Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Roarrior

DPS Warrior boot enchant

5 posts in this topic

So for both Arms and Fury you state unequivocally that the boot enchant is Lavawalker. While I understand the value of the added movespeed (I have this enchant on my Disc Priest), I don't really see why it's needed for Warriors. First of all, Mastery isn't that great of a stat for either spec (Crit is better for both, according to you, which I agree with) and Warriors have so many ways to move around on the battlefield that it seems redundant to waste an enchant slot on more movespeed (Charge, Intercept, Intervene and Heroic Leap).

There was a similar question somewhere in one of the Warrior guide comments a while back.

The reason why you want Lavawalker is not for the Mastery (although it's a nice bonus, even it is is not a high priority stat), it is for the movement speed increase. Despite what you might think, a passive boost to your movement is an invaluable advantage. It adds up to a lot of extra movement speed and a lot of extra uptime on targets during an encounter. Moreover, it helps you avoid things a lot easier (things like void zones that you need to move out of).

The abilities you mentioned are all great and very useful, but they all have cooldowns and they cannot be used to move out of bad spells. Also, they have a minimum (and maximum) range, which further limits their usage. Finally, Intervene requires you switching to Defensive Stance, which is a loss in DPS.

Alright, I get your point. I don't know if this applies to every fight (for instance, you could probably optimise your gearing specifically for Ultraxion, getting a different enchant and so on since you don't need to move), but I guess it works as a general principle.

Is this staying the same in Mists of Pandaria, do you know?

The professions are far from finalized in the Mists of Pandaria Beta, so it's hard to say the what the optimal enchants will be. It is, however, safe to say that the movement speed increasing enchant will still be the top choice for Warriors (as well as any other specs that don't have a movement speed increase from their talents).

And yes, you are right that the movement speed is effectively wasted on Ultraxion. If you wanted to min-max your character completely, then you could change it to something else (+50 hit, perhaps, and reforge out of hit somewhere else?), but it's a solid enchant for every other fight in Dragon Soul.

I'm just bumping this so that my sticky doesn't appear as the "last post" in this section on the board index :P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Avanti
      Who Are We?
      We are a group of returning skilled and experienced wow players that have been playing together since vanilla WoW, boasting ranks as high as US top 10. We have led other guilds to success in the past and are once again looking to do that in Legion.
      What is QQ?
      QQ is a US based semi-hardcore guild full of members who enjoy aggresively and timely clearing mythic raid content. We are planning to compete for US top 100 and are seeking like-minded and exceptional players to help us achieve that goal.
      What are your raid times?
      Our raid times are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (optional Mon) at 8:30pm-11:30/12pm PST 
      Raid invites will go out 15 minutes prior to raid.
      Do you have a VOIP?
      We use Discord. Join us on discord if you have more questions, want to join, or just want to hang out! Check the "Shoutbox" for an invite.
      Roster: We will have a roster of 24 people and wish to stay around that number. We understand real life RNG occurs. 
      Loot: We use a loot council system to evenly distribute loot among our raid.
      What We Expect:
      You have done what you can to min/max your character.
      You are confident in your abilities to play your class, and can take constructive criticism.
      You are aware of and can move from hazardous encounter mechanics, with little negative effect on your dps/healing/etc.
      You are searching for a long term guild to progress into future tiers with.
      Current classes we have a high demand for:
      Druid - Boomkin and Feral
      Priest - Shadow
      Warlock - Destro/Demo
       * Note this is for core spots in Mythic Progression *
      Please note if you don't see your class/spec listed fill free to throw an application in we are always looking for exceptional players to add to our roster.
      Please register on the website and submit an application if you plan on raiding/playing with us. You can register at our website at www.qqwow.shivtr.com
      If you have any questions at all please feel free to contact any one of us.
      Avanti#11824
      Pittu16#11172
      Terenn#1388
    • By Tendehka
      Mostly just asking for clarification: the guide for Arms warriors says that "Execute is currently only used in conjunction with Shattered Defenses, or if using it, Ayala's Stone Heart procs. When using  Focused Rage, it is pushed out entirely outside of ring procs, due to Mortal Strike taking priority."
      However, the forums here say to use Execute normally - that is, when available and taking priority over anything other than Colossus Smash. Which is accurate?
    • By Sajakain
      First off, welcome! I am Sajakain and my main class has always been a warrior with the very first one being a Night Elf on the EU realms. I started toward the end of Vanilla and the start of Burning Crusade. Primarily I fancy the DPS side of the Warrior and it's what I feel I do best. From time to time I have dabbled in tanking but we'll leave that aspect to Estarriol.
           This guide is written by me, obviously. It really is a single collection of multiple sources that include, but are not limited to, Blizzard patch notes, other guides, forum discussions, in-game theorycrafting and testing, using SimulationCraft, reviewing logs. . . a whole slew of resources. Hopefully this guide will be able to present relevant information to you, separated by self-titled sections, in an easy-to-understand fashion. It is worth noting that, as you progress with your Warrior or conduct your own research you may find something in this guide that doesn't make sense or... may actually be wrong. That's completely acceptable by me and, with such questioning, I'd be glad to sit down with you and discuss your findings and questions over a mug of whatever the Brew of the Month is at the time while we figure out what's right.
           With all this being said, let's get to the guide! I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed composing it.

