FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
luxinterior

Ret crafted gear question

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/wyrmrest-accord/Luxinterior/advanced

Thinking of trying to gear this guy up and see what he can do. I have all profs max'd on alts, plenty of mats and all 3 crafted slots open on this toon . Was thinking belt and trinket for 2 of the pieces. Should last slot be weap or another piece of armor (chest, head, legs) or maybe ring? Armor is +20 over Baleful while axe is only +10 but is weap more important?  Thanks in advance.

No Opinions on this, or is it covered somewhere that I missed? I didn't see anything on the the class page and I searched the forum. For hunter the site mentions weapon DPS being a top stat in the priority section. I don't see weapon DPS mentioned for any of the melee classes, would appreciate some thoughts on this.

Weapon dps is incredibly important for ret paladins I would definitely suggest replacing a piece of gear without mastery as that's an important piece of gear.

LOL, thanks Conquest. I completely forgot that I didn't have mastery on that sword. I have been ignoring this alt for awhile, but I see retadins doing well on the DPS charts nowadays. So, to sum up, a +10 ilvl bump on a weapon is of more value than a +20 bump on a piece of armor (not counting trinkets)? Please assume mastery is present on each piece for the sake of this argument.

Thanks again Conquest. Do you know if this guideline applies to all direct damage classes and specs (warrior, enh shaman, ww monk etc), or is this something that should be asked on those classes specific forums? 

I'm a little curious if this (udgrade weap uber alles) is considered a given hence it isn't mentioned of the class pages on this site. The hunter page lists weapon DPS as top stat which is why I ask. I see spellpower listed for some caster specs but precious few references to weapon priority.

I have no idea about other classes, I won't take any attempts about trying to guide you there, lol.