- - - - -
  • Please log in to reply

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:16 AM

Jenaye
  • Jenaye
  • Knight
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
  • LocationOkinawa, Japan
I honestly only touched demo for about 3 levels when I leveled my lock, as I got bored with afflication for a bit. Not looking forward to gemming/reforging/chanting everything again, lol.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:29 AM

Zagam
  • Zagam
  • Sha of Fel Magic
  • LocationMorgantown, WV
Grim of Sacrifice will never be an option for PvE Demonology Warlocks. It has its usefulness for PvP burst, but you summon your minion back out as soon as your burst is over.

Raid Leader of Semi-Respectable, US-Mal'Ganis - 7/7H

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:42 AM

Chobani
  • Chobani
  • Worker
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
Seriously. This is ridiculous. I feel sorry for anyone who isn't a warlock this expansion. The best thing about 4.1 in Cata was the option of switching between Demo and Destro on a per fight basis. Heroic Maloriak was the greatest thing ever. I was pretty disappointed that wasn't going to be the case with this expansion (namely because the stat weights between Affliction and Demo are so different and that Demo was/is still pretty far behind). Aside from these sweet juicy buffs, Demo was already looking pretty strong as far as the new boss mechanics go in addition to all that fat crit thats on the new gear.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

Zagam
  • Zagam
  • Sha of Fel Magic
  • LocationMorgantown, WV
My next struggle will be to find the best balance for people who will be Affliction/Demonology. Demonology goes Crit = Mastery >>> Haste while Affliction is Haste = Mastery >>> Crit. It's pretty obvious to keep Mastery high in both spec's reforgings...but these Warlocks that bounce back and forth may have to legit grab gear for off-spec to be really effective.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

Gravyspasm
  • Gravyspasm
  • Grand Master
  • LocationCoral Springs, Florida. USA. Earth.

Heroic Maloriak was the greatest thing ever.

I never got to experience heroic mode, but on normal it was the tits. The closest thing i can do to get to that feeling of kill everything. right now. hard is on the one scenario where you're running around the horde dominance area, and at the end you get the 4-5 waves of NPCs. i just sel my portal down at the Horde NPC and just as the other two players are clicking on the 3 action items (guns/bombs/rockets) i run up past the gate and wait for the waves to resolve, then drop a rain of fire and portal back to the group.

a delicious group of mobs ensues, complete with people on horses that'll run&stun you, healers and annoying ranged.

but what ends up happening is nothing short of magic.

“I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

Previously a.k.a Augos @ Deathwing/Ravenholdt/Shadowsong/Garrosh/Turalyon servers.

Z2VIfSR.png

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

Zagam
  • Zagam
  • Sha of Fel Magic
  • LocationMorgantown, WV
My favorite Demonology time was Heroic Halfus progression. This is how this one came down... me to Hunter - you get that drake me to Tank 1 - you get that drake and this drake me to Tank 2 - you get Halfus Me - I GOT DEM WHELPS Other DPS - want us to AoE whelps? Me - NO! Other DPS - ok, geez...you didn't need to yell at us... Me - my precious... Fight starts...Whelps are released. They turn red. I turn giant and purple. Hand of Guldan, Demon Soul: Felguard, Felstorm, Metamorphosis, Immolation Aura, Summon Infernal, Shadowflame, Hellfire...125k DPS That fight at the beginning was AWESOME. Soulburning a Felpuppy out to get on Halfus with a 500% damage taken debuff and using Soulfire executes...oh man did we hit hard.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

Jenaye
  • Jenaye
  • Knight
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
  • LocationOkinawa, Japan
lol, when I ran through there on my rogue, our tanks asked if we needed any assistance with the whelps. The response from both me and the lock was pretty much "GET THE FUCK AWAY, WE GOT THIS"... such bliss

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

JvChequer
  • JvChequer
  • Firelord
  • LocationHUE HUE HUE BR BR

My next struggle will be to find the best balance for people who will be Affliction/Demonology. Demonology goes Crit = Mastery >>> Haste while Affliction is Haste = Mastery >>> Crit. It's pretty obvious to keep Mastery high in both spec's reforgings...but these Warlocks that bounce back and forth may have to legit grab gear for off-spec to be really effective.