Before we get knee deep into things, I'd like to make you aware of some other resources at your disposal. It is only fitting that I provide these up front as these resources are what I use to improve my performance in game and, ultimately, compose this very guide. If you should have any questions about these resources, don't hesitate to ask!
      Icy Veins: Arms Warrior Guide SimulationCraft MMO Champion Warrior Forum Board Warrior Discord Channel (Skyhold)  
        1. Which does more damage: Arms or Fury?        This information will contain simulation results once they are available.     2. What kind of weapon should I use?        The bottom line is use the 2H weapon that has the most damage. This means the 2H weapon that has the highest item level. It does not make a difference as to whether or not it's a 2H Axe, Sword, or Mace or whether it is a Polearm. Under no circumstance should an Arms Warrior use a 1H weapon of any kind.  
      Alliance:
      Draenei: Heroic Presence Dwarf: Might of the Mountain, Stoneform Gnome: Expansive Mind, Nimble Fingers Human: Every Man for Himself, The Human Spirit Night Elf: Quickness, Touch of Elune Worgen: Viciousness Horde:
      Blood Elf: Arcane Torrent, Arcane Acuity Goblin: Time is Money Orc: Blood Fury Tauren: Brawn, Endurance, War Stomp Troll: Berserking Undead: Touch of the Grave, Will of the Forsaken Neutral:
      Pandaren: Epicurean,
           The objective of Blizzard making these changes was to (hopefully) level the playing field between the races. As you can tell there are some that may seem more beneficial than others (such as the guaranteed bonus damage that comes from the Dwarf and Tauren Racials). The end result is simply to pick whichever race you really enjoy whether it be a dwarf of the Alliance or an orc of the Horde. It's really up to you!

Talents, in 7.0.3, have moved closer to Blizzard's goal of personal choice. Each choice you make can be beneficial in respective situations. Use your best judgement of your needs (or your raid's needs) and select the appropriate talent. Listed here are my observations of each tier.
           Speculation Note: It is advisable to run simulations as you obtain gear for talent choices. As always - select the talent that is most appropriate for the encounter you are facing and your raid team's needs. These choices are based off current simulations and a "Patchwerk" style fight. They can change very quickly with hotfixes and class changes implemented by Blizzard. Finally, it is very important to realize that my recommendations come with a Focused Rage oriented build. Again, other circumstances can make another talent more viable (such as constant AoE, dungeon runs vs raid progression, etc.)

