- Fel Armor now reduces damage taken by 10%, instead of increasing the Warlock’s armor.
- Blood Fear has been replaced by Blood Horror. Blood Horror costs 5% health, has 1 charge, and lasts 60 seconds with a 30-second cooldown. While Blood Horror is active, melee attacks that strike the Warlock will cause the attacker to be horrified for 4 seconds.
- Burning Rush now also prevents movement-impairing effects from reducing the Warlock’s movement speed below 100% of normal, in addition to its other effects.
- The Imp ability Blood Pact has been removed.
- Dark Intent now increases Stamina in addition to Spell Power.
- Immolate now deals 20% more damage.
- Shadow Bolt now deals 15% more damage.
- Soul Leech now provides an absorption shield instead of healing.
- Sacrificial Pact now requires the pet to sacrifice 25% of its health to activate (was 50%).
- Kil'jaeden's Cunning is now a passive talent, and its activated ability has been removed.
- The passive damage from Archimonde's Vengeance no longer has a visual effect.
- Grimoire of Sacrifice now increases the damage of abilities by 15% (was 25%) for Destruction Warlocks and 35% (was 50%) for Affliction Warlocks. In addition, it now provides the spell Whiplash instead of Seduction when a Succubus is sacrificed.
- Glyph of Burning Embers has been removed and its effects are now baseline for Destruction Warlocks.
- Glyph of Soul Shards has been removed and its effects are now baseline for Affliction Warlocks.
- New Glyph: Glyph of Ember Tap. This glyph increases the healing gained from Ember Tap by 33%, but the health is restored over 10 seconds.
- New Glyph: Glyph of Drain Life. This glyph increases the healing gained from Drain Life by 30%.
- Glyph of Unstable Affliction has been redesigned. This glyph now reduces the cast time of Unstable Affliction by 25%.
- Unstable Affliction’s backlash effect is now always a critical hit and deals approximately 15% more damage.
- Chaos Wave now has a new visual.
- Hand of Gul'dan now deals 15% more damage.
- Shadowflame now deals 15% more damage.
- Soul Fire now deals 22% more damage.
- Touch of Chaos now deals 15% more damage.
- Wild Imp's Firebolt now deals 15% more damage.
- Conflagrate now deals 20% more damage.
- Fire and Brimstone now has a radius of 10 yards (was 15 yards).
- Incinerate now deals 10% more damage.
- Haunt now increases damage to the target by 30% up from 25%. This is partially in compensation because we also nerfed Sacrifice for Affliction because it was looking too mandatory.
- Partially reverted the buffs to Conflag and Immolate. They were +20%, and are now +15%.
- Hand of Gul'dan, Shadowflame, Shadow Bolt, Touch of Chaos and Wild Imp Firebolt +15%.
- Soul Fire damage +22%.
- Conflagrate and Immolate damage +20%.
- Incinerate damage +10%.
Posted changes today. This will be a HUGE buff for Demonology and Destruction. Affliction will be nerfed while Destro and Demo will win. I think Demo will be the top DPS very soon. Stay tuned.
*****EDIT: DPS Simulation Adjustments (paper napkin math style)*****
This will be my attempt to see how the adjustments thus far have modified the T14H simulated DPS for all 3 specs.
Affliction (132,154 DPS)
-5% Grimoire of Sacrifice (Haunt, Drain Soul, Malefic Grasp, Fel Flame)
Haunt -> 11783 to 11390 (-393 DPS)
Drain Soul -> 5592 to 5406 (-187 DPS)
Malefic Grasp -> 11653 to 11265 (-388 DPS)
Fel Flame -> 0 to 0 (-0 DPS)
Overall Effect: 131,187 DPS (-967 DPS) (0.8% loss)
Note: If the proc damage of Malefic Grasp and Drain Soul is nerfed 5% as well (hard to decipher from patch notes), then the following happens to Malefic Grasp and Drain Soul:
Drain Soul -> 14977 to 14478 (-499 DPS)
Malefic Grasp -> 50611 to 48924 (-1687 DPS)
Overall Effect: 129,968 DPS (-2186 DPS) (1.7% loss)
Demonology (120,482 DPS)
+15% Hand of Gul'dan
+15% Shadow Bolt
+15% Touch of Chaos
+15% Wild Imp Firebolt
Hand of Guldan -> 6876 to 7907 (+1031 DPS)
Shadowflame -> 4882 to 5614 (+732 DPS)
Shadow Bolt -> 10165 to 11690 (+1525 DPS)
Touch of Chaos -> 18167 to 20892 (+2725 DPS)
Wild Imps -> 20293 to 23337 (+3045 DPS)
Soulfire -> 17959 to 21910 (+3951 DPS)
Overall Effect: 133,490 DPS (+13008 DPS) (+10.8%)
Destruction (120,042 DPS)
-5% Grimoire of Sacrifice (Chaos Bolt, Shadowburn, Incinerate, Conflagrate)
Chaos Bolt -> 36601 to 35137 (-1464 DPS)
Shadowburn -> 7296 to 7004 (-292 DPS)
Incinerate -> 46844 to 44970 to 49467 (+2623 DPS)
Immolate -> 10742 to 11816 (+1074 DPS)
Conflagrate -> 10501 to 10081 to 12097 (+1596 DPS)
Overall Effect: 123,580 DPS (+3538 DPS) (+2.9%)
New "Simulated" T14H DPS Rankings based on newest patch notes:
Demonology = 133,490 DPS
Affliction = 131,187 DPS (MG and DS not nerfed by Grim of Sac nerf)
Affliction = 129,968 DPS (MG and DS nerfed by Grim of Sac nerf)
Destruction = 123,580 DPS
I also believe this will heavily change the stat weights for each spec. I anticipate Mastery scaling to go down for Destruction especially if Grimoire of Sacrifice is no longer used. I believe Grimoire of Supremacy will be better for Destruction and will cause Haste to be more valuable than Mastery. Hard to see what might change with Demonology and Affliction, but man does Demonology look attractive now. Not sure if Destruction has received enough of a buff. Reverting the Grimoire of Sacrifice nerf for Destruction would bring them closer to the other two specs, but I think that Demonology and Affliction lined up so nicely will be very nice.
EDIT: Had some math errors in the Affliction calculations. Those have been corrected.