirsts as you can and using berserker rage when you've had a drought of crits and your enrage is about to fall off (e.g. if you just used bloodthirst, it's on CD for 5 seconds, and you have 1 or 0s left on enrage). If you don't have enrage and you're not rage capped, don't spend rage. Just wait for bloodthirst crit or berserker rage to spend rage again.

Warriors are also extremely, extremely gear dependent. Weapons and set bonuses really make or break us, so if you can get into pugs or something to get tier pieces, you'll see a dramatic increase in your DPS.

Now, for more specific advice: on that socrethar kill, you used recklessness once. The fight was nearly 5 minutes, you should have been able to fit in at least two recklessnesses in (one on pull, then one during execute phase).

Hey sorry it took forever to respond to your advice. Since my last post I was able to get two normal tier pieces, and have been more conscious about having enrage up as much as I can. My dps in most boss fights is around 35-40k now, but my guild hasn't been recording the logs lately so I can't post any logs to show this yet. Ill post the logs when their available. Thanks!

Edited by Gunag

So in looking at your gear you need to drop your haste you have like 1500 you don't need any basically with the class trinket.  You need 25% crit unbuffed then stack mastery.  So in essence drop haste for crit then mastery. 

You pool a lot of rage. Use wild strike to dump rage, when you have more than 90% rage so that you can use WS twice.

So in looking at your gear you need to drop your haste you have like 1500 you don't need any basically with the class trinket.  You need 25% crit unbuffed then stack mastery.  So in essence drop haste for crit then mastery. 

I know, I've been trying to get gear with more crit. I'm noticing that the HFC heroic plate gear has more crit so hopefully I can pick up more when I start running heroic with my guild. Thanks for the advise though.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Alst3r
      Hello hunters,
      i nees some help with the marksmanship rotation. I'm trying to follow the guide of azortharion

In no-proc periods:  Arcane Shot until 95 Focus, then  Aimed Shot to not Focus cap and repeat. If  Windburst becomes available during one of these periods, use it immediately and generate focus with Arcane Shot afterwards. Then, towards the end of the  Vulnerable window, cast the 2 Aimed Shots with roughly 4 seconds remaining on  Vulnerable. When you get a proc: →  Marked Shot → Keep Cast  Arcane Shot once (twice with extremely high Haste) so that there is only ~4 seconds remaining on Vulnerable → 2x  Aimed Shots.  
      But i really have some diffcult. Usually i'm doing this:
      - If vulnerable is down: cast windurst if is up or marked shot -> 1x arcane shot -> 2x aimed shot
      But really, i never have enough focus to do this and a lot of time i can cast only 1 aimed shot.

I dont understand.
    • By KinderHell
      Hi,
      I've just finished normal with my main 890ilvl (54 points) prot tank and also with my 876ilvl (36 points) druid tank.
      My conclusion is the following:
      The protection warrior is taking way to high damage from almost all abilities except auto-attacks which are low anyway.
      Shield block doesn't work against any of the abilities in nighthold and doesn't help with any magical skills.
      Basically our block even with 2 set items, having aprox 65% crit block chance is useless in Nighthold.
      The fact that our main reduction ability except our 8k-ish armor is useless for all Nighthold bosses. Demo, LS, SW, SR are ok for stack abilities or strong abilities but they couldn't be frequent enough. The damage taken spikes are crazy...just crazy and I've kept IP 40-60% of the damage and decent 90% + bracket dps.
      Paladin tank and warrior tank used to be very similar in damage taken ( normal damage taken ), now paladin is taking 100 millions and warrior is taking 200-400 million on same boss. This is because their damage is percent damage reduction and that works for magical also, but our shield block is irrelevant. Also paladins block spells now.
      In regard to my 876ilvl druid, I've done Guldan solo tanking without any stress. I've done rest of bosses without a problem, only keeping 1-2 stack of ironfur up and using rest of my rage for the 30% reduction every 10 sec, and I won't even start with the amount of cds druids have. These runs showed me how warrior is 0 compared to paladin,druid and DK. 
      I would place warrior on last place under DK, as Shield Block is an irreleant ability in this raid. You can check logs and compare raids from EN and Nighthold. It seems that to be so-so with a warrior tank you would have to maximize versatility and ignore every other stat :|, maybe then you will start reducing some damage from this raid.

I believe that even the first version of warrior tank from start of EN couldn't handle Nighthold as good as paladin,druid can now. They were just op at low level for being able to handle high mythic dungeons at low gear for stacking IP 2 million absorb, but they scaled bad compared to others and that IP would drop in 2 hits on Mythic EN content, making it so-so anywany.

Post below if any ideas pop to mind related to the above problem. Thanks ! 

• By Browed
      I will NOT be using BoS in 7.1.5...  why?
      http://www.wowhead.com/item=132459/perseverance-of-the-ebon-martyr
      Build:
      http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/death-knight/frost/cj7z
      Basically with the combination of Gathering Storm (extended RW) and fitting more Rime into that time period I'm hoping that my M+ hybrid spec will remain competitive and the sims thus far seem to support the theory.
      If you have the helm too, grats! and look forward to the major increase in it's power with Freezing Fog +30% and Tier 19 based around more Rime and more RP from Rime we should see many viable builds popping up on logs. **Stay with FP for now until you have T19 x 2 - see updated build link ^^
      Why not BoS and Hungering? ... well, I'm looking for big Rime crits and don't fancy the long CD to manage. I also want to remain powerful in M+ which should be the case with this build... I'm pretty sure I can become more useful with Winter is Coming + extended RW... stunning mobs for the whole of PoF uptime.
      Obliteration will be used to maximise rune spam for Gathering Storm.
      Lets hear your thoughts?
    • By AmiishDriveBy
      Since we are no longer using Hailstorm, do we still incorporate frostbrand in the rotation?
    • By Thorag
      I am hoping someone can share their opinion on a very specific question I have about the Arms warrior rotation (FR build). It's all about the following situation which i encounter very often: Colossus Smash has been applied to the target, i have 1 or 2 stacks of Focused Rage, and Mortal Strike and Focused Rage are both coming off cooldown at the same moment. My dilemma here is whether i should cast FR just before MS so that MS hits harder, or if i should cast FR just after MS so that MS has a higher chance of resetting due to the extra 15 Rage i spent after it. 
      What i have decided to do for now depends on whether Shattered Defenses is up. When it is up, i use FR before MS so MS hits extra hard. When Shattered Defenses is not up, i use FR after MS. I should add that i have both the gloves and ring legendaries (lucky me), so Rage shortage is almost never an issue for me. 
      I hope i didn't confuse anyone, feel free to ask for clarification. Thank you