Tier 1 / Level 15:
      Dauntless: Your abilities cost 20% less Rage. Overpower: Overpowers the enemy, causing 375% Physical damage. Cannot be blocked, dodged or parried, and has a 60% increased chance to critically strike. All your melee attacks have a chance to activate Overpower. Sweeping Strikes: Mortal Strike and Execute hit a second nearby target.      After recent updated information, Dauntless is seems to be the go-to option here. Sweeping Strikes, if the adds are able to be stacked and you're dealing with 2 targets, specifically.

Tier 2 / Level 30:
      Shockwave: Sends a wave of force in a frontal cone, causing [(125% of Attack Power) * 1.25] damage and stunning all enemies within 10 yards for 4 sec. Cooldown reduced by 20 sec if it strikes at least 3 targets. Storm Bolt: Hurls your weapon at an emey, causing 60% Physical damage and stunning for 4 sec. Deals quadruple damage to targets permanently immune to stuns. Double Time: You can use Charge twice in a row, but it can only grant Rage once every 12 sec. Each use has a 20 sec recharge time.      Double Time is the go-to here as Storm Bolt appears to no longer quadruple the damage done to permanently immune mobs. If a mob needs to be stunned then Storm Bolt may be viable while Shockwave is generally used for massive AoE control situations.

Tier 3 / Level 45:
      Fervor of Battle: Whirlwind deals 30% increased damage to your primary target. Rend: Wounds the target, causing (540% of Attack power) Bleed damage over 15 sec. Avatar: Transform into a colossus for 20 sec, causing you to deal 20% increased damage and removing all roots and snares.      Avatar is the go-to choice here. Depending on AoE situations, Fervor of Battle can be useful if you're in such a situation to continuously spam AoE.

Tier 4 / Level 60:
      Second Wind: Restores 6% health every 1 sec when you have not taken damage for 5 sec. Bounding Stride: Reduces the cooldown on Heroic Leap by 15 sec, and Heroic Leap now also increases your run speed by 70% for 3 sec. Defensive Stance: A defensive combat state that reduces all damage you take by 20%, and all damage you deal by 10%. Lasts until cancelled.      Bounding Stride should be your default choice here. Second Wind is great for leveling, maybe, and Defensive Stance (aside from being really weird as a talent) is only to be used if you seem to have a problem surviving heavy-hitting mechanics that are unavoidable otherwise.

Tier 5 / Level 75:
      In For The Kill: Mortal Strike generates 20 Rage when used against targets that are below 20% health. Mortal Combo: Mortal Strike now has a maximum of 2 charges. Focused Rage: Focus your rage on your next Mortal Strike, increasing its damage by 50%, stacking up to 3 times. Unaffected by the global cooldown.      Ah... the Mortal Strike tier. Considering my recommendations are centered around Focused Rage, it should be obvious that this it the talent of choice.

Tier 6 / Level 90:
      Deadly Calm: Battle Cry also reduces the Rage cost of your abilities by 100% for the duration. Trauma: Slam and Whirlwind now cause the target to bleed for 20% additional damage over 6 sec. Multiple uses accumulate increased damage. Titanic Might: Increases the duration of Colossus Smash by 16 sec, but reduces its effectiveness by 20%.      Deadly Calm is the choice here as it vital to the rotation and necessary for the use of a Focused Rage + Hamstring macro to proc Tactician during Battle Cry.

Tier 7 / Level 100:
      Anger Management: Every 10 Rage you spend reduces the remaining cooldown on Battle Cry by 1 sec.
      Opportunity Strikes: Your melee abilities have up to a 60% chance, based on the target's missing health, to trigger an extra attack that deals 160% Physical damage.
      Ravager: Throws a whirling weapon at the target location that inflicts [7 * (250% of Attack power)] damage to all enemies with in yards over 7 sec.
           Of the three here, Anger Management is the go-to choice. Ravager can be taken for AoE situations. It's worth noting that the over time effect of Ravager is affected by your haste.