Maybe Haste increase your stats weight for affli 'cause the RPPM system of trinkets and maybe 'cause Soulfire was greatly buffed than others spells, crit will raise a little.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

Zagam
  • Zagam
  • Sha of Fel Magic
  • LocationMorgantown, WV
I think, with the RPPM system, Haste will go up for all three specs for better trinket uptime. I love Haste but might have to forget about it with Demo since a majority of its casts are instant and don't require Haste. I think Destruction will really enjoy a heavy Haste build with Grim of Supremacy, but that testing will happen soon enough so that I don't make predictions.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

Zagam
  • Zagam
  • Sha of Fel Magic
  • LocationMorgantown, WV
Announced in a blue post...all the damage modifiers are not the only buff...they're also buffing the scaling with spell power...meaning the buffs will be even larger than previously thought. This might take the secondary stat theory out of whack and make gemming pure Intellect the way to go again.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

Omaric
  • Omaric
  • Celestial Defender
  • LocationMinneapolis, Minnesota
Er......mer........geeerd.... So glad to be going Demo. Also, I get to take advantage of green fire. Yay! Secretly... I think Blizz's whole purpose of buffing these two specs this patch is so that we actually *can* see some green fire use. =D

Cl5g2ap.png

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

Zagam
  • Zagam
  • Sha of Fel Magic
  • LocationMorgantown, WV
Completely agreed. Might bring Destro up more. I'm at work, so I can't find these...any chance you can dig the formulas for Incinerate, Immolate, Conflagrate, Shadowbolt, Hand of Guldan, Shadowflame, Soul Fire, and Touch of Chaos for me so I can do some end of the week theorycrafting and update my numbers?

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

Omaric
  • Omaric
  • Celestial Defender
Is there a site you're locked out from that you use to find this information? I'm not familiar with optimal sources and google likes to puke out shit that's over 3 years old. =P

Cl5g2ap.png

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

Zagam
  • Zagam
  • Sha of Fel Magic
  • LocationMorgantown, WV
I can't see wowhead, wowdb, or anything like that. I think wowdb has the best formulas. I might be able to see it on ptr website...work doesn't block ptr.wowhead.com, just wowhead.com hahaha

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

Omaric
  • Omaric
  • Celestial Defender
Incinerate - [ 1,496 + 140% of Spell Power ] Conflagrate - [ 1,602 + 150% of Spell Power ] Immolate - Instant: [ 396 + 37.1% of Spell Power ] DoT portion: [ 1,980 + 37.1% of Spell Power ] over 15 seconds. Shadow Bolt - [ 1,282 + 120% of Spell Power ] Hand of Gul'Dan - [ 534 + 50% of Spell Power + 2% of AP ] Shadowflame - [ 876 + 13.7% of Spell Power ] over 6 seconds. Soul Fire - [ 748 + 70% of Spell Power ] Touch of Chaos - [ 712 + 66.6% of Spell Power ] There ya be. Taken from the live version of wowdb.

Cl5g2ap.png

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

Zagam
  • Zagam
  • Sha of Fel Magic
  • LocationMorgantown, WV
Ah, I can see them. Posting here for reference... Incinerate = 1421-1570 + 140% of Spell Power Immolate = ? no info given Conflagrate = 1523-1682 + 150% of Spell Power Soul Fire = 672-822 + 70% of Spell Power (always crits) Touch of Chaos = 676-746 + 66.6% of Spell Power Hand of Gul'dan = 534 + 50% of Spell Power Shadowflame = 876 + 13.4% of Spell Power over 6 sec Shadowbolt = 1282 + 120% of Spell Power

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

Zagam
  • Zagam
  • Sha of Fel Magic
  • LocationMorgantown, WV
Very nice...we got the same numbers. Now I'm curious if the +% scaling is whole or percentage based...can't really confirm either way. For example, the 10% buff to Incinerate would either be... 1) 1496 + 140% SP --> 1646 + 150% 2) 1496 + 140% SP --> 1646 + 154% This would have implications either way, especially for Demo. My bet is it that actual scaling number is augmented (Option 2) so the Destruction and Demonology buffs will be larger than I simulated. Let's hope this makes it to live....

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

Omaric
  • Omaric
  • Celestial Defender
I'll take whatever is behind door number 2 Bob!

Cl5g2ap.png

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

Cthuulhu
  • Cthuulhu
  • Vagrant
I noticed a lack of wild imps buff on the most recent update, do you reckon the scaling will still make demo as strong without that? was kinda looking forward to the imp buff :<

Edited by Cthuulhu, 22 February 2013 - 09:03 PM.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

Omaric
  • Omaric
  • Celestial Defender

I noticed a lack of wild imps buff on the most recent update, do you reckon the scaling will still make demo as strong without that? was kinda looking forward to the imp buff :<

You're right, that definitely didn't make it through. Maybe that's just an error....

Zagam, here's the information for that ability.

Firebolt: [ 969 + 90.7% of Spell Power ]

That seems a bit much though, but that's what wowdb is saying.

Cl5g2ap.png

Active Users

1 user(s) are browsing this forum 0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users