This is one of the most discussed topics I come across. I considered putting this in the "F.A.Q." section but, in my opinion, it is so important that I gave it it's own section. Stat weights are pretty straight forward for an Arms Warrior. Before I get to that, however, let's look at the stats and how they directly affect our warrior, shall we?
      Strength: This is our main stat. All your pieces, save trinkets, will have this stat on it. Critical Strike: This stat increases our chance to make our attacks critically hit which means more damage. We love doing more damage! Haste: This stat directly affects attack speed. Mastery: Our mastery buff is Mastery: Colossal Might. It increases the damage of your Colossus Smash by %, and causes it to increase damage you deal to the target by an additional % (% is based on the amount of mastery you have.) Versatility: Versatility increases damage done and decreases all damage taken.      Now that we know what our stats are - what are their weights? As stated, it's pretty straight forward. Initially it is Mastery -> Versatility -> Haste -> Critical Strike. Pretty simple, right?
           Important Note: Stat weights change constantly based on your gear. It is highly recommended that you download and use the latest version of Simulation Craft to gauge your personal stat weights as you obtain new gear. Over time you may see a need to gear toward one stat over another as you approach certain percentages. This is a somewhat complicated concept and the above priority is for general knowledge and purpose. The best way to get the most out of your warrior is to, again, use Simulation Craft to determine your stat weights.

Single Target Rotation
           The single target rotation is influenced based on your talent choices. In the Arms specialization you can have two types of builds - one that is leaned toward passive play (Dauntless, Fervor, In For The Kill, etc) or you can have an active one (such as the recommended talents above). The below priority is assuming you have the selected talents.
      Colossus Smash Execute (Sub 20% HP / Proc off Ayala's Stone Heart) Mortal Strike (Regardless of Focused Rage stacks in the presence of Tactician Procs) Focused Rage (To a maximum of 3 stacks) Slam      Warbreaker is to be used to either extend Colossus Smash or apply it to gain the benefits of Shattered Defenses (Artifact Trait). It is especially useful when you are AoEing mobs as it applies your Colossus Smash debuff to all targets hit.
          You have one cooldown to consider as well, as an Arms Warrior. That cooldown is Battle Cry. For the Arms specialization, it allows the use of abilities for free with Deadly Calm talented for 5 seconds. In addition to this, your Artifact allows (with Corrupted Blood) all damage done during Battle Cry to be additional shadow damage over 6 seconds.
           The biggest problem you'll come across is using Focused Rage when you already have 3 stacks of it. Make sure you're monitoring your stacks. Mortal Strike is to be used when it's available, regardless of the amount of stacks you have. If Focused Rage comes up to 3 stacks and Mortal Strike is not available to spend them, go to your next prioritized ability.

Multiple Target Rotation
           It's important to note that if you are doing a multiple target rotation you should have changed talents from the ones recommend above if the targets are able to be stacked together. You will change the Tier 1 / Level 15 talent from Dauntless to Sweeping Strikes. If the targets are spread out or cannot be stacked for a duration of time then Dauntless will still be your talent of choice.
           Depending on the amount of time the multiple targets live depends on how much you deviate from the single target rotation as well as if they're stacked or not. Assuming that you have 2 - 3 mobs that are stacked you would use the following AoE abilities:
      Bladestorm Cleave Whirlwind      Take note of the improved Cleave. For each add you hit with it, up to 5 maximum, it'll increase your damage of your next Whirlwind by 20%. (5 adds hit = 100% increased Whirlwind Damage).
           Lastly, while your abilities are on CD in the AoE situation you can prioritize your single target rotation. Use a little forethought - if an add is not going to last for 15 seconds or more do not use Rend; use other priorities. Additionally, I would not take the GCDs to apply rend to more than 3 targets - prioritizing those of most importance.

Below you will find the recommend path of leveling up your Artifact weapon. It's a pretty straight forward process with each step being colorized for convenience. Below the image you will find a numbered list as well. Keep in mind that this is a path to get the most out of your weapon in a raiding environment. Ultimately the Artifact is going to be maxed out anyway, so feel free to level it how you see fit.

It should be self-explanatory that your Artifact weapon will be unlocked with Warbreaker. You should proceed to spec your artifact as such:

1. Shattered Defenses: (Wowhead Link): Total AP: 3,250
      Thoradin's Might Crushing Blows Will of the First King Exploit the Weakness Shattered Defenses 2. Corrupted Blood of Zakajz: (Wowhead Link): Total AP: 30,200
      Tactical Advance Precise Strikes Corrupted Blood of Zakajz 3. Focus in Battle: (Wowhead Link): Total AP: 87,620
      Many Will Fall Focus in Battle 4. Unending Rage: (Wowhead Link): Total AP: 155,200
      5. One Against Many: (Wowhead Link): Total AP: 326,430
      6.  Deathblow: (Wowhead Link): Total AP: 739,170
      7. Void Cleave: (Wowhead Link): Total AP: 417,560
      8. Touch of Zakajz: (Wowhead Link): Total AP: 2,210,860
      9. Defensive Measures: (Wowhead Link): Total AP: 1,245,840

Once this path is completed, the rest of your AP traits will go into Unbreakable Steel.

1. Focused Rage + Hamstring:
           As of right now, there is a macro to help proc Tactician. The only requirement of the macro is that you have Deadly Calm talented in your Tier 6 (Level 90) tree. Keep in mind that this macro will only increase your numbers by a minimal percentage and is not absolutely necessary to play. It can, however, help you squeeze out every possible number from your Arms Warrior if you're interested in that type of play style.

The macro combines Focused Rage and Hamstring. The logic here is that, during Deadly Calm and due to Focused Raged & Hamstring being off the GCD, you can spend more rage. Combine this with the 30% increase from your Artifact and you get a higher chance to proc Tactician. The important thing here is that this macro is to only be used during Battle Cry (when your spells are free due to Deadly Calm). Outside of that window, do not use it.
      #showtooltip /cast Battle Cry /cast Focused Rage /cast Hamstring

The only addon that I really deem significant is TellMeWhen. This addon, in a nutshell, is a simpler version of Weak Auras. It can track just about anything, is customizable based on current spec, and is useful for tracking important buffs, debuffs, dots, etc. I use this for every single one of my characters and all specs.
      7/31/2016: Updated for recent simulation results in talent choices and stat priority. Also updated Addons.
      8/27/2016: Added Artifact path information.
      9/4/2016: Updated Stat Priorities, Rotation, Artifact Path, and Macros.
      9/18/20126: Updated Links of Interest, Stat Priorities, & Rotation Priority sections.
    • By Darksong
      I've seen some people say to Slam/FR/Hamstring during Battle Cry.
      However, afaik, I can't macro all three together can I? I tried macroing them together but only either Slam or FR would work with Hamstring.
      So it's either FR+ Hamstring
      or Slam + Hamstring, no?
      (I'm sorry I have no idea how to check if a skill is on GCD or not)
      Now my question is - During Battle Cry,
      Why are we not doing Slam + Hamstring instead? Since Battle Cry gives a +to crit, and with the trait Corrupted Blood of Zakajz, which causes an additional 20% shadow damage, shouldn't we be Slamming + Hamstringing (After spending the CS+3FR MS of course)
    • By Forogorn
      Hello everybody, so while I was messing around with my favourite glyph, I found out how to dual wield as an Arms Warrior AND Prot Warrior, and I thought it would be cool for me to share it with everyone, so here's my tutorial guide on how to do it. No hacks or programs required btw. Anyways, hope you guys enjoy it!!! Also, please let me know in the comments if it works for you guys!! :)
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av0v18ZT7